Islan and Science

Current News and Links of interest

Moderator: News Editors

Islan and Science

Postby Michael » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:11 pm

Consider this new book (£16) by a muslim scientist. I heard him give an excellent lecture in Alexandria

I am buying a copy

No Haran Yaha nonsense in this book

Michael

It gives me great pleasure to inform you of the publication of my new book “Islam's Quantum Question – Reconciling Muslim Tradition and Modern Science”, by IB Tauris (London, UK). In the UK, it has been in bookstores for about two weeks; in the US it will be available next month.

Knowing your interest in the field of Science & Religion, I thought you might like to know about the book, perhaps order a copy, and – if I’m very lucky – write a review of it somewhere. I am thus attaching for you an offer from the publisher for a discounted order. And to familiarize you with the contents of the book, I am also attaching a detailed table of contents as well as the blurbs written about the manuscript by three experts in the field (Denis Alexander, Philip Clayton, and Peter Harrison, whom I thank warmly).

If you have any queries or remarks, please do not hesitate to address them to me.

Best wishes and regards.

Nidhal Guessoum, Prof.

American University of Sharjah, UAE
Michael

Re: Islan and Science

Postby Brian Jordan » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:08 pm

Some details on Amazon here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Islams-Quantum-Question-Reconciling-Tradition/dp/1848855184/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1289581219&sr=8-1 I see he has a similar book in French from last year - is this a translation?
"PPSIMMONS is an amorphous mass of stupid" - Rationalwiki
Brian Jordan
Forum Admin

Return to News and Links