Zombie Jamboree in Texas

Current News and Links of interest

Moderator: News Editors

Zombie Jamboree in Texas

Postby Peter Henderson » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:14 pm

On cue for Halloween:

http://www.beaconbroadside.com/broadsid ... boree.html

When the distinguished philosopher Philip Kitcher recently addressed the creationist movement in his Living With Darwin, he judiciously assessed creationism in its latest incarnation as historically respectable but currently bankrupt, and proposed to describe it as "dead" science. "In light of its shambling tenacity," I replied, "'zombie science' is perhaps a preferable label."
Peter Henderson

Postby psiloiordinary » Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:57 am

Welcome back Peter.
psiloiordinary

Re: Zombie Jamboree in Texas

Postby Roger Stanyard » Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:18 pm

Peter Henderson wrote:On cue for Halloween:

http://www.beaconbroadside.com/broadsid ... boree.html

When the distinguished philosopher Philip Kitcher recently addressed the creationist movement in his Living With Darwin, he judiciously assessed creationism in its latest incarnation as historically respectable but currently bankrupt, and proposed to describe it as "dead" science. "In light of its shambling tenacity," I replied, "'zombie science' is perhaps a preferable label."

Entertaining Peter! Hope you have no more problems accessing BCSE.
Roger Stanyard
Forum Admin

Postby Peter Henderson » Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:13 pm

Welcome back Peter.

Hope you have no more problems accessing BCSE

Thanks Roger, Mark.

To all intents and purposes it appeared at this end as if the BCSE had closed down and that the website was infact dead (as our friend has so often predicted). After a very friendly phoncall from Brian ( he had speculated that the DUP might be involved :wink: ), I was assured that this wasn't the case and that it was only me that was affected. Certainly a very strange phenominen. For some odd reason the problem resolved itself yesterday (I wonder if Halloween had anything to do with it ?). Hopefully things are now back to normal.

By the way Roger, have you changed your e-mail address ? I did try to send you several messages but since I didn't receive any reply I assumed they didn't get through.
Peter Henderson

Postby psiloiordinary » Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:46 pm

Likewise here Roger.

How is it best to contact you?

Mark
psiloiordinary

Return to News and Links