New creationist school opens!

Current News and Links of interest

Moderator: News Editors

New creationist school opens!

Postby Brian Jordan » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:02 pm

Creationist school appears out of nowhere

Scientists are said to be ‘baffled’ after a school teaching Creationism suddenly appeared overnight in a Hampshire field complete with a full retinue of teachers and pupils.

St Usshers Junior Mixed Infants is being heralded as the world’s first truly Creationist school, miraculously emerging out of the dust in what is believed to be the first recorded example of educational genesis.

‘I was as surprised as anyone to find myself here,’ said newly created headmaster, Dr William Jennings Bryan. ‘We haven’t seen anything quite like this since the beginning of the Earth in 4004 BC.’

Dr Bryan ran through the St Usshers curriculum. ‘Today the kids have Intelligent Design and Technology in which they have to devise and build their own ark. Then, this afternoon, it’s double pseudoscience followed by flat earth geography.’

http://www.newsbiscuit.com/2011/06/27/c ... f-nowhere/
I wonder if Hampshire was Chosen deliberately?
"PPSIMMONS is an amorphous mass of stupid" - Rationalwiki
Brian Jordan
Forum Admin

Re: New creationist school opens!

Postby Roger Stanyard » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:26 pm

Brian Jordan wrote:
Creationist school appears out of nowhere

Scientists are said to be ‘baffled’ after a school teaching Creationism suddenly appeared overnight in a Hampshire field complete with a full retinue of teachers and pupils.

St Usshers Junior Mixed Infants is being heralded as the world’s first truly Creationist school, miraculously emerging out of the dust in what is believed to be the first recorded example of educational genesis.

‘I was as surprised as anyone to find myself here,’ said newly created headmaster, Dr William Jennings Bryan. ‘We haven’t seen anything quite like this since the beginning of the Earth in 4004 BC.’

Dr Bryan ran through the St Usshers curriculum. ‘Today the kids have Intelligent Design and Technology in which they have to devise and build their own ark. Then, this afternoon, it’s double pseudoscience followed by flat earth geography.’

http://www.newsbiscuit.com/2011/06/27/c ... f-nowhere/
I wonder if Hampshire was Chosen deliberately?

Humph!

I've just become a nimbyist.

Still, the locals round here are not known as "twitchers" for nothing.
Those who believe absurdities will commit atrocities - Voltaire
Roger Stanyard
Forum Admin

Postby Michael » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:11 pm

Excellent but unfair on Ussher and Bryan. Ussher was an excellent scholar for his day and Bryan accepted evolution but not for humans
Michael

Postby Brian Jordan » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:56 pm

Michael wrote:Excellent but unfair on Ussher and Bryan. Ussher was an excellent scholar for his day and Bryan accepted evolution but not for humans
Well, I don't suppose the creationists are exactly doing Ussher any favours, by putting his error on a pedestal.
"PPSIMMONS is an amorphous mass of stupid" - Rationalwiki
Brian Jordan
Forum Admin

Postby Michael » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:31 pm

Brian Jordan wrote:
Michael wrote:Excellent but unfair on Ussher and Bryan. Ussher was an excellent scholar for his day and Bryan accepted evolution but not for humans
Well, I don't suppose the creationists are exactly doing Ussher any favours, by putting his error on a pedestal.

No, Ussher was not in error. He was doing the best he could in 1656 and also demonstrated the importance of chronology. Like Martin rudwick I see him as a forbear of both modern historical methods and impliictly seeing the history of this planet as history.

On could also say Kelvin, Lavoisier, Priestly and many others including Darwin made errors.
Michael

Return to News and Links