YEC Bob Sorensen - compulsive liar exposed

Creationist bloggers can be infuriating. If one has infuriated you by persisting in nonsense even when corrected, or refusing to reply to your criiticsm, you may feel driven to recording the fact. If so, you may register your disapproval here and hope a response is forthcoming.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: YEC Bob Sorensen - timeline

Postby a_haworthroberts » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:29 pm

http://www.piltdownsuperman.com/2013/06 ... t=FaceBook
https://www.facebook.com/Piltdown.Superman
Click here for a load of lies and religiously-inspired stupidity about the fossil record.

'Lies'? YES, Bob and co:
"people believe in evolution despite the evidence...";
"... a sudden appearance without transitional forms in the fossil record is predicted by Noachian Flood models";
"I'm also ashamed to say it took years for me to finally figure out what the fossil record really is and how it got there..Basically a bunch of dead things buried rapidly (fossilization) in what were once soft sedimentary layers..laid down by water..all over the world...";
"It took many years for evolutionists to begin to catch on that their story about something dying, sinking to the bottom of the lake, river, ocean, then getting buried and turned into a fossil after millions of years was the complete opposite of what really happens. Creationists pointed things out and they were embarrassed";
(I've not read the stuff from Steven Meyer of the Discovery Institute that is indirectly linked to.)

You libel your critics with the behaviour that you exhibit yourselves, young Earth creationists.
a_haworthroberts

Postby Peter Henderson » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:01 am

He's simply lying here Ashley (or rather, repdeating a lie):

http://www.piltdownsuperman.com/2013/06 ... t=FaceBook

I don't know how Sorensen can call himself a Christian.

http://darwins-god.blogspot.co.uk/2013/ ... oes-0.html
Peter Henderson

Postby a_haworthroberts » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:29 am

I've actually drawn this blog post by the intelligent design/creationist blogger Cornelius Hunter to the attention of Christine Janis, David Levin, and 'One Who Learns Online' in case they wish to comment on this 'pre-filtering' and 'post-filtering' of data issue which - upon briefly scanning them - appears to have been overlooked in the 'slanging match' of lengthy comments under the blog post. IF there is any kind of (public) underhand manipulation going on here, I would wish to know about it.

I'll bet that Sorensen does not really understand all the issues in the Hunter blog and in the links below. I don't!
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23657258
"These results question the exclusive reliance on concatenation and associated practices, and argue that selecting genes with strong phylogenetic signals and demonstrating the absence of significant incongruence are essential for accurately reconstructing ancient divergences."
https://www.simonsfoundation.org/featur ... of-life/0/
a_haworthroberts

Postby a_haworthroberts » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:07 pm

http://www.piltdownsuperman.com/2013/06 ... eated.html
"But Darwin (who was not a great scientist - his only degree was in theology ...)"

Complete wilfully ignorant and elitist nonsense. He should read a biography of what Darwin got up to in investigating various creatures such as worms and barnacles.
a_haworthroberts

Postby InfernalTank » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:22 am

A collage of Bob's hatred.
InfernalTank

Postby Brian Jordan » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:41 am

What's with these creationists and their targeting Down's Syndrome? Do they see it as some sort of chink in their denialist armour? Like trisomy being an increase in information, not a loss?
"PPSIMMONS is an amorphous mass of stupid" - Rationalwiki
Brian Jordan
Forum Admin

Postby Peter Henderson » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:35 pm

An announcement from Bob on Facebook today:

IS THIS THE LAST POST FROM THEQUESTION EVOLUTION PROJECT? Could be. But I want to make sure and get this message out while we still can.

There have been announcements that Conservative and Christian Pages have been removed from Facebook under false allegations. Not a surprise, really, s"Featured Articles")ince anti-Christian, anti-Conservative and anti-creationist Pages with obscene content abound. Those violate the rules of FB, but FB does not enforce their own rules, giving a "This does not violate our standards" message on content that is too shameful to mention!

So, if this Page is removed, don't be surprised. We'll start again, though. But also, I suggest that you bookmark www.piltdownsuperman.com (the source for the "Featured Articles"). We are also on Google Plus. And don't forget Jason's site at answersforhope.com.

