Evolution Expert Comes to State Museum

Current News and Links of interest

Moderator: News Editors

Evolution Expert Comes to State Museum

Postby Peter Henderson » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:32 pm

From the author of: "What the Fossils Say and Why It Matters", Donald Prothero:

“What kills me, when I hear people speak about creationism and intelligent design, is that those people never have any background in paleontology,” says Prothero, prolific author and editor of some 22 books and nearly 200 scientific papers. “And yet they talk about it as if they do know, but it’s the equivalent of getting medical advice from an auto mechanic. I have no problem calling liars liars; I’ve been in this field for 30 years.

“They just haven’t done the work [and don’t] understand the fossil record. This is a field that is constantly changing with new discoveries; just recently here we found the fossil of a prehistoric turtle with only a bottom shell and teeth, what we call a ‘transitional’ fossil that marks the changes between evolutionary stages. These discoveries happen, but they happen in the scientific media and journals, which not everyone reads, and generally aren’t followed up on.”

“I’ve battled creationists for 35 years now, and I’ve studied the Bible in both Greek and Hebrew, which is more than many creationists can say. So, I already know most of their arguments better than they do.”

http://www.free-times.com/index.php?cat ... 1093533402

[
Peter Henderson

Re: Evolution Expert Comes to State Museum

Postby Roger Stanyard » Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:35 pm

Peter Henderson wrote:From the author of: "What the Fossils Say and Why It Matters", Donald Prothero:

“What kills me, when I hear people speak about creationism and intelligent design, is that those people never have any background in paleontology,

http://www.free-times.com/index.php?cat ... 1093533402

[

Strange, isn't it, that so few creationists have any background in any scientific discipline but all claim to be experts in showing evolution is wrong.
Roger Stanyard
Forum Admin

Postby Thomas Winwood » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:36 am

Especially when so many of their arguments get so frequently reused they can be filed into a sort of Dewey Dogma Decimal System.
Thomas Winwood

Return to News and Links