Recent exchanges here with Issac Bourne

Creationist bloggers can be infuriating. If one has infuriated you by persisting in nonsense even when corrected, or refusing to reply to your criiticsm, you may feel driven to recording the fact. If so, you may register your disapproval here and hope a response is forthcoming.

Moderator: Moderators

Recent exchanges here with Issac Bourne

Postby a_haworthroberts » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:05 pm

These personal comments are being made, having reflected on the recent events, without me first reading any new comments since last night (or checking my email).

The exchanges in question with Issac have been brief, mostly cordial, and in my view somewhat inconclusive. Thus - contrary to what I may have implied last night (reacting in the heat of the moment to inflammatory and fictitious comments about me by another YEC who does not even have the guts to debate his opponents) - I do NOT consider that any 'victory' has so far been won. Not 'mine' (in any case it would be 'ours') and not his.

I do sympathise with what happened to one of Issac's posts. I doubt that Brian deleted it on purpose since I am not aware of that happening when previously other YECs (Marc Surtees, Jason Petersen, Tim Gilleand and others) have posted here, whether briefly or in Marc's case for some years. It is unfortunate that Issac apparently did not save his text and either cannot recall his main points or does not have the time to rewrite the material. It is also unfortunate that Brian (I did not study his explanation very closely because I am not a tecchie or highly computer literate sort of individual) does not appear to have a means to retrieve the text of the post that was lost.

I am sad that Issac has apparently quit the forum. I do not take that as any admission of defeat. Though I do think his decision was hasty, unnecessary and suggestive of insincerity. I am not lying when I say that I hope that he will come back - whether imminently or some way down the line if he wants to raise a new matter with us. He has not been banned and - the last time I looked - the two threads he started remained open. But the decision is Issac's to make. If he does not return in the short-term, I do not propose to start proclaiming that he 'ran away for no reason' since I understand the upset that losing a post for whatever reason on an open forum where you are the newcomer can be an upsetting experience and he appears to have had voices in his ear from the YEC camp telling him that it was 'deliberate' because we wanted 'rid' of Issac.
a_haworthroberts

Re: Recent exchanges here with Issac Bourne

Postby a_haworthroberts » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:12 pm

I now see that Issac has made a new post since late last night UK time (not yet read as I am logging off again for a while as I am about to eat a sandwich and drink some tea). If I consider that I should respond I will do so a little later on.
a_haworthroberts

Re: Recent exchanges here with Issac Bourne

Postby a_haworthroberts » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:51 pm

I have just seen that around 15 hours ago Bourne wrote the following rubbish on his facebook page (in response to Serial Liar Sorensen):
"Well I'm used to that. After some 20 plus years you get a feel of what to expect from certain people and groups. It does not bother me as much as some might expect. In fact if they were not so hateful at doing it I would not have even worried about posting what I did here and on my site. I would have let them have their victory dance and forgot about it.
I've nick named him Hateworth. Because hate is all he spews and all he knows how to do best. What I find ironic is that Hateworth tries to set up formal debates with people by saying hateful things to them. Yet there is really no section in that forum to do that. And it's not that hard to set one up. So I don;t think it's really there goal or agenda to do so. I think it's their goal and agenda to get us there, then give us a hard time, then claim victory when we leave. Then call every liars. ~ Issac"

I have not tried to set up ANY 'formal' debates between myself and any YEC bigot. Whether here or on their sites. Informal debate is what I attempt - and what they normally refuse point blank to engage in.

I was not - contrary to Bourne's absurd claim - dancing any 'victory dance' last night. Why do YECs project their own narrow-minded thinking and attitudes onto everyone else? But my posts above within this thread should correct any false impression that I was announcing 'victory' last night. The only thing I did was suggest that Bourne appeared to have run away hurriedly when he did not need to do so (but I was open to the idea that he MIGHT return).

The question is - will Bourne accept my words above? Or will he continue to 'slag me off' and call me Hateworth? If it is the latter, that will highlight his insincerity.

PS
The fraudulent 'Harold Smith' is spewing yet more bile: "Hateworth is dumb as a stump and lies like a rug, pretending he's the victim and everyone else is a liar". You ARE a Liar Smith. He also falsely claims that I will only debate YECs on this forum.
I think NOT 'Smith':
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=3201&p=48503&hilit=inconsistent#p48503
But facts don't matter a jot to Liar 'Smith' - only hate and false claims. Such as this " Naturally, Hateworth, who can't think clearly enough to open a bottle of Guiness for himself, thinks that you ran away ...". Yes - funnily enough I did. Because Bourne announced on facebook: "I have ended the debate. I'm not putting up with being treated that way." (Despite the fact that the accidental bad treatment was NOTHING to do with me, the person Bourne wanted to debate with.)
But clearly 'Smith' thinks that I should NOT believe what fellow YECs say on facebook or elsewhere (actually he could be ON to something there ...).
I've said it before but evil and dishonest people sometimes become YECs.
Here again is Bourne - calling me 'Hateworth' despite me being civil to him when he was first posting here and responding to all his main points, and me having NOTHING to do with the events affecting him between early on Thursday morning and early on Friday evening UK time - finding it convenient to mainly BLAME me in order to rationalise him 'needing' to quit the forum.
http://www.yecheadquarters.org/?p=1754

PPS
I have finally had the chance to read the new Bourne post here:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=3607
It's got INSINCERITY written ALL OVER IT, and I am not going to dignify it with a response. It kind of implies that part of Bourne's motivation in asking for a formal debate has been to get more hits on his science denying facebook page and blog. He also seems think that informal debate with YECs is 'not' possible here - despite the fact that it has happened on and off for years, and the YECs who came have NEVER ever been banned to my knowledge but have ALWAYS left of their OWN ACCORD. "To bad Hateworth is to much of a coward to debate anywhere but here...". LIAR. See the link posted above in response to Liar 'Smith'. And Liar Bourne CENSORED me when I tried to debate claims made by him on HIS blog - as the main Bourne thread shows. In fact he even set up an automatic barrier to bar ANY post by myself - before he had even READ it (I received an automated message and my post got zapped)!
Why do YECs think everybody else is STUPID?! Why do they wonder why even some fellow Christians cannot stand them?! It is clear - despite coming back to throw mud at me - Bourne has decided to RUN AWAY. Despite the fact that some debate with him has already taken place, I have addressed all his posts, he is not banned, and I have stated above (before reading the bile in his post dated 3 January) that I have no problem with him returning (because anti-creationists do not fear open discussion even if they distrust YECs).

I have not won a victory. But Bourne has QUIT.

As he did - for NO reason whatsoever - HERE (see part 2 of my post at 23.31 hours on 19.9.12 - NB fellow YEC Joe Boudreault later suddenly DELETED his review of the Sarfati book so the whole discussion involving Ikester7579 aka Bourne also got zapped):
http://www.forums.bcseweb.org.uk/viewto ... &start=120

I fear for people in places like the US whose ONLY contact with Christians is with YEC bigots. They will either totally reject Christianity or become like the bigots.
a_haworthroberts

Return to Conversations with Creationists