Pardon the dramatic introduction and the paranoid tone, but the threat to the Page may be real. But we'll keep plugging away, bringing you excellent material that refutes evolution and supports creation science. -Cowboy Bob Sorensen

Evolutionary Truth by Piltdown Superman
www.piltdownsuperman.com
The Question Evolution Project. Articles, links to creation science resources so people can learn what is suppressed by evolutionary orthodoxy.

Wow !
Peter Henderson

Postby Roger Stanyard » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:03 pm

Peter Henderson wrote:An announcement from Bob on Facebook today:

IS THIS THE LAST POST FROM THEQUESTION EVOLUTION PROJECT? Could be. But I want to make sure and get this message out while we still can.

Wow !

So Cowboy Bob is a paranoid conspiracy theorist. What did anyone expect otherwise? He's American, ultra-rightwing, "low information", fundamentalist and creationist. Ticks against all five boxes for being a nutter.
Those who believe absurdities will commit atrocities - Voltaire
Roger Stanyard
Forum Admin

Postby theealex » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:18 pm

I see someone already beat me to posting Bob's paranoid rant today!
theealex

Postby Peter Henderson » Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:01 pm

It's really quite pathetic now.

All Sorenson and Petersen are doing is simply reposting articles from the ICR and elsewhere. How on earth is this in any way "critical thinking" ?

I suppose this is what they want kids to do in science classes.
Peter Henderson

Postby Peter Henderson » Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:01 am

Bob talking bullshit on comets again. Why doesn't he learn some astronomy rather than simply repeating crap from the ICR ?

http://www.piltdownsuperman.com/2013/07 ... t=FaceBook

For your information Bob, LONG PERIOD comets such as Ison, originate in the Oort cloud (which has been observed around other stars) Short period comets, such as Halley's comet, the Kuiper belt. Over 200 Kuiper belt objects have been discovered thus far so neither are "far fetched" as you put it.

This is the article Sorenson is quoting from:

http://www.icr.org/article/7548/

Reporting on Ison, The Independent said, "Comet Ison has taken millions of years to reach us travelling from the so-called Oort cloud – a reservoir of trillions and trillions of chunks of rock and ice, leftovers from the birth of the planets."3

Unfortunately, nobody has yet witnessed a single one of those "trillions and trillions of chunks." Going strictly with observational science, the "so-called Oort cloud" may exist only in the reservoir of the human mind.

Clearly, secular astronomers invented the Oort cloud to rescue their billions-of-years dogma from a disintegration process that limits a comet's age—and thus the age of the Solar System—to thousands of years. When Ison becomes visible later this year, perhaps it will remind thoughtful viewers that the universe is quite young, just as Scripture teaches.

Come to think of it, Brian Thomas isn't an astronomer either:

http://www.icr.org/brian_thomas/

Brian Thomas received his bachelor's degree in biology from Stephen F. Austin State University, Nacogdoches, Texas, in 1993. After teaching at Angelina Christian School and beginning graduate studies in science education at the Institute for Creation Research Graduate School, he returned to Stephen F. Austin, where he earned a master's degree in biotechnology in 1999. From 2000 to 2005, he taught 9th and 12th grade biology at Ovilla Christian School in Ovilla, Texas, as well as biology and chemistry as an adjunct professor at Navarro College in Waxahachie, Texas. He taught biology, chemistry, and anatomy as an assistant professor at Dallas Baptist University from 2005 until 2008. Mr. Thomas is the Science Writer at ICR, where he is responsible for contributing news and magazine articles, editing, and speaking on creation issues. He is the author of Dinosaurs and the Bible.

why wont Bob do an astronomy course and learn some science.

