YEC David Tee

Creationist bloggers can be infuriating. If one has infuriated you by persisting in nonsense even when corrected, or refusing to reply to your criiticsm, you may feel driven to recording the fact. If so, you may register your disapproval here and hope a response is forthcoming.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: YEC David Tee

Postby archaeologist55 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:31 am

Noah's Flood is NOT I repeat NOT presented as an extinction event in the Bible.


While technically correct, the Flood is NOT presented as an extinction event, it still involves the extinction of almost all of the plants, animals and humans living at that time. As we look at the definition of the word 'Extinction' we read the following

3. Destruction; excision; as the extinction of nations.
4. Destruction; suppression; a putting an end to; as the extinction of life, or of a family; the extinction of feuds, jealousies or enmity; the extinction of a claim


Webster, N. (2006). Noah Webster’s first edition of An American dictionary of the English language. Anaheim, CA: Foundation for American Christian Education.(Reprinting of the 19th century original dictionary)

As you can see extinction is a part of Noah's Flood and any denial of that fact demonstrates the lengths H-R will go to make his point.
archaeologist55
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:04 am

Re: YEC David Tee

Postby archaeologist55 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:50 am

This will be my last post for this session and I hope this thread will not be locked but that other people than H-R be given a chance to respond and present their views.

YEC-ism is inherently evil. Or at least it draws in many evil people - people who are prepared to repeatedly do the endless lying (and evasions and false accusing) that is NECESSARY to make it 'work'.


All I can say is provide the legitimate, verifiable evidence to support this claim. I see a lot of evidence that those words apply to the posts and claims of H-R but not people like me or the YEC group. While I do believe that the universe and earth were created recently I do not agree with people like Bishop Ussher or others like him who place creation far to early in our history.

I am not an Old Earth Creationist, progressive creationist nor do I subscribe to any evolutionary model or view point. I believe God created as he said and that fact is what is the most important lesson to learn. The age of the universe and earth are not important and moot but the truth that God created all things in 6 24 hour days is what everyone needs to learn.

Now how that translates into being inherently evil or endless lying I do not know for I am teaching exactly what the Bible says and how God represents himself. For those who disagree with that lesson bringing up an alternative idea does not mean their opponent is lying, evil or misrepresenting anything about our origins or God. Stating that secular science or any field of research trumps God is merely stating an opinion by those who do not believe the Bible.

Then presenting information that comes from secular science's experiments is not presenting truly independent, objective facts but providing information from a biased source from a group of people who do not believe God or side with evolutionary thought. This fact renders their information suspect and to the possibility of manipulation, misrepresentation, outright lying and so on. Hardly information from credible and unbiased sources.
archaeologist55
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:04 am

Re: YEC David Tee

Postby a_haworthroberts » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:04 pm

Tee is lying about the clear meaning of the Bible. I have proved that. He continues to protest. But he has NOT shown that the Bible presents Noah's Flood as a 'mass extinction'. Thus NOTHING has changed. It's just him saying "you're wrong you're wrong" over and over again. He has not, I repeat not, engaged with the substance of my arguments. He either does not know what 'extinction'/'mass extinction' means or is pretending not to know what it means to suit his reality-denial agenda. If he won't accept that Noah's Flood as described in Genesis was NOT a 'mass extinction' (just a wipe-out of lots of animals - but NO extinction because of the ark) from me, will he accept it from OTHER young earth creationists? Or will he continue to dogmatically misrepresent the Bible he claims to believe in? An 'almost' extinction is NOT an extinction (in the biological sense which is the sense that has been under discussion). According to Genesis all the land-based creatures on the planet ALMOST went extinct during Noah's Flood (including humanity). Today there are 7 billion people on the planet.
https://answersingenesis.org/blogs/ken- ... eationist/
"The Bible tells us that God commanded Noah to take animals aboard the Ark “to keep them alive with [Noah]” (Genesis 6:19). There is nothing about God promising to preserve them after the Flood, and since Scripture is silent on the issue we must make speculations based on what we know of His character. Actually, lots of animals—not just dinosaurs—have died out since the Flood." (Ken Ham; his claim that scripture is 'silent' is false ie it ignores Genesis 8:17.)

Oh I see that in his post at 3.31 hours Tee has FINALLY conceded that I was CORRECT all along. Because what we were discussing all along was claims in his blog post dated 22 December about 'mass extinctions' - in the sense of a species being TOTALLY wiped out forever (as with the dinosaurs or mammoths etc).
https://theologyarchaeology.wordpress.c ... y-project/
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/extinction
"Biology. the act or process of becoming extinct; a coming to an end or dying out:
the extinction of a species."

