Bryan Fischer explains dinosaur extinction

All are welcome to this forum, which is for debating the teaching of creationism or intelligent design in schools. This forum can be boisterous, and you should not participate if easily offended.

Moderator: Moderators

Bryan Fischer explains dinosaur extinction

Postby a_haworthroberts » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:03 pm

Under this blog post I commented, as shown underneath it:

https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/201 ... ahs-flood/ 'Bryan Fischer: Dinosaurs Went Extinct Because Plants Died Out After Noah’s Flood.'
''I look forward to the verdict of 'Answers in Genesis' on whether Fischer is thinking correctly according to a 'biblical worldview' here. Perhaps they will discuss this on tomorrow's 'Answers News'. If they do I suspect they will suggest he is on the right track. Though maybe they will suggest he purchases some of their apologetics materials to further inform his thinking on this matter. The fact that the (somewhat selective) extinction of hundreds of species of dinosaurs or any other creatures is not remotely hinted at in the first 11 or so chapters of Genesis will not of course deter these creationists (they aren't bothered about attacking our scientific understanding of dinosaur extinction so why should they be bothered about what the Bible actually says). Such as at Genesis 8:17: ''''Bring out every kind of living creature that is with you—the birds, the animals, and all the creatures that move along the ground—so they can multiply on the earth and be fruitful and increase in number on it.”'' Or at Genesis 9: 1-3: ''''Then God blessed Noah and his sons, saying to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the earth. The fear and dread of you will fall on all the beasts of the earth, and on all the birds in the sky, on every creature that moves along the ground, and on all the fish in the sea; they are given into your hands. Everything that lives and moves about will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything.'''' I see no mention there of a chronic shortage of plant food (even if a real global flood might have caused plants and trees to die). And if vegetation was 'wiped out' that must have only been temporary since there is rather a lot of vegetation around on planet Earth today. And, as Right Wing Watch point out, other large herbivorous species somehow managed to muddle through.''

This kind of stuff just helps draw atheists and rational Christians (and others not in either camp) closer together. Something I think we need at the present time.
a_haworthroberts

Return to Free For All