A YEC physicist and climate change denier zapping the truth

Creationist bloggers can be infuriating. If one has infuriated you by persisting in nonsense even when corrected, or refusing to reply to your criiticsm, you may feel driven to recording the fact. If so, you may register your disapproval here and hope a response is forthcoming.

Moderator: Moderators

A YEC physicist and climate change denier zapping the truth

Postby a_haworthroberts » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:57 pm

So what's new?

At the time of writing, 48 hours after I submitted the reply and 24 hours after I asked why he was zapping my reply and reminding him that I had saved it, CMI's climate zealot John Hartnett is STILL silently censoring me - for attempting to reply to his latest disingenuous response.

THIS is the conversation:
http://johnhartnett.org/2015/10/22/glob ... years-ago/

THIS is my reply to him which he is trying to hide from everyone for reasons unknown other than that, presumably, he can think of no further rational response he could make:
"There IS correlation between rising temperatures since 1970 and increased carbon dioxide levels in the atmosphere. Your reply about 'cooling decades' does NOT address my comment. You are being wilfully incorrect. Your position is unscientific. You falsely insinuate that of 'my' position - which of course is NOT just 'my' position. (I have saved this text.)"

PS at 7.55 pm - another hurricane moving over unusually warm seas and trying to get itself noticed by the international news media:
http://blogs.channel4.com/liam-dutton-o ... #more-9262
a_haworthroberts

Re: A YEC physicist and climate change denier zapping the tr

Postby a_haworthroberts » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:58 pm

Email as just sent to John Hartnett:

"John Hartnett
http://johnhartnett.org/2015/10/22/glob ... 04#respond
"You dishonestly censored my last reply - which can be read here.
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=3717
No doubt you will censor this comment too.
That Met Office article points to around 1 Celsius world warming since the pre-industrial era. And carbon dioxide levels at the atmosphere have risen from 280 ppm to 400 ppm or more. You should know the physics that explains how this is likely to be a case of causation as well as correlation.
Why don't you publish my previous comment and deal with its contents? I thought you were a scientist - surely you can defend your position?
PS This Met Office link is dated 9 November. Thus your claim to have posted the 'latest Met Office data' yourself (somewhere) appears bogus."

PS
The copy recipient told me that you are censoring him too (he quoted his post to me*). Why are you behaving like this?

PPS
If you fail to publish a SECOND pertinent comment by myself it will be more evidence of serial dishonesty [by] (another) YEC apologist that poorly educated Christians probably look up to. (Not[e] only have I saved the text of my reply, as shown above, but I took an on-screen photo of it at the foot of the blog before I clicked on 'post comment'.

* It read:
"Seeing how the Bible predicts terrible drought and heat (Revelation 8), I've been surprised to see so many Christians denying the warming trends of published climate science. I would have thought that they would be citing the science as agreeing what Bible prophecy have been saying all along. (I'm not saying I agree with that kind of sensationalist "proof texting" but simply observing how many tend to operate.)

As to the alleged "global cooling" hysteria of the 1960's and 1970's, the often remembered TIME and NEWSWEEK cover stories were contrary to something like 90% of the published climatology and climate models at the time. Journalists and politicians often distort the actual science, then and now.. Anyone who surveys the climatology journals of those years will notice that there was a strong consensus at the time towards global warming. I remember that from my own research in the mid-1970's and several surveys have been published in science journals these last two years making that very point. In fact, I vaguely recall a science journal article published as part of the 1957-1958 geophysical year noting with some alarm that the excess CO2 produced by humans was NOT being absorbed by the oceans, thereby predicting dangerous implications for long-term and accelerating global warming. From that point on there was a steady stream of global warming concerns and only a few contrarians were claiming net cooling trends. Of course, that is why most of the "everybody knows that cooling was predicted" claims of denialists citing pop journalist global cooling stories of those years focus on the TIME and NEWSWEEK cover stories---and never mention what the majority of climate scientists were actually publishing at the time.

Whatever the climate trends, it is sad that so many Christians have chosen to seize upon yet another opportunity to associate Christ-followers with science-denialism. We are called to make disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ, not to be known for claiming that we know better on every science topic than the scientists of the relevant fields The Bible tells us that we are to be considered fools for Christ because of the foolishness of the cross--not because we say foolish things about science."

I have no formal involvement with the bible.and.science.forum, which I believe is based in the US not the UK, incidentally."
a_haworthroberts

Return to Conversations with Creationists