Debating scriptures with non-believers

Many Christians do not believe that Scripture supports the Young Earth Creationist position. This moderated forum is for good natured scholarly debate.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Debating scriptures with non-believers

Postby MrDunday » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:12 am

Roger Stanyard wrote:
MrDunday wrote:Most of the people that have died from Adam to us, will be resurrected to the earth. Once you die you have paid the price of sin. ( imperfection) So most that have died will get a resurrection.There are some exceptions. One of these is Christian Clergy. The bible says they will not. The reason is that they should have been teaching God commands but they made up their own ideas, and are hypocritical, so those one do not get a resurrection. They are accountable for the bad name they have given God. There are some others also.
All of this, is about freedom to choose.

Well, obviously you don't like Catholics or any other denomination that has pastors or clerics.

Good grief, you really are an intollerant prick.

The clergy are evil, the scientists don't know what they are talking about, the public are all dupes and the politicians in bed with prostitutes.

So now we've established you are a Muslim, why didn't you have the honesty to say so in the first place?

I am not a Muslim. Interesting though is they believe Jesus was a prophet. But they conciser Mohamed, as a major prophet. Yet they go against everything that Jesus taught. That would mean that God didn't know which way to go. When actually God's direction has remained the same.
This has nothing to do with me. All I am saying is what the bible really says.
There are a supposed 40,000 denominations of Christian churches. All with their own ideas.
I don't target any of them. I just say what the bible says, you and others can decide for yourselves.
As Satan is the ruler of this world that means the leading or major institutions, will be following him. Many say this is the information age, but I like to call it the misinformation age. Satan's only purpose is to misdirect people. The scientist are part of that, so are churches. So this has nothing to do with me. But it is about the big picture, which science is really a small part of.
MrDunday

Postby MrDunday » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:16 am

Roger Stanyard wrote:
MrDunday wrote:All of this, is about freedom to choose.

A theocracy isn't.

Actually no one is forcing you or anyone else to go with that. People go and do what they want. In some countries the government or other people will try to force you to go a certain way. But God does not do that.
He only wants the one's that want to go to him.
MrDunday

Postby cathy » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:50 am

Mr Dunday science and governments are rarely in bed together - look at global warming in the US. The republican right think it some kind of left wing plot. And even elsewhere governments are markedly reluctant to take it as seriously as it should be taken lest they upset business.

Secondly scientists are ruled by satan? Lets just look at that. Yes science has given us bad things but look at the overall picture - medicines, vaccinations, food production, technology and knowledge. Are they bad things? Is dying of starvation or disease or indeed blind ignorance about our world something God wishes for us in his hatred of science?

Thirdly creation 'scientists' are the ones consistently and deliberately misleading people like yourself. I've never found one being honest yet. If I'm to take what you say about the bible seriously than I can only conclude that creationism is the cult overtaken by satan :shock: .

Further evidence comes from the fact that creation 'scientists' are in bed (obviously not in a gay way as both would hate that :lol: )with republican politicians and indeed have some influence some politicians here. Again confirming the satan link don't you think? :shock:

You say
Satan's only purpose is to misdirect people.

The only purpose of creation 'science' and creationists and creationist websites is to misdirect people :shock: . Furthermore if you look at their wedge document you'll see a desire to control. :shock:

And you've mentioned misinformation in churches too. Creationists are desperate to get more influence in churches here. One of them - Steve Lloyd - has a special misinformation talk to persaude people to lie for jesus (but we really know who :wink: ). Again confirming the link. :shock:

You know Mr Dunday I think you may have something. You have presented a really compelling case there!

By the cold application of your logic and your knowledge of the bible I now realise that creationists are really sataniststs :shock: . In the pay of satan to take over the world by sleeping with politicians (tho not in a gay way) and spreading lies and misinformation in a way that most definitely turn folk away from Gods true path :shock: . After all how many people can remain faithful whilst listening to Ken Ham or the discovery institute.

A shocking revelation indeed Mr Dunday. Revelations will start at the creation museum. I'm scared. And so should you be! Look at what you've discovered Mr Dunday and run away from creationism as fast as your legs can carry you.
cathy

Postby Michael » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:24 am

Ignore the poe
Michael

Postby Dagsannr » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:46 am

Michael wrote:Ignore the poe

Seconded.
There are 2 types of people in the world:

Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data.
Dagsannr

Postby jon_12091 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:13 pm

Natman wrote:

Seconded.

Not Poe unless he's invented a rather detailed back story, nor do I think he is even particularly dumb - however, I am begining to think that he is unable to assimilate the arguments of others
'If I can shoot rabbits then I can shoot fascists'
Miners against fascism.
Hywel Francis
jon_12091

Postby Dagsannr » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:08 pm

jon_12091 wrote:
Natman wrote:

Seconded.

Not Poe unless he's invented a rather detailed back story, nor do I think he is even particularly dumb - however, I am begining to think that he is unable to assimilate the arguments of others

Like a particulary crap Borg?

Dagsannr

Postby MrDunday » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:03 pm

Cathy wrote:
Secondly scientists are ruled by satan? Lets just look at that. Yes science has given us bad things but look at the overall picture - medicines, vaccinations, food production, technology and knowledge. Are they bad things? Is dying of starvation or disease or indeed blind ignorance about our world something God wishes for us in his hatred of science?

I am not denying that the scientists have done good things. They certainty have given us at a lot knowledge and incite to life and how it works. There is nothing wrong with being a scientists.
It is just when it comes to the origins and 'evolution' they do not use the scientists creed of prove first then tell us. They have also blinded themselves by not even looking for ID.
But the bottom line is that , the scientist have given man the ability to ruin the earth, and himself. They have given us nuclear bombs, poison gas and chemicals. I can now have garbage that last a thousand years.
People still die from starvation. All the people alive today could fit in the state of Texas. So food is not the problem, it is greed and distribution. And scientific advances cost money.
Actually I would have liked to be a scientists. But my writings skills, are not that good. Also I would have had to say nothing until I was an established scientists.
Anyway, I can talk to any scientists, and their 'evidence' can not prove me wrong.So they have no advantage over me. And they have no control of me. So they can't ruin my career or send me to the scientific Siberia.
MrDunday

Postby MrDunday » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:12 pm

jon wrote:

Seconded.

I have test this all out many times. So it is not that I can't assimilate the arguments of others. It is that the arguments are not back with the science. They are based on assumptions and not real science. And they have blinded themselves.
But the scientists I think also have maybe found the order in which God created things, that is no small matter. So I am not against the scientists, is the ideas about life and the variety, that don't make sense.

But I see that many do not want to hear more.
So I will just leave.
Thanks for the conversation, it was only done to open some peoples eyes and not take things blindly.
MrDunday

Postby jon_12091 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:03 pm

My eyes are open and unhampered by 'glasses' of any variety, thank you.
'If I can shoot rabbits then I can shoot fascists'
Miners against fascism.
Hywel Francis
jon_12091

Postby Dagsannr » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:02 pm

MrDunday wrote:Thanks for the conversation, it was only done to open some peoples eyes and not take things blindly.

Says the man who follows biblical interpretation blindly whilst ignoring the science that contradicts it.

Dagsannr

Postby Brian Jordan » Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:50 pm

Are you folks gluttons for punishment? I'm locking this thread now.
"PPSIMMONS is an amorphous mass of stupid" - Rationalwiki
Brian Jordan
Forum Admin

Previous

Return to Scripture Debate