From NCSE

Many Christians do not believe that Scripture supports the Young Earth Creationist position. This moderated forum is for good natured scholarly debate.

Moderator: Moderators

Enough?

Postby Brian Jordan » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:11 pm

I think Marc's right, this has gone on long enough here. Unless anyone objects, I propose to shift the whole lot to Scripture Debate. Then people can argue theology as long as they like and start another thread here if they really want to discuss geology and fossils.
"PPSIMMONS is an amorphous mass of stupid" - Rationalwiki
Brian Jordan
Forum Admin

Re: Enough?

Postby Roger Stanyard » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:01 pm

Brian Jordan wrote:I think Marc's right, this has gone on long enough here. Unless anyone objects, I propose to shift the whole lot to Scripture Debate. Then people can argue theology as long as they like and start another thread here if they really want to discuss geology and fossils.

Agreed!
Those who believe absurdities will commit atrocities - Voltaire
Roger Stanyard
Forum Admin

Re: From NCSE

Postby Roger Stanyard » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:08 pm

marcsurtees wrote:
Roger Stanyard wrote:
marcsurtees wrote:No, I have an all knowing all powerful God who gave me the Bible so I would be able to know Him.

God failed. Neither you or anyone else is all-knowing.

So you believe that there is a God?

A facile question if ever there was one. whatever is is you believe in when it comes to religion, take it for granted I don't. What you "believe" is a hardline ideology and I dislike all ideologies.They never stack up and always end infailure. You're idea of God is also not what I understand most Christians accept.
Those who believe absurdities will commit atrocities - Voltaire
Roger Stanyard
Forum Admin

Postby Michael » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:27 pm

Roger Stanyard wrote:[ So you believe that there is a God?

A facile question if ever there was one. whatever is is you believe in when it comes to religion, take it for granted I don't. What you "believe" is a hardline ideology and I dislike all ideologies.They never stack up and always end infailure. You're idea of God is also not what I understand most Christians accept.[/quote]

Agreed
Michael

Postby Brian Jordan » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:23 am

No objections, then, so going.
Three
Two
One
Ze...
"PPSIMMONS is an amorphous mass of stupid" - Rationalwiki
Brian Jordan
Forum Admin

Postby a_haworthroberts » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:48 pm

I believe this discussion is still open, though I think it was moved to 'Scripture Debate' and then the discussion faded.

Just wanted to flag this, re Loch Torridon. http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0106tqc The first item on today's Radio 4 'Material World' - WELL WORTH A LISTEN.
a_haworthroberts

Previous

Return to Scripture Debate