You think there are no religious beliefs in science...

This forum is for the discussion of the evidence for evolution. Anyone is welcome to post, however, scripture is not allowed. As the title says, Science Only please!

Moderator: Moderators

You think there are no religious beliefs in science...

Postby CHartsil » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:31 pm

Try bringing up the racial intelligence gap

You're automatically Hitler.
CHartsil

Re: You think there are no religious beliefs in science...

Postby Brian Jordan » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:38 pm

That would be an e/c/u/m/e/n/i/c/a/l/ political matter, I fancy.
Not to mention semantic, since you first have to define "race" and "intelligence".
As a matter of interest, has there been any quasi-religious uproar, in scientific circles, about the following recent - and related - claim?
The new study, from the University of Edinburgh, highlights the contribution of rare genetic variants which appear to have a disproportionate impact on intelligence.

Scientists examined thousands of genetic markers in the DNA of 20,000 people looking for signals associated with IQ.

They found that the combined effect of rare and common genetic variants explained at least half of the difference in intelligence between individuals.

This matched estimates from earlier twin and family studies that had been suspected to be overestimates, as previous molecular studies of the human genome concluded around 30 per cent.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-5303213/Rare-genes-big-impact-intelligence-study-finds.html#ixzz55Jw2qkSO
Sorry I haven't had time to see whether there's a more authoritative account of the research available.
PS: Your post does seem to have generated a rather large number of views!
"PPSIMMONS is an amorphous mass of stupid" - Rationalwiki
Brian Jordan
Forum Admin

Return to Science Only