ID in schools proposed on Guardian CIF

Current News and Links of interest

Moderator: News Editors

ID in schools proposed on Guardian CIF

Postby Brian Jordan » Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:12 pm

This would pop up when my computer and I were out of action. Still, the proposer got an immediate pasting and my blood pressure was saved from reaching crisis point. With 493 comments, I'll leave well alone except to express horror that the man proposing it claims to be a former science teacher and - worse - inspector. It makes it easier to believe that there are moles about, I fear.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree ... ign-school
"PPSIMMONS is an amorphous mass of stupid" - Rationalwiki
Brian Jordan
Forum Admin

Postby ukantic » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:32 pm

I've just added this:

It's hard to know where to start with an article as cretinous as this. I would like to give Alistair Noble the benefit of the doubt and say that he must simply have been in a coma since the trial at Dover half a decade ago. Then as the rest of us will clearly remember, the intelligent design movement ended up with it's already dubious reputation completely shredded.

The trial clearly established, beyond any shadow of what ever little doubt remained, that the proponents of the intelligent design movement were motivated by the their religious beliefs – beliefs that they were trying to conceal. The judge even went so far as to call it a canard, he couldn't have made it anymore blindingly obvious if he had tried!

What is more, the, “science” behind intelligent design was examined in detail under oath. Again and again it was shown to be either false or without merit. One of the movements leading proponents was even made a laughing stock when he was forced to admit that under his definition, astrology would be counted as science!

I could go on, but what's the use. I tell you what Alistair, next week I will do the column whilst your editor finds you a nice little home where you can spend your days watching soaps and drinking tea along with the rest of the geriatrics.

Better still, we will find you a job at the Daily Mail alongside Melanie Phillips. Her articles on intelligent design are rubbish as well – but at least she doesn't pretend to know anything about science.
ukantic

Postby ukantic » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:51 pm

Bit over the top maybe. Why does it have to be this way. This fighting between creationists and evolutionists, the hatred, the animosity: the spitting in shoes, and ...
ukantic

Postby Brian Jordan » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:12 am

ukantic wrote:Bit over the top maybe. Why does it have to be this way. This fighting between creationists and evolutionists, the hatred, the animosity: the spitting in shoes, and ...
:twisted:
And that was 2005. No sign of improvement - better buy some new wellies :(
"PPSIMMONS is an amorphous mass of stupid" - Rationalwiki
Brian Jordan
Forum Admin

Return to News and Links