Why has it taken him so long to admit that he was incorrect? And why has he failed to make this admission on his own blogsite (other than linking again to this thread in a new post)?
https://theologyarchaeology.wordpress.c ... nterested/

Mr Tee should check the validity of his 'science' claims before dogmatically posting them online and then insisting that anybody who challenges them with facts is 'delusional'.

He is I believe still denying the reality of natural selection. When I mentioned that YEC Jonathan Sarfati of Creation Ministries International accepts the reality of natural selection, Tee stated (on 22 Dec under his post of that date) "And if Sarfati accepts natural selection then I would doubt his salvation and creationist views". So is Tee going to insist that nobody at CMI is a Christian because they have accepted the observable reality of natural election (whilst still rejecting evolution)?
http://creation.com/natural-selection-evolution

He will be in a very lonely position if he does.
a_haworthroberts
 
Posts: 9075
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:49 am
Location: United Kingdom

Re: YEC David Tee

Postby archaeologist55 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:48 am

Tee is lying about the clear meaning of the Bible


This is the last time I will address H-R. If he cannot respect those he is discussing with then there is no point in further communication.

Oh I see that in his post at 3.31 hours Tee has FINALLY conceded that I was CORRECT all along.


I did not concede anything. it seems that H-R has rose-colored glasses on and sees what he wants to see. His whole post sounds like a fifth grader wrote it, just like his previous posts do. I am not going to waste my time with this guy any more. I will respond to others but not H-R and H-R, do not come back to my forum. if you do, your posts will hit the trash and not see the light of day.

It is clear that nothing meaningful can come from any interaction with you. When you learn to treat others as you want to be treated then maybe you will get more friends to play with you.
archaeologist55
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:04 am

Re: YEC David Tee

Postby a_haworthroberts » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:27 pm

Now Tee is lying about HIS OWN WORDS. "I did not concede anything". Care to explain HOW you did not concede?

Which is why I have questioned David's sanity as well as his inability to be truthful.

"While technically correct, the Flood is NOT presented as an extinction event ...". YOUR words yesterday. Contradicting what you wrote at your blog. Remember?

Sorry, David but you have conceded - even if you did so in a spiteful and unintentional fashion. Well done! You wrote a false statement about the Bible - and now you are lying about the clear meaning of YOUR OWN WORDS.

You are right. Rational discussion between us is not possible.

People like you are putting people off Christianity (except perhaps for some other dishonest or bigoted people like you of course). The verbal abuse you have apparently received from some quarters is richly deserved. It results from your arrogance and lack of self-awareness - an all too obvious attitude that you could never ever possibly be wrong about anything and that anybody who exposes your empty fact-free nonsensical and not even particularly Christian claims with rational arguments and real facts is simply a nasty person or is viewing reality through 'rose coloured glasses'. It's never you, it's always the other person! But unfortunately for you this other person, who has disagreed with various complete falsehoods presented as 'facts', is not 'delusional' as you have sought to claim on your on blogsite (as a substitute for dealing with the substance of my arguments).

"Do not come back to my forum." I'm sorry but you will have to censor me because I will indeed exercise my right to revisit your blog and submit comments on any further lies from you that I might read there. If you don't like people doing that you should not run a blog. Perhaps God will visit your blog - will you ban him if he doesn't agree with your claims there about Noah's flood?

Other people reading this will make up their minds about me and about you.

One thing is clear. There is certainly no need for anyone to 'edit' your comments in any way.

Thus please do not interpret this reply as 'persecution for standing up for the truth' or some such - that would be an insult to honest Christians being persecuted by the likes of daesh.
a_haworthroberts
 
Posts: 9075
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:49 am
Location: United Kingdom

Re: YEC David Tee

Postby Brian Jordan » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:50 pm

archaeologist55 wrote: I do not agree with people like Bishop Ussher or others like him who place creation far to early in our history.
Yipes! An Ultra Young Earther? Or maybe a typo. :)
Anyway, welcome to the forum at last after that protracted application.
"PPSIMMONS is an amorphous mass of stupid" - Rationalwiki
User avatar
Brian Jordan
Forum Admin
 
Posts: 4216
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:59 pm

Re: YEC David Tee

Postby archaeologist55 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:40 am

Yipes! An Ultra Young Earther? Or maybe a typo. :)
Anyway, welcome to the forum at last after that protracted application.


No Typo and no ultra YEC person just someone who believes the Bible.

