Voluntary aided Jewish school redacted ...

Current News and Links of interest

Moderator: News Editors

Re:

Postby a_haworthroberts » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:28 pm

Speaks for itself: http://paulbraterman.wordpress.com/2014 ... ensorship/

However, I have SEVERE reservations about the more recent blog post dated 1 April :)
a_haworthroberts

Re: Re:

Postby Brian Jordan » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:14 pm

a_haworthroberts wrote:Speaks for itself: http://paulbraterman.wordpress.com/2014 ... ensorship/

However, I have SEVERE reservations about the more recent blog post dated 1 April :)
Indeed. How could such creatures be considered nutritious when they lived at a time when seven kinds of edible fruit and vegetables (ten according to the Telegraph) may not even have existed?

Oh dear... maybe that seven portions thing was an April Fool's joke too - I'm told that the BBC reports they must be neither tinned nor frozen, which sounds dubious.
Anyway, I'm buying shares in Andrex in case it catches on. :evil:
"PPSIMMONS is an amorphous mass of stupid" - Rationalwiki
Brian Jordan
Forum Admin

Re: Voluntary aided Jewish school redacted ...

Postby cathy » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:29 pm

Looks like the Jewish schools guilty of redacted exam papers are not happy. And are threatening to leave the state sector!
www.tes.co.uk/article.aspx?storycode=6425418

Lots of burning martyrdom in the article, with the 'threat' of leaving the state sector. Yes that is right if forced to teach properly, not open exams before they are handed to pupils (or cheating as we would call it here in the evolutionary state sector) and forced to actually do what the STATE PAYS them to do they will withdraw into the private sector.
Exam regulator Ofqual imposed the ban on redacting questions last month after it emerged that a Jewish state school in London had blacked out parts of GCSE science papers. State primary schools in England have been informed that the teaching of evolution will be compulsory from September under the new national curriculum.

The National Association of Orthodox Jewish Schools (Najos), which represents 20 of 43 state-funded Jewish schools, claimed that the changes posed a threat to its institutions. Two-thirds of its state school members are primaries.

“We fear the day that the high-performing orthodox Jewish schools will have to withdraw from the state-maintained sector, in order to safeguard the wishes of parents to protect their children from exposure to subjects that run counter to core religious beliefs,” said Najos executive director Jonathan Rabson. “Young children can be confused when they are taught things that are different to what they learn at home.”

Seems like they've not heard the saying he who pays the piper calls the tune. The state pays them to teach properly if they can't then tough titty.
cathy

Postby Brian Jordan » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:46 pm

Should save us a bob or two. At least Sylv's lot pay their own way - for now, anyway.
Brian Jordan
Forum Admin

Postby a_haworthroberts » Thu May 01, 2014 4:39 pm

I have also received a further, full, response from Jim Dowd MP (for which I'm grateful), enclosing a very detailed response to him from Elizabeth Truss MP the Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Education and Childcare.

Her letter flags THIS letter:
file:///C:/Users/ashley/Downloads/2014-03-31-RO19-redaction-of-assessment-materials.pdf
(PS The letter can be downloaded from this link:
http://ofqual.gov.uk/documents/regulato ... -versions/)

She adds that the Department for Education has received assurances from Yesodey Hatorah School that it will fulfill its duty to deliver the National Curriculum and teach new programmes of study in full from September 2014.

In response to other points in the letter I sent (I used the standard letter suggested), the Minister flags this consultation:
https://www.gov.uk/government/consultat ... ority-role

The letter also makes the point that whilst creationism has no place in any science curriculum, the Council for Learning Outside the Classroom (which I believe awarded a Learning Outside the Classroom Quality Badge to Noah's Ark Zoo Farm) is entirely independent of Government.
a_haworthroberts

Postby Brian Jordan » Thu May 01, 2014 6:04 pm

a_haworthroberts wrote:The letter also makes the point that whilst creationism has no place in any science curriculum, the Council for Learning Outside the Classroom (which I believe awarded a Learning Outside the Classroom Quality Badge to Noah's Ark Zoo Farm) is entirely independent of Government.
IIRC it's only this past year or so that it's had its government money stopped. Probably as an economy measure rather than due to disapproval. It's been approving the zoo park for some years now.
Brian Jordan
Forum Admin

Previous

Return to News and Links