Woman brands Ken Ham a liar...

Current News and Links of interest

Moderator: News Editors

Woman brands Ken Ham a liar...

Postby Brian Jordan » Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:50 pm

...by implication, at any rate, since she says that dinosaurs don't exist and are just lies.
This lunatic woman has raised a storm on Mumsnet by demanding that mention of dinosaurs be banned from schools.
Christian group claims dinosaurs are a lie, wants them extinct from schools
A parent, who's part of a group that believes dinosaurs are one big lie, is getting international attention after making an angry post on a parenting site.

The writer starts the rant with, "I am getting sick and tired of dinosaurs being forced on our children."

The page long diatribe against dinosaurs on the popular parenting site mumsnet.com quickly set off a flurry of mockery and went viral, the Mirror reports.

The writer thinks the scientific evidence for dinosaurs is scant and also claims they set a bad example for children. The writer illustrates the point with an anecdote:

"At my children's school, several children were left in tears after one of their classmates (who had evidently been exposed to dinosaurs) became bestially-minded and ran around the classroom roaring and pretending to be a dinosaur. Then he bit three children on the face."

The writer even opposes toy dinosaurs:

"Recently my sister foolishly gave my two youngest some dinosaur toys for Christmas. After telling her to get out of my house, I burnt the dinosaurs. My children were delighted because they know that dinosaurs are evil. I am fortunate that my family has been very supportive, and has disowned my children's former aunt.

The writer is part of a Facebook group called "Christians Against Dinosaurs" which has nearly 4,000 members. While its unclear if the group is satirical or serious, they do claim to be working to remove dinosaurs from school curriculums.
http://abc13.com/society/are-dinosaurs-a-65-million-year-old-lie/514514/
"PPSIMMONS is an amorphous mass of stupid" - Rationalwiki
Brian Jordan
Forum Admin

Re: Woman brands Ken Ham a liar...

Postby cathy » Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:49 pm

Aww I'm a mumsnet member but don't bother much. I'm really sorry I missed that gem cos the responses are funny.
cathy

Postby Brian Jordan » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:03 pm

It's been suggested on the Freethinker blog that it's a Poe. If so, well done that mum!
"PPSIMMONS is an amorphous mass of stupid" - Rationalwiki
Brian Jordan
Forum Admin

Postby jon_12091 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:15 pm

Haven't watched the youtube video yet, but the text seems just a little too coherent and content just a little to unbeliable in my mind to be real. Browsing the internet last media opinion seemed to spilt 50:50 real, not real and 'crazy is hawt'. A cruised past a creationist site, but no mention, as yet. If its a Poe they've put some effort in creating a 'legend' and created a serious saterical send-up of evidence-free, hysteria-driven, ideologically motivated pressure-campaigns. However, I have niggling supscicion it could be real!
'If I can shoot rabbits then I can shoot fascists'
Miners against fascism.
Hywel Francis
jon_12091

Return to News and Links