Ham's new annexe: dinosaurs on Mars

Current News and Links of interest

Moderator: News Editors

Re: Ham's new annexe: dinosaurs on Mars

Postby Brian Jordan » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:58 pm

Well, they tell us most of what I wondered about Wainright and Wickramsinge. They are, however, completely devoid of a sense of irony.
Commenting on the scientific credibility of the journal, Answers in Genesis astronomer Dr. Danny Faulkner says:

I’m not very excited about this reported finding, and I expect the rest of the scientific community will have a similar reaction. The Journal of Cosmology is of recent origin (it started in 2009), and it doesn’t have much credibility among scientists. Many accuse the journal as being a mouthpiece for panspermia. The fact that this article was published there would seem to confirm that belief.

This non-mainstream journal is largely based on the presupposition that life evolved in many places in space and reached earth on rocks and dust from space.5 This contention plainly conflicts with the biblical account (in Genesis chapters 1–2, Exodus 20:11, and Colossians 1:15–18, for instance), which declares that God created the earth, all life in it, and all the universe in the six days of Creation Week. The Creation account provided by our Creator does not allow room for either molecules-to-man evolution or panspermia.
Pot kettle black. Again.
"PPSIMMONS is an amorphous mass of stupid" - Rationalwiki
Brian Jordan
Forum Admin

Re: Ham's new annexe: dinosaurs on Mars

Postby Brian Jordan » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:34 pm

Two poor media articles here - who do they find to write them? Or rather, why can't they find anyone better to write them? The one from the Independent is the worse:
As they hit the earth's atmosphere, the comets melt - ablate, to give it a technical term - releasing the organisms as they break down
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/the-truth-is-out-there-british-scientists-claim-to-have-found-proof-of-alien-life-8826690.html
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-news/10321227/Alien-life-found-living-in-Earths-atmosphere-claims-scientist.html
Both have a dig at the Journal of Cosmology, which may be another matter. I've no idea whether it has a poor or controversial reputation or is just regularly smeared by creationists.
"PPSIMMONS is an amorphous mass of stupid" - Rationalwiki
Brian Jordan
Forum Admin

Previous

Return to News and Links