Charlie Wolcott

Creationist bloggers can be infuriating. If one has infuriated you by persisting in nonsense even when corrected, or refusing to reply to your criiticsm, you may feel driven to recording the fact. If so, you may register your disapproval here and hope a response is forthcoming.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Charlie Wolcott

Postby a_haworthroberts » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:59 pm

Following further exchanges here (not started by me) I am again flagging this BCSE forum page to Mr Wolcott:
http://worldviewwarriors.blogspot.co.uk ... ation.html

I just submitted this further attempted reply to his latest accusation and claims:
"You appear to be in a hole or are becoming ill-tempered - so you are lying that I "read a full quote in context and still completely miss[ed] the entire point of what [was] being said". I did no such thing - otherwise you would explain to me exactly how I missed the 'entire point' (I did not even attempt to summarise Graham's words I simply quoted them so how could I have 'missed' his point(s)). And my alleged 'quote mine' on 23 February was apt - Graham said "I don't think that there's any conflict at all between science today [he didn't mean young earth creationism] and the Scriptures. I think that we have misinterpreted the Scriptures many times and we've tried to make the Scriptures say things they weren't meant to say, I think that we have made a mistake by thinking the Bible is a scientific book. The Bible is not a book of science" ie he was saying that if the Bible implies a young Earth it was not making a scientific statement so therefore there's no conflict. And I never suggested anything contrary to your suggestion now that Graham declined to enter into the origins debate. Did I?
I suggest you also view the British Centre for Science Education community forum, see my earlier post above, where I commented further in late February following your post here dated 25 February.
I will view that Daily Galaxy link. My initial reaction is that a very distant (optically invisible) black hole is not exactly above Earth's 'sky'. Whereas the Earth has plenty of water below the sky (so that Genesis 1 verse, if taken literally, was half right).
I have saved this text."

On THIS link, Wolcott is suggesting that it (and other unspecified things) confirms Genesis 1:7b - which reads "So God made the vault [sky] and separated the water under the vault from the water above it. And it was so":
http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/20 ... rse-t.html
a_haworthroberts

Previous

Return to Conversations with Creationists