YEC David Tee

Creationist bloggers can be infuriating. If one has infuriated you by persisting in nonsense even when corrected, or refusing to reply to your criiticsm, you may feel driven to recording the fact. If so, you may register your disapproval here and hope a response is forthcoming.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: YEC David Tee

Postby archaeologist55 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:25 am

David must have missed the warning on this website concerning the 'free for all' part of this community forum that debate on this forum can be 'boisterous' and that people should not participate if easily offended.

You are confused. This forum is the conversation with creationists and no free for all or boisterous activity seems to be allowed. You are the one posting in the wrong forum if you want to have a free for all. I saw that that was a different forum altogether which does state it is boisterous, etc.

Maybe you should learn your posting website better
archaeologist55

Postby archaeologist55 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:27 am

Why not? We put up with a lot of other people with "robust" views, such as yourself demanding that you be called "Dr".

Your disrespect and intolerance is noted as well as your distortion. You ignored the context of why I said that but that is par for the course for those who reject the truth.

As for the Bible, there is only 1 mass extinction mentioned, if H-R doesn't like it, then he can stop talking to me.
archaeologist55

Postby Roger Stanyard » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:07 am

archaeologist55 wrote:
Why not? We put up with a lot of other people with "robust" views, such as yourself demanding that you be called "Dr".

Your disrespect and intolerance is noted as well as your distortion. You ignored the context of why I said that but that is par for the course for those who reject the truth.

As for the Bible, there is only 1 mass extinction mentioned, if H-R doesn't like it, then he can stop talking to me.

Oh, I see, you are now demanding respect.

Respect is something earned, not demanded of right.
Those who believe absurdities will commit atrocities - Voltaire
Roger Stanyard
Forum Admin

Postby Brian Jordan » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:51 am

archaeologist55 wrote:
Yipes! An Ultra Young Earther? Or maybe a typo. :)
Anyway, welcome to the forum at last after that protracted application.

No Typo and no ultra YEC person just someone who believes the Bible.
I'm still a bit puzzled, maybe we're used to different terminology. You interpret the Bible, as did Ussher, to derive a date for creation. You appeared to be saying that your derived date is MORE RECENT than Ussher's. I'm more used to dissenting creationists deriving a date LESS recent than Ussher's.
If you have derived a more recent date, do please tell us what it is. It might be worth a thread in the Scripture forum.
"PPSIMMONS is an amorphous mass of stupid" - Rationalwiki
Brian Jordan
Forum Admin

Postby Roger Stanyard » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:13 am

Brian Jordan wrote:
archaeologist55 wrote:
Yipes! An Ultra Young Earther? Or maybe a typo. :)
Anyway, welcome to the forum at last after that protracted application.

No Typo and no ultra YEC person just someone who believes the Bible.
I'm still a bit puzzled, maybe we're used to different terminology. You interpret the Bible, as did Ussher, to derive a date for creation. You appeared to be saying that your derived date is MORE RECENT than Ussher's. I'm more used to dissenting creationists deriving a date LESS recent than Ussher's.
If you have derived a more recent date, do please tell us what it is. It might be worth a thread in the Scripture forum.

He appears to be a follower of Ken Ham who he describes as "Dr" Ken Ham. Hams "doctorate" is, of course, an honorary degree awarded by his fellow fundamentalist kooks. No different from Ian Paisley's.
Roger Stanyard
Forum Admin

Postby Brian Jordan » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:01 pm

Yes, I think we can definitely rule out a physical science doctorate, if this extract from one of David's books is anything to go by:
The standard model is contains nothing unique and is filled with made up Idea; based upon nothing but assumption and conjecture, supported by the ait of prediction. Prediction simply means
'A foretelling; a previous declaration of a future event; prophecy."
Webster, N. (2006) Noah Webster's first edition of An American dictionary of the English language
Anahelm.CA: Foundation foi American Christian Education
Scienec is using an act they scoff at when the biblical authors use it. Secular science is built on the wrong attitudes-arrogance and ridicule and that is not a great foundation to build anything.
2. "The Standard Model is not yet a Theory of everything It does not yet account for the force of gravity." (p xi)
No it doesn't and gravity probably stands as the most complicated and confusing force in the universe as scientists cannot figure out where its source of power is and how it can adjust its holding power. It can hold the moon in orbit yet let spaceships flee its grasp. It can allow kites and balloons to fly yet pull humans down to the ground faster than anything else.
(via o.c.r.)
I think most candidates would have been flayed alive by their external examiners for putting that in their dissertation: dismissing the Standard Theory when they are not even conversant with O-level Newtonian physics!
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Much-Talk-About-Vol-Continuing/dp/1503022714/ref=la_B00JESIJRU_1_2/280-1746310-2609800?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1452943354&sr=1-2#reader_1503022714
Brian Jordan
Forum Admin

