ID is for the sheep!

Current News and Links of interest

Moderator: News Editors

ID is for the sheep!

Postby Brian Jordan » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:10 am

According to this article, that ovine wonder Shaun the Sheep has come out in favour of ID. http://www.news24.com/MyNews24/Intelligent-Design-is-not-Science-20120606
The Discovery institute has officially made it their mission to discredit Evolution by a myriad of well calculated actions, amongst which was the publication of “A Scientific Dissent from Darwinism”. They were just recently enthusiastically haled by Sean the Sheep proclaiming “Darwin is going down baby!”.
I can't find it anywhere on Google and there's no search on the woolly web site, but if it's true then tAardman ought to be ashamed of themselves.
Still, as the article shows, it's 1 Shaun to 1215 Steves!
"PPSIMMONS is an amorphous mass of stupid" - Rationalwiki
Brian Jordan
Forum Admin

Re: ID is for the sheep!

Postby Michael » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:12 am

Sheep are too intelligent to be ID
Michael

Postby cathy » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:04 am

Can't find any links between shaun the sheep and Darwin but the creationist/ID mob do seem to be taking some umbridge with their Aardmanns newest film Pirates in an Adventure with Scientists - which seems to have been renamed Pirates band of misfits in the US, presumably due to the negative satanic, atheistic connotations with the word scientist. :evil:

Why, well as part of the plot the pirates come across Charles Darwin. From a normal review:
Crucially, there is also Polly, the Captain’s pet parrot, who is, scientifically speaking, actually a dodo. An encounter on the high seas with a ship called the Beagle sees the naturalist Charles Darwin (voiced by David Tennant) correctly identify the bird, and the Captain realises his “discovery” of a species previously thought to be extinct could earn him enough loot to swing the award in his favour.

Meanwhile, Darwin has his own baroquely odd plan for Polly, which I defy any cinemagoer to predict before it is revealed on screen. Suffice to say it involves a trip to London to present Polly to the Royal Society and the dastardly Queen Victoria (voiced by Imelda Staunton), a renowned loather of pirates and no slouch with a blade herself.

The ID review concentrates on the comedy directed at Darwin but doesn't recommend the film. But I've lost the link.

It is a childrens film! They really need to get lives.
cathy

Postby Dagsannr » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:02 pm

From recollection, Shaun the Sheep, in both his original incarnation in the Wrong Trousers, and his mildly amusing antics in his own show, does not have a speaking part.

The article refers to a one 'Sean' the sheep, who I imagine is not related to Aardman Animations, nor any of its affiliates. Perhaps someone should point this out to them?
There are 2 types of people in the world:

Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data.
Dagsannr

Postby Brian Jordan » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:11 pm

Natman wrote:The article refers to a one 'Sean' the sheep, who I imagine is not related to Aardman Animations, nor any of its affiliates. Perhaps someone should point this out to them?
My bad - nothing to do with Aardman, thank goodness. I just assumed spelling it Sean was a US version or a pedant. In fact it's a South African blog and the comments show that the ovine in question is one of the posters there - though I can't find the article.
Still, ID is still for the sheep!
"PPSIMMONS is an amorphous mass of stupid" - Rationalwiki
Brian Jordan
Forum Admin

Return to News and Links