Questions that YECs will NEVER address

Creationist bloggers can be infuriating. If one has infuriated you by persisting in nonsense even when corrected, or refusing to reply to your criiticsm, you may feel driven to recording the fact. If so, you may register your disapproval here and hope a response is forthcoming.

Moderator: Moderators

Questions that YECs will NEVER address

Postby a_haworthroberts » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:11 am

"Why do our critics sincerely believe that we are lying?"
"Why are our critics sometimes genuinely angered by our claims and our behaviour?"
"Why do vast numbers of people, including many Christians, sincerely believe that we are wrong on scientific matters?"

It's called putting yourself in the other person's shoes.
a_haworthroberts

Re: Questions that YECs will NEVER address

Postby a_haworthroberts » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:27 am

Putting myself into YEC shoes for a moment I think they say the things they do because they have decided that the Bible is the SUM TOTAL OF REALITY.
a_haworthroberts

Re:

Postby a_haworthroberts » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:36 pm

Also, if their scepticism about mainstream science is on the money and is the truth, I find it interesting that many who espouse the YEC position are prepared to misrepresent or falsely accuse their opponent when put under pressure and challenged by somebody who has done their homework. I have seen bigotry and defensiveness (including just this week) and whilst I think the Bible motivates people to react like that, I suspect that the certainties and stridency of YEC fundamentalism attract a particular type of person especially if they live in places like the US where YEC teachings already have considerable influence within Christianity.
a_haworthroberts

Postby Peter Henderson » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:13 am

My question to YECs is this Ashley. If a non believer (like Nye for example) accepted Christ and was saved, but still rejected YECism would YEC groups like AiG and CMI give thanks another lost soul had found the Lord ?

They refuse point blankly to answer this question directly. All I get is "We have never said that you must be a YEC in order to be a Christian" waffle. As we know, this is not what their followers believe.

Yet, they continually repeat the line their ultimate aim is to lead people to Christ ??????????

I think they are hypocrites.
Peter Henderson

Postby a_haworthroberts » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:31 pm

Peter Henderson wrote:My question to YECs is this Ashley. If a non believer (like Nye for example) accepted Christ and was saved, but still rejected YECism would YEC groups like AiG and CMI give thanks another lost soul had found the Lord ?

They refuse point blankly to answer this question directly. All I get is "We have never said that you must be a YEC in order to be a Christian" waffle. As we know, this is not what their followers believe.

Yet, they continually repeat the line their ultimate aim is to lead people to Christ ??????????

I think they are hypocrites.

Peter
Sorensen is having a go at you. (From the safety of his Piltdown Superman/The Question Evolution Project facebook page.) He's decided that you have "rebellion against God and hatred for his people".
https://www.facebook.com/Piltdown.Superman
Ashley
a_haworthroberts

Postby Peter Henderson » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:21 pm

Can't really see anything Ashley. Which post is it on ?
Peter Henderson

Postby a_haworthroberts » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:43 pm

Peter Henderson wrote:Can't really see anything Ashley. Which post is it on ?

He's posted a screenshot of your recent comment under the opening comment: "Many anti-creationists are shallow thinkers but fancy themselves deeply intellectual. (This one used "guilt by association" one time to call me stupid because I like "Ian Jubby".) Instead of reasoning ability, people like this have rebellion against God and hatred for his people. -Cowboy Bob"

(Earlier this evening I was having problems cutting and pasting onto the BCSE website.)
a_haworthroberts

Postby Peter Henderson » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:15 pm

a_haworthroberts wrote:
Peter Henderson wrote:Can't really see anything Ashley. Which post is it on ?

He's posted a screenshot of your recent comment under the opening comment: "Many anti-creationists are shallow thinkers but fancy themselves deeply intellectual. (This one used "guilt by association" one time to call me stupid because I like "Ian Jubby".) Instead of reasoning ability, people like this have rebellion against God and hatred for his people. -Cowboy Bob"

(Earlier this evening I was having problems cutting and pasting onto the BCSE website.)

Yep, see it now Ashley.

Sorenson only confirms what I