Revelation TV

Many Christians do not believe that Scripture supports the Young Earth Creationist position. This moderated forum is for good natured scholarly debate.

Moderator: Moderators

Revelation TV

Postby Roger Stanyard » Wed May 30, 2007 11:51 am

I am looking at Revelation TV's theology at the moment and note that it has a satement of faith on its web site. It claims the following:

“That Christ is the vine and Israel is the true branch(es). The church is the wild branch that is grafted into the true vine. That God has not rejected His people Israel, but there is a remnant chosen by grace for it is written that "all Israel will be saved - Romans 11:26." That Jesus Christ, The King of Kings and the Lord of Lords, will return at His second coming to rule for 1,000 years.”

Would I be right to conclude that this is a statement of dispensationalism and Christian Zionism? It is not one I have come across before.
Roger Stanyard
Forum Admin

Re: Revelation TV

Postby Michael » Wed May 30, 2007 5:35 pm

Roger Stanyard wrote:I am looking at Revelation TV's theology at the moment and note that it has a satement of faith on its web site. It claims the following:

“That Christ is the vine and Israel is the true branch(es). The church is the wild branch that is grafted into the true vine. That God has not rejected His people Israel, but there is a remnant chosen by grace for it is written that "all Israel will be saved - Romans 11:26." That Jesus Christ, The King of Kings and the Lord of Lords, will return at His second coming to rule for 1,000 years.”

Would I be right to conclude that this is a statement of dispensationalism and Christian Zionism? It is not one I have come across before.

Definitelt Dispensationalism, which has a tendency to lean to Zionism, but i will say no more without research
Michael

Postby rudyvonk » Wed May 30, 2007 5:48 pm

Roger Stanyard wrote:(snip)

"That Jesus Christ, The King of Kings and the Lord of Lords, will return at His second coming to rule for 1,000 years.”

Sounds a bit like the Third Reich...
rudyvonk

Postby Roger Stanyard » Thu May 31, 2007 10:35 am

rudyvonk wrote:
Roger Stanyard wrote:(snip)

"That Jesus Christ, The King of Kings and the Lord of Lords, will return at His second coming to rule for 1,000 years.”

Sounds a bit like the Third Reich...

Now now Rudy you know it is impossible to understand what a fundamentalist thinks because they don't.

Given that some of them think that a day does not actually mean 24 hours long - it could be several thousand years long - a 1,000 years can't possibly be taken for its literal meaning, can it??????

Roger Stanyard
Forum Admin

Return to Scripture Debate