The Adventist Origins Of Young Earth Creationism

Many Christians do not believe that Scripture supports the Young Earth Creationist position. This moderated forum is for good natured scholarly debate.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: The Adventist Origins Of Young Earth Creationism

Postby Luke Tyler » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:53 pm

Brian Jordan wrote:
Dr_GS_Hurd wrote:Mr. Garner does not seem able to reply, generally.
If he's the one who keeps trying to register using silly names from China and India, I'm afraid I keep deleting him! :D

Haha!!!

I was worried I wouldn't be allowed in because I sounded a bit too pompous when you asked me what my interest in this forum was. I'll bet some of them have said something to the extent of "trolling" for that question.
Luke Tyler

Re: The Adventist Origins Of Young Earth Creationism

Postby magnocrat » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:54 am

The all or nothing approach to the Bible seems to ignore the enormous debate about interpretation. Even if we agreed on the first chapters of Genesis the words of Jesus have endless ramifications. Now this is true of all literature and I, for one, am mighty glad it is, for as human beings it is right we express our veiws and opinions. Those who would paint the world in black and white need to open their eyes and see the multicoloured universe and rejoice in it.
Even the bounderies of science are filled with human speculation and so they should be. Its time to break free from those who would tie us down and box us up in their own small- mindedness.
magnocrat

Re:

Postby a_haworthroberts » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:34 pm

Just caught sight of this article:
http://biologos.org/blog/learning-to-say-maybe
a_haworthroberts

Previous

Return to Scripture Debate