I am ignoring H-R as his inflammatory speech just makes him lose credibility. He forgets that while something is not presented as an extinction, it is still an extinction event. He is lost in his distorting of biblical events and the views of those he disagrees with.
archaeologist55
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:04 am

Re: YEC David Tee

Postby Roger Stanyard » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:37 am

Brian Jordan wrote:
archaeologist55 wrote: I do not agree with people like Bishop Ussher or others like him who place creation far to early in our history.
Yipes! An Ultra Young Earther? Or maybe a typo. :)
Anyway, welcome to the forum at last after that protracted application.


He's an ultra.
Those who believe absurdities will commit atrocities - Voltaire
User avatar
Roger Stanyard
Forum Admin
 
Posts: 6162
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:59 pm

Re: YEC David Tee

Postby Roger Stanyard » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:57 am

a_haworthroberts wrote:Now Tee is lying about HIS OWN WORDS. "I did not concede anything". Care to explain HOW you did not concede?



He's not worth bothering with Ashley. Even by the standards of YECers, he's a lightweight. As far as I can make out, his only message is that science is wrong because it contradicts the Bible. He seems to have endlessly repeated this all over the Internet, ad nauseum, ad infinitum. He lives in a simple world of his own black and white absolutism. Debate with such repetitive bores is a complete waste of space.
Those who believe absurdities will commit atrocities - Voltaire
User avatar
Roger Stanyard
Forum Admin
 
Posts: 6162
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:59 pm

Re: YEC David Tee

Postby Roger Stanyard » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:58 am

a_haworthroberts wrote:Now Tee is lying about HIS OWN WORDS. "I did not concede anything". Care to explain HOW you did not concede?



He's not worth bothering with Ashley. Even by the standards of YECers, he's a lightweight. As far as I can make out, his only message is that science is wrong because it contradicts the Bible. He seems to have endlessly repeated this all over the Internet, ad nauseum, ad infinitum. He lives in a simple world of his own black and white absolutism. Debate with such repetitive bores is a complete waste of space.
Those who believe absurdities will commit atrocities - Voltaire
User avatar
Roger Stanyard
Forum Admin
 
Posts: 6162
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:59 pm

Re: YEC David Tee

Postby a_haworthroberts » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:48 pm

Roger Stanyard wrote:
a_haworthroberts wrote:Now Tee is lying about HIS OWN WORDS. "I did not concede anything". Care to explain HOW you did not concede?



He's not worth bothering with Ashley. Even by the standards of YECers, he's a lightweight. As far as I can make out, his only message is that science is wrong because it contradicts the Bible. He seems to have endlessly repeated this all over the Internet, ad nauseum, ad infinitum. He lives in a simple world of his own black and white absolutism. Debate with such repetitive bores is a complete waste of space.



In terms of direct debate between us I cannot disagree with you Roger (though I think his arguments are worth dissecting). Such people have utter contempt for any rational argument that challenges their chosen fact-free dogma, in this case the not even Christian claim "There has only been one mass extinction in our history and that was Noah’s flood".
https://theologyarchaeology.wordpress.c ... y-project/

Tee has of course failed to inform us how he did 'not' concede my argument. If a person says "black is white" and then after being challenged says "actually black is black" they have conceded - even if they did not say "I concede".

"He forgets that while something is not presented as an extinction, it is still an extinction event." I forget NO such thing. The Bible does not present Noah's Flood as an extinction event - in the sense of by the end of the flood there were no more of such and such a species or group of species (be it mammoths or dinosaurs or pterosaurs or whatever) because they had all vanished and died out from the planet FOREVER - precisely because various Bible verses clearly show that the flood was NOT an extinction event (pairs of all land-based creatures were saved on an ark and then told to multiply and recolonise the planet).

I assume that David does agree that dinosaurs ARE extinct. If so, will David kindly tell us whether dinosaurs went extinct (finally disappeared FOREVER):
(a) before Noah's flood (assuming such a worldwide inundation did happen in geologically very recent times);
(b) during Noah's flood;
(c) after Noah's flood.

And what biblical support if any he thinks he has for his claim (note he supplied a Bible verse previously at his own blog and I dismissed the verse - because it ruled out what he was claiming from it).

It comes to something when a YEC is arguing and stamping his foot against somebody for being MORE biblical than they are.

Tee should remember that 99% of species that have ever lived are now EXTINCT! Yet he is suggesting that a big die-off (but NO extinctions in the sense of disappeared FOREVER) during 'Noah's flood' is the only event that can be labelled 'mass extinction'. So the 99% of ALL species, IF they unbiblically ie ignoring God's own words at Genesis 8:17 all went extinct within the last several thousand years, that must mean that they went extinct in dribs and drabs rather than because of any event like an asteroid/comet strike or runaway global climate change caused by a supervolcano and therefore when 99% of creatures died out forever that did not happen during ANY 'mass extinction'.

