Dominic Grieve criticises fundamentalists

Current News and Links of interest

Moderator: News Editors

Dominic Grieve criticises fundamentalists

Postby a_haworthroberts » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:19 am

Including Christian fundamentalists in the list as well as Muslim fundamentalists (cue a speech by Tony Blair regarding the latter: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 75601.html).
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religio ... anity.html
It looks as though the Telegraph have decided not to open up the article on the Dominic Grieve comments to comments from readers (though a separate article by a blogger has elicited literally a thousand odd comments from the public - if you understand my meaning)!
a_haworthroberts

Re: Dominic Grieve criticises fundamentalists

Postby Brian Jordan » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:23 am

You beat me to it, Ashley. I was going to title the subject "Attorney General echoes forum members views!" - his comment below just echoes what has been said here about the nutters turning people away from religion.
However, he warned people are being discouraged from openly declaring their beliefs because of the “deep intolerance” of religious extremists of all faiths, including Islam and Christianity.
He told The Telegraph: “I do think that there has been a rise of an assertiveness of religious groups across the spectrum. That is why those with softer religious views find it disturbing and say they don’t want anything to do with it.”
"PPSIMMONS is an amorphous mass of stupid" - Rationalwiki
Brian Jordan
Forum Admin

Re: Dominic Grieve criticises fundamentalists

Postby a_haworthroberts » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:09 pm

Personally I'm a little saddened that moderate Christians who have added so much to this site over recent years seldom seem to post on here these days. I hope they are all OK.

Unless it has come up within online comments on those newspaper websites that are allowing comments on the Grieve remarks (I understand him to be a Christian believer himself), creationism has not come up yet within the discussion about fundamentalism.
a_haworthroberts

Return to News and Links