What an idiot.
Peter Henderson

Postby Brian Jordan » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:23 pm

Peter Henderson wrote:http://www.icr.org/brian_thomas/

Brian Thomas received his bachelor's degree in biology from Stephen F. Austin State University, Nacogdoches, Texas, in 1993. After teaching at Angelina Christian School and beginning graduate studies in science education at the Institute for Creation Research Graduate School
Hell's teeth! Postgraduate courses in lying to children!
"PPSIMMONS is an amorphous mass of stupid" - Rationalwiki
Brian Jordan
Forum Admin

Cowboy Bob Sorensen shoots himself in foot

Postby a_haworthroberts » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:08 pm

http://www.piltdownsuperman.com/2013/07 ... tions.html
So Bob, if the Kuiper Belt is 'far-fetched' (and you reject the Oort Cloud), where is Comet ISON coming from?
a_haworthroberts

YEC Bob Sorensen - idiot for Jesus

Postby a_haworthroberts » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:00 pm

Bob, posting as 'Uncle Pilty', has tried to criticise me under this Jason Petersen blog post:
http://answersforhope.com/feedback-resp ... mment-8069

Bob's comment:
"I am convinced that people who use vacuous phrases like “Liar for Jesus” simply want to provoke emotional reactions. For that matter, I think they are also unclear on the concept of what defines a lie in their zeal to attack the bad old creationists. After all, they are not able to defeat creationists through science and logic, so they resort to provoking emotions instead".

My attempted response - which I guarantee that Jason Petersen will CENSOR (though perhaps he will read it first):
"No, Bob. It's not complicated.
A liar is a person who makes a statement that is false but does so because they wish it to be true, and despite the statement either being demonstrably wrong or being one that only someone of their particular persuasion thinks must be true. A liar for Jesus is a person who does such in order to convince others that the Bible is infallible eg on our origins and on the history of the universe, or to convince like-minded followers of Jesus that their opponents are lying.
The phrase was mentioned by me to Ruby - who may have copied the claims by AiG (and maybe Jason too) in good faith.
Ruby cited this article (just checked by me for the first time) within her article - at the two diagrams depicting lunar recession rates 'past' and 'present':
http://www.answersingenesis.org/article ... -recession
I'm not a physicist but I am very suspicious of the claim that lunar recession "would have been faster in the past". Surely in the past when the moon was closer than now the Earth had more angular momentum than now and the moon had less?
As I will be censored here yet AGAIN, even though this blog post is all ABOUT my comments to Jason, I am also posting this exchange at the BCSE community forum (where creationists are not censored and banned and where dissenting viewpoints are addressed rather than hidden).
Bob may also wish to see recent comments by Peter L under the earlier blog post carrying Ruby's article (I am glad Jason has not censored these comments). (Then again he may NOT.) It does seem to make sense to me, as Peter suggests, that the Roche Limit for our moon must be closer to Earth than geosynchronous orbit is. Incidentally, Peter's comments fail to differentiate between the two terms geosynchronous and geostationary, both of which he uses; I gather that a geosynchronous orbit is an orbit around the Earth with an orbital period of one sidereal day (approximately 23 hours 56 minutes and 4 seconds), matching the Earth's sidereal rotation period. It would appear that the lunar orbit now takes a bit longer than that because our natural satellite is (now and for much of the past) further away from Earth than the geostationary level/distance - which I understand is 22,236 miles above Earth's equator. (By the way, the AiG article quotes the Roche Limit for the moon as 11,500 miles from Earth, so Peter's claim appears correct.)
As for Bob, he certainly appears to be a liar for Jesus eg in claiming at his Piltdown Superman blog this past week that the Kuiper Belt is 'far-fetched'.
I look forward to Cowboy Bob addressing the SCIENCE for once (I expect he will spot these comments at the BCSE community forum pages - posted in the thread that is all about him and flagged at the Jason Petersen thread).
After all, he claims that creationists are unable to be defeated ON science (and logic). Yet his own knowledge of science appears to be abysmal ie he once claimed that carbon 14 decays into carbon 12 and took ages to correct this when I pointed out his error.
Ashley"

Bob should perhaps note that Ken Ham is afraid to debate adults about science. Much easier to indoctrinate kids against it! It's quite likely that such a debate would expose Ham's position on science as simple denial plus rather a lot of baloney.
a_haworthroberts

PreviousNext

Return to Conversations with Creationists