Tee's position is not only unbiblical, it is also totally bizarre. His use of the word 'extinction' is totally cavalier. It is typical of how YECs play with words in a cynical fashion to push their unscientific agendas.

Tee's conceding and then denying that he ever did so suggests great insecurity - if he gives a millimetre and admits even the slightest error his Christianity/Christian worldview might totally collapse. But I am not trying to destroy his Christian faith! Rather I was challenging nonsensical, bigoted, and in some cases non-biblical claims by a professing Christian. Some Christians are willing to be challenged. But David Tee clearly is not.

Will he go silent here - but then persuade himself that he 'won' nevertheless?
a_haworthroberts
 
Posts: 9075
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:49 am
Location: United Kingdom

Re: YEC 'David Tee'

Postby a_haworthroberts » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:55 am

Two books SELF-PUBLISHED by 'David Tee' (which is apparently a pseudonym or pen name) in 2014 at CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform are entitled 'Much to Talk About' (volumes 1 and 2) and apparently contain the best of his frequently finger-pointing, bigoted and anti-science blog TheologyArchaeology:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Much-Talk-About ... +david+tee (Amazon page showing details of Volume 1)
"Much To Talk About is a book on different topics from the Christian perspective. Ranging from science to archaeology to homosexuality this work brings God's view into the discussion accompanied by real answers."
According to the Amazon pages and the back cover of one of his books where I spotted similar or identical wording, 'Tee' "holds degrees in Theology, Church History and Archaeology and has been an educator for many years". Yet I have seen him question on his blog the existence or reality of natural selection, atoms, neutrons, quarks etc.
About to take a peek inside the two volumes mentioned above and see, on the limited selection of pages available, whether he has succinctly instructed other Christians on exactly what they should think about science. I will add a PS if I spot a significant statement.

PS at 2.13 am GMT
"It doesn't matter what science says because both God and Jesus did not grant permission for anyone to follow science over their words." (Quote from the first article in Volume 1; So why does Tee even use the internet if that was developed via science not via faith or words spoken by God or Jesus in the Bible?)
"The more I study science, though, the more I think it is just a big game played by people who think they are smarter than everyone else and who do not care about anyone other than themselves". (From the first article on Discussing Science in Volume 2; By that criterion I guess 'Tee' must be a 'scientist'?)
a_haworthroberts
 
Posts: 9075
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:49 am
Location: United Kingdom

Re: YEC David Tee

Postby archaeologist55 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:55 am

He's not worth bothering with Ashley. Even by the standards of YECers, he's a lightweight. As far as I can make out, his only message is that science is wrong because it contradicts the Bible. He seems to have endlessly repeated this all over the Internet, ad nauseum, ad infinitum. He lives in a simple world of his own black and white absolutism. Debate with such repetitive bores is a complete waste of space.


yes you just keep thinking that

i am amazed that you people actually give H-R the time of day given his character and behavior.

You all have yet to provide the name of the world wide recognized boss who made secular science an authority over life. origins is outside of the scope of secular science and is well within the boundaries of theology. Secular science are the interlopers here not the fighters for truth.
archaeologist55
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:04 am

Re: YEC David Tee

Postby Roger Stanyard » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:50 am

archaeologist55 wrote:
i am amazed that you people actually give H-R the time of day given his character and behavior.



Why not? We put up with a lot of other people with "robust" views, such as yourself demanding that you be called "Dr".
Those who believe absurdities will commit atrocities - Voltaire
User avatar
Roger Stanyard
Forum Admin
 
Posts: 6162
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:59 pm

Re: YEC David Tee

Postby a_haworthroberts » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:46 pm

David must have missed the warning on this website concerning the 'free for all' part of this community forum that debate on this forum can be 'boisterous' and that people should not participate if easily offended.
http://www.forums.bcseweb.org.uk/

Still I see that he has ducked my latest question. Perhaps he has finally realised that his position on mass extinctions totally lacks any biblical support after all. Of course he can believe what he likes about dinosaur extinctions - but he CANNOT claim scientific OR biblical support for the notion that eg all species of dinosaur went extinct (as part of the planet's 'only' ever mass extinction) 'during' Noah's flood.
a_haworthroberts
 
Posts: 9075
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:49 am
Location: United Kingdom

PreviousNext

Return to Conversations with Creationists

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron