Diagnosing the Republican Brain

Current News and Links of interest

Moderator: News Editors

Diagnosing the Republican Brain

Postby ukantic » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:47 am

Chris Mooney is a contributing editor to Science Progress, where he writes The Intersection blog, and the host of the Point of Inquiry podcast. He is the author of four books, including The Republican War on Science and the forthcoming The Republican Brain:

Fact: Conservatives deny science and facts. But there's a reality check that liberals need too.
We all know that many American conservatives have issues with Charles Darwin, and the theory of evolution. But Albert Einstein, and the theory of relativity?

If you're surprised, allow me to introduce Conservapedia, the right-wing answer to Wikipedia and ground zero for all that is scientifically and factually inaccurate, for political reasons, on the Internet...

http://motherjones.com/politics/2012/03 ... ial?page=1
ukantic

Re: Diagnosing the Republican Brain

Postby Roger Stanyard » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:14 am

ukantic wrote:
Chris Mooney is a contributing editor to Science Progress, where he writes The Intersection blog, and the host of the Point of Inquiry podcast. He is the author of four books, including The Republican War on Science and the forthcoming The Republican Brain:

Fact: Conservatives deny science and facts. But there's a reality check that liberals need too.
We all know that many American conservatives have issues with Charles Darwin, and the theory of evolution. But Albert Einstein, and the theory of relativity?

If you're surprised, allow me to introduce Conservapedia, the right-wing answer to Wikipedia and ground zero for all that is scientifically and factually inaccurate, for political reasons, on the Internet...

Chris's new book, the Republican Brain, is due out this month. I look forward to reading it and see what he has to say.

http://motherjones.com/politics/2012/03 ... ial?page=1
Those who believe absurdities will commit atrocities - Voltaire
Roger Stanyard
Forum Admin

Postby Michael » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:49 pm

Two things

I did not know republicans had brains

Do you remeber spitting Image looking for Reagan's brain. He may have lost it, but at least he had a brain- of sorts
Michael

Postby Roger Stanyard » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:14 pm

Michael wrote:Two things

I did not know republicans had brains

Do you remeber spitting Image looking for Reagan's brain. He may have lost it, but at least he had a brain- of sorts

Well Carl Rove was Chimpie's brain. So there is something amongst edumacated GOPers.
Those who believe absurdities will commit atrocities - Voltaire
Roger Stanyard
Forum Admin

Return to News and Links