Moderator: News Editors

Death knell for young earth creationism

Postby a_haworthroberts » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:24 am

An alien asteroid named Oumuamua.
a_haworthroberts

Re: Death knell for young earth creationism

Postby a_haworthroberts » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:15 pm

https://answersingenesis.org/astronomy/ ... -asteroid/
"Does this mean that the discovery of 1I ‘Oumuamua proves the evolutionary paradigm?" It DISPROVES young earth creationism - which strongly suggests that the 'evolutionary paradigm' is correct. It is IMPOSSIBLE that this asteroid could have travelled from the orbit of another star to less than one astronomical unit from our sun - which is what the 'evolutionary paradigm' says happened - in 6,000 years or less. IMPOSSIBLE. I did the maths.
"... the discovery of 1I ‘Oumuamua is consistent with what we know about creation". It may be consistent with 'creation' but it TOTALLY falsifies young earth creationism.

Even if the solar system is also travelling through space at an average speed of 515,000 mph and 'scooped up' a (slower moving) asteroid that was not heading directly in our direction.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style ... 66656.html
"Moving at 95,000 kilometres per hour (59,030 mph), Oumuamua was at first thought to have travelled from the bright star Vega, 25 light years away in the northern constellation of Lyra.
But Vega was not even close to its present position 300,000 years ago, when its journey would have started."
"Dr Karen Meech, from the Institute for Astronomy in Hawaii, said: "Oumuamua may well have been wandering through the Milky Way, unattached to any star system, for hundreds of millions of years before its chance encounter with the solar system.""

Young earth creationism destroyed by an alien asteroid. Who would have imagined that?

Of course the delusional YECs will probably continue to deny that it's checkmate.
a_haworthroberts

Postby a_haworthroberts » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:40 pm

But of course most young earth creationists are angry bigoted fools who are in denial of reality:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=3153&p=51769#p51769 (new posts at 22.18, 22.42 and 23.27 pm)

His equally angry sidekick Curtis Long recently told The Question Evolution Project Debunked that Sorensen has "defeated you and that other jeering monkey Hitler-Robbers many times over". This is how the cowardly fraud Sorensen defeats me. By calling me a 'tinhorn' and then REFUSING to answer my questions and then - repeat repeat repeat ...
a_haworthroberts

Postby a_haworthroberts » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:55 pm

Hmm. Hardline YEC and former NASA employee David Coppedge appears to be studiously avoiding the subject of inter-stellar asteroid Oumuamua ...
https://crev.info/
a_haworthroberts

Postby a_haworthroberts » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:26 pm

https://www.facebook.com/AiG.UKE/
"What is the significance of the discovery of the first interstellar asteroid?"

That our solar system (and the one where this asteroid first existed) cannot be just 6,000 years old.
a_haworthroberts

Postby a_haworthroberts » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:10 pm

New post here just now. Sorensen fans - can YOU answer the question Sorensen REFUSES to answer?
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=3153&p=51786#p51786
a_haworthroberts

Return to News and Links