Postby Roger Stanyard » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:10 pm

Brian Jordan wrote:Yes, I think we can definitely rule out a physical science doctorate, if this extract from one of David's books is anything to go by:

Even his best friends would not describe him as an intellectual.
Roger Stanyard
Forum Admin

Postby Brian Jordan » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:58 pm

Here's a quote from one of David's books, taken (via OCR) from a rather unkind blog post.
Dr. David Tee has degrees in Theology, Church History and Archaeology and most were obtained during his sojourn in Korea and while teaching English to Korean students of all ages. He has retired after 10 years of navigating the Korean Educational System and moved on to new challenges.
Come on then David, why so coy? Perfectly good degree subjects, if not all to everyone's taste, and I'm sure there are very good universities in Korea. So go on, be a devil and tell us about your doctorate.
Brian Jordan
Forum Admin

Postby Roger Stanyard » Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:19 pm

Brian Jordan wrote:Here's a quote from one of David's books, taken (via OCR) from a rather unkind blog post.
Dr. David Tee has degrees in Theology, Church History and Archaeology and most were obtained during his sojourn in Korea and while teaching English to Korean students of all ages. He has retired after 10 years of navigating the Korean Educational System and moved on to new challenges.
Come on then David, why so coy? Perfectly good degree subjects, if not all to everyone's taste, and I'm sure there are very good universities in Korea. So go on, be a devil and tell us about your doctorate.

So it looks like he did all his degrees over a ten year period whilst being employed full time as a teacher of English as a foreign language. It doesn't actually say that he got them from Korean universities. Which, again, leads me to conclude that they are the products of diploma mills.
Roger Stanyard
Forum Admin

Postby Brian Jordan » Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:32 pm

To be fair, it says "most" - which can only mean two out of three in this case. My bet is an Archaeology degree originally, followed by two religious ones in Korea. OTOH, Church History would be better and more easily studied nearer where it happened than in Korea. Still, perhaps David will tell us.
Brian Jordan
Forum Admin

Postby a_haworthroberts » Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:49 pm

"As for the Bible, there is only 1 mass extinction mentioned, if H-R doesn't like it, then he can stop talking to me."

Your original statement was:
"There has only been one mass extinction in our history and that was Noah’s flood." It ignores verses that suggest that ALL land-based animals (other ones and plants are not mentioned) - such as dinosaurs assuming they existed 5,000 years ago (they did not but that's a separate issue) - were represented by a male and female pair ie saved from annihilation on an ark. And then after the waters subsided God told Noah at Genesis 8:17 to bring out every kind of creature from within the ark to repopulate the Earth and be fruitful and INCREASE in number.

Your blog statement was a Lie. I have already proven that. The purported flood in Genesis was a mass die-off (including of many humans) but the Bible never ever suggests that ANY species went extinct (ie disappeared FOREVER) during Noah's flood. You will continue to fail to offer ANY Bible verse that suggests that (what was 'destroyed' was the Earth and individual members of species). (You also arrogantly dismissed all the evidence for real extinction events in Earth's long history.)

But you are a liar, a bigot, and a wacko ie not even a 'mainstream' young earth creationist (even if they are mainstream Christians which many Christians would hope is not the case given how mendacious YECs typically are).

You are even disagreeing with God (as well as the Bible, science, reason, reality and common sense).

I repeat, will 'David' kindly inform us whether dinosaurs went extinct (finally disappeared FOREVER):
(a) before Noah's flood (assuming such a worldwide inundation did happen in geologically very recent times);
(b) during Noah's flood;
(c) after Noah's flood.
And what biblical support if any he thinks he might have for his claim.

