Complex design

This forum is for the discussion of the evidence for evolution. Anyone is welcome to post, however, scripture is not allowed. As the title says, Science Only please!

Moderator: Moderators

Complex design

Postby Anonymous » Sat May 12, 2007 8:56 am

PNAS Online Early Edition Contents Alert The following articles are published online before print in PNAS Early Edition for 8 May 2007 to 9 May 2007.
COLLOQUIUM The frailty of adaptive hypotheses for the origins of organismal complexity Michael Lynch
An experimental test of evolutionary trade-offs during temperature adaptation Albert F. Bennett and Richard E. Lenski
In the light of evolution I: Adaptation and complex design John C. Avise and Francisco J. Ayala
Two routes to functional adaptation: Tibetan and Andean high-altitude natives Cynthia M. Beall
Functional information and the emergence of biocomplexity Robert M. Hazen, Patrick L. Griffin, James M. Carothers, and Jack W. Szostak
Biological design in science classrooms Eugenie C. Scott and Nicholas J. Matzke
Evolution of individuality during the transition from unicellular to multicellular life Richard E. Michod
Adaptive evolution of color vision as seen through the eyes of butterflies Francesca D. Frentiu, Gary D. Bernard, Cristina I. Cuevas, Marilou P. Sison-Mangus, Kathleen L. Prudic, and Adriana D. Briscoe
Insect societies as divided organisms: The complexities of purpose and cross-purpose Joan E. Strassmann and David C. Queller
On the origin and evolutionary diversification of beetle horns Douglas J. Emlen, Laura Corley Lavine, and Ben Ewen-Campen
Darwin's greatest discovery: Design without designer Francisco J. Ayala
Between "design" and "bricolage": Genetic networks, levels of selection, and adaptive evolution Adam S. Wilkins
The theory of facilitated variation John Gerhart and Marc Kirschner
Plant domestication, a unique opportunity to identify the genetic basis of adaptation Jeffrey Ross-Ibarra, Peter L. Morrell, and Brandon S. Gaut
Emerging principles of regulatory evolution Benjamin Prud'homme, Nicolas Gompel, and Sean B. Carroll
Symbiosis as an adaptive process and source of phenotypic complexity Nancy A. Moran
_uacct = "UA-677185-1"; urchinTracker();
Anonymous

Postby Chris Hyland » Fri May 18, 2007 10:04 am

I'm slowly working my way through these. Anyone who says 'evolution os only natural selection' should be sent a link to the Michael Lynch paper.
Chris Hyland

Return to Science Only