Sheer lunacy - literally so

Current News and Links of interest

Moderator: News Editors

Sheer lunacy - literally so

Postby Brian Jordan » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:06 am

since this idiot is advocating astrology (or has he, like the Metro reporter I cited a couple of posts ago, confused it with astronomy?) on the NHS.
A Tory MP has claimed NHS over-crowding could be solved by doctors using astrology to treat patients.

David Tredinnick said consulting the stars would "take huge pressure off doctors" and predicts astrology will "have a role to play in healthcare."

The MP for Bosworth in Leicestershire also admitted he had prepared astrological charts for fellow MPs.

In an interview with this month's Astrological Journal, the controversial MP said: "There would be a huge row over resources.

"However, I do believe that astrology and complementary medicine would help take the huge pressure off doctors.

"Ninety per cent of pregnant French women use homeopathy.

"Astrology is a useful diagnostic tool enabling us to see strengths and weaknesses via the birth chart.

"And, yes, I have helped fellow MPs. I do foresee that one day astrology will have a role to play in healthcare."
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/nhs/11432344/Astrology-could-solve-crisis-in-the-NHS-says-Tory-MP.html

I think I've mentioned his inappropriate membership of parliamentary committees before, but here goes:
Committee membership

Tredinnick was the Chair of the Joint Committee on Statutory Instruments from 1997 to 2005,[5] which also made him a member of the Liaison Committee, and he became a Member of the Health Select Committee in 2010.[5]
In January 2013 he was co-opted into the Science and Technology Select Committee[6][7] after Caroline Dinenage stepped down and there were no other nominations from the Conservative party.[8]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Tredinnick_%28politician%29
"PPSIMMONS is an amorphous mass of stupid" - Rationalwiki
Brian Jordan
Forum Admin

Return to News and Links