One and only post.

Many Christians do not believe that Scripture supports the Young Earth Creationist position. This moderated forum is for good natured scholarly debate.

Moderator: Moderators

One and only post.

Postby sparky88uk » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:43 am

I see on this site a lot of very wise people and I am certainly not one of them. I am however saved by God's grace, by faith alone in Christ alone.
Having said that I can only say that all you wise people who believe what your brains tell you to be true and not what God tells you, will as the Bible clearly states be made foolish.
I don't take any pleasure in that but there it is, God is the only one who knows all things and one day everyone, wise and foolish will see that God is true and every man a liar.
You can debate all you want not one iota will be proved wrong no matter how long you all fry your brains trying.
Repent, believe and be saved.
sparky88uk

Re: One and only post.

Postby Brian Jordan » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:53 am

MODNOTE:
Not really a preaching forum, but better here than free-for-all, I think.
"PPSIMMONS is an amorphous mass of stupid" - Rationalwiki
Brian Jordan
Forum Admin

Postby jon_12091 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:43 pm

Preaching, very badly, to the converted in this case.

As for believing what God tells me to be true and what my brain tells me there is no conflict. I'm guessing the aethists, agnostic and lapsed among the boards will be spectacularly & profoundly unmoved by this piece polemic religious trolling. Actually a first for this board IIRC (suprisingly)!
'If I can shoot rabbits then I can shoot fascists'
Miners against fascism.
Hywel Francis
jon_12091

Postby Roger Stanyard » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:51 pm

sparky88uk wrote:I see on this site a lot of very wise people and I am certainly not one of them. I am however saved by God's grace, by faith alone in Christ alone.
Having said that I can only say that all you wise people who believe what your brains tell you to be true and not what God tells you, will as the Bible clearly states be made foolish.
I don't take any pleasure in that but there it is, God is the only one who knows all things and one day everyone, wise and foolish will see that God is true and every man a liar.
You can debate all you want not one iota will be proved wrong no matter how long you all fry your brains trying.
Repent, believe and be saved.

Thanks for the sermon.

You seem to be living under some kind of massive misapprehension. The BCSE is a single issue organisation centred on creationism; it is open to anyone who supports its aims, irrespective of their religious opinions. We have Christians, Jews and non-believers amongst our members.

Message to others - from time to time we get various souls who think our forum or email contacts are suitable platforms to preach and save souls. They are not. If anyone wants to do that sort of thing, go elsewhere on the Internet, particularly if you want to patronise people.
Those who believe absurdities will commit atrocities - Voltaire
Roger Stanyard
Forum Admin

Postby a_haworthroberts » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:12 pm

Sparky88uk

That's very brave of you to post controversial views here.

And then very cowardly of you if you are going to then run away and refuse to deal with anything specific that might be raised in reply.

You serve (or believe you serve) an arrogant, judgmental God who doesn't like people to use their brains.
a_haworthroberts

Postby jon_12091 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:14 pm

A quick google of the usename reveals a spam-tastic internet trail across message boards, blogs, news items, etc. On the positive side I don't think he would have exactly lifted the level of the debate around here. Though it does appear he was being honest about his intentions when he said 'one and only post', which in itself is quite refreshing.....
'If I can shoot rabbits then I can shoot fascists'
Miners against fascism.
Hywel Francis
jon_12091

Return to Scripture Debate