Incidentally I have just seen on another blog how bizarre Christian fundamentalist science haters can be when confronting non-biblical realities such as the fact that all dinosaurs are extinct:
http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... n-genesis/

Hope this is not too boisterous for you (but you appear very capable of dishing it out to people when they ask you too many questions so I suspect not).

If you lie again I will expose you again. But if you want to continue to make a fool of yourself I cannot stop you.

Brian and Roger - I have seen past comments on Tee's blog that show that he believes that he knows BETTER than Ken Ham ie he's no Ken Ham disciple. He also appears to be (like me!) something of a One Man Band.
a_haworthroberts

Postby Roger Stanyard » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:17 pm

a_haworthroberts wrote:I repeat, will 'David' kindly inform us whether dinosaurs went extinct (finally disappeared FOREVER):
(a) before Noah's flood (assuming such a worldwide inundation did happen in geologically very recent times);
(b) during Noah's flood;
(c) after Noah's flood.
And what biblical support if any he thinks he might have for his claim.

Ashley - keep your posts short. It makes them effective. You ramble on far too much and most people here have long stopped reading them.

For what it is worth, the creationist movement is dead in the water which is why so few creationists are, nowadays, seen in pro-science forums like this. The world knows that they are basically American bigots and nutcases (there's a lot of that sort in the USA - see the BBC News web site which reports on them every day). Even the NCSE in the USA knows it has won the battle against creationism.

The creationists are entitled to hold any opinions about religion they feel comfortable with. The real issues are political insofar as they have attempted to impose their religious opinions in publicly funded education. They lost that battle in the UK years ago. If they stick to promoting creationism in churches or through unread vanity publishing or whatever, it really isn't our business.

Don't forget that religious belief is declining in the Western world and, now, spectacularly so amongst millenials in the USA.
Roger Stanyard
Forum Admin

Postby Roger Stanyard » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:13 pm

Brian Jordan wrote:To be fair, it says "most" - which can only mean two out of three in this case. My bet is an Archaeology degree originally, followed by two religious ones in Korea. OTOH, Church History would be better and more easily studied nearer where it happened than in Korea. Still, perhaps David will tell us.

More evidence that he qualifications look dodgy/ This is from the unsettledchristianity blog:

"The last few weeks we have been visited by someone who is claiming to be a “Dr.”, David Tee. It was pretty obvious from his poor argumentation that he has had very little to no training in any sort of academic process, but he kept claiming that he has, and that his degrees are ‘personal’ information (as if anyone who has gone to University in NA keeps that sort of information as “personal”)."

Awards of degree do not constitute personal information. Award giving institutions make available who has been awarded what for every degree. Such information is, of course, used by others to check on the credentials of individuals.
Roger Stanyard
Forum Admin

Postby Roger Stanyard » Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:03 pm

Brian Jordan wrote:To be fair, it says "most" - which can only mean two out of three in this case. My bet is an Archaeology degree originally, followed by two religious ones in Korea. OTOH, Church History would be better and more easily studied nearer where it happened than in Korea. Still, perhaps David will tell us.

It appears that one or more of his degrees are from "University of the Holy Spirit" whatever that is.

Edit: it also appears that he is not an American (although may be living in the USA). I picked up his response to the Seoul police banning a gay parade last summer:

"Dr. David Tee
15TH JUNE 2015 AT 9:42 AM
good for the seoul police. at least they were thinking correctly. oh and south korea was not embarrassed, they did what was right.

we need to rid the country of all western homosexuals."

He seems to be both a racist and a homophobe.
Roger Stanyard
Forum Admin

Postby Brian Jordan » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:30 pm

Well, Google attests to two (or are they the same) University/ies of the Holy Spirit. One seems to be a Catholic university in Lebanon, another affiliated to or originated in Florida - which, oddly, delivers courses in both English and Arabic. In the case of the latter, their English is rather fractured - maybe David got an honorary degree for helping them with it but didn't finish the job?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Spirit_University_of_Kaslik
http://www.hsuniversity.us/about-us/about-hsu.html
Brian Jordan
Forum Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Conversations with Creationists