New measures against extremist teaching (England)

Current News and Links of interest

Moderator: News Editors

New measures against extremist teaching (England)

Postby a_haworthroberts » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:46 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-34464137
The plans concern possible extremist teaching in religious SUPPLEMENTARY education, primarily in Muslim madrassas. Home education (which for a few kids even in the UK can REPLACE rather than merely supplement school education) is unlikely to be included - presumably because it would be difficult or controversial to inspect home education - along with Christian Sunday schools or Jewish jeshivas. (This is not about public sector faith schools or free schools or private Christian etc schools other than 'schools' providing supplementry education.) No specific mention of the issue of creationist science teaching as far as I can make out, even though creationists including Muslim ones are jolly intolerant of the scientific consensus - but I imagine that the supplementary teaching they have in mind is mainly about how some religiously affiliated teachers eg Muslim teachers think that young Muslims should behave or think and that curriculum subjects such as science are seldom covered.
a_haworthroberts

Re: New measures against extremist teaching (England)

Postby Brian Jordan » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:50 am

It would only apply if the creationists were teaching for over 8 hours a week. I'm sure they could indoctrinate the children in a far shorter time than that. Proportionately to their beliefs. it should take them only a matter of seconds.
"PPSIMMONS is an amorphous mass of stupid" - Rationalwiki
Brian Jordan
Forum Admin

Return to News and Links