Some creationist humour about evil atheists

Current News and Links of interest

Moderator: News Editors

Some creationist humour about evil atheists

Postby a_haworthroberts » Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:55 pm

This is being hawked on at least one YEC/Christian fundamentalist/anti-atheist facebook page ('Atheism on the Slide'):

http://bbc.com.sundaytimesdaily.com/pro ... 22/r/63390
bbc.com.sundaytimesdaily.com/prominent-atheists-admit,-"we-do-not-understand-logic"/r/63390
If you click on the first link you are taken to this statement: "Don't worry, you are not the only one. 26 people already fell for this. If you liked the joke, you can share it and trick your friends. Also you can create a joke of your own clicking the button below!" Trust me.

Well - unlike possibly some of the hardline US Christians who were probably the main target audience - I actually did not 'fall' for anything. I was a bit suspicious but I still clicked on the link to see what they were on about. After seeing the comments that follow below:
"Big news upsetting the atheist community, shows what the rest of us knew all along.
http://bbc.com.sundaytimesdaily.com/pro ... 22/r/63390"
which were followed by a very large BBC News logo and then the statement
"A startling press release by a group of atheists including Richard Dawkins, David Silverman, Bill Nye, Sam Harris and others has atheist organizations and bloggers reeling":
See https://www.facebook.com/pages/Atheism- ... 1873982784

They are rolling on the floor laughing apparently. It's so hilarious posting a link supposedly making your opponents 'say' what you think they SHOULD say but they absolutely do not say. In this case that atheists 'admit' to not understanding logic. And then shouting 'April Fool!' if you click on the link out of curiosity.

I must get on with that cartoon depicting Ken Ham saying "I'm so anti-science that I don't even know it".
Last edited by a_haworthroberts on Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:06 pm, edited 6 times in total.
a_haworthroberts

Re: Some creationist humour about evil atheists

Postby a_haworthroberts » Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:57 pm

PS The 'Sunday Times Daily' link does not seem to work properly here. But it did when clicked on from 'Atheism on the Slide'.
a_haworthroberts

Re: Some creationist humour about evil atheists

Postby cathy » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:52 pm

Ashley doesn't that joke break the trades description act that says jokes are funny.

Anyway it's 54 tricked has a long way to go to reach the five and a half million that seemed to have clicked on the England to have chance after ref accused of match fixing or Suarez fails drugs test two million plus that are underneath. :)
cathy

Re:

Postby a_haworthroberts » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:22 am

cathy wrote:Ashley doesn't that joke break the trades description act that says jokes are funny.

Anyway it's 54 tricked has a long way to go to reach the five and a half million that seemed to have clicked on the England to have chance after ref accused of match fixing or Suarez fails drugs test two million plus that are underneath. :)

I would have clicked on those (out of curiosity)!
a_haworthroberts

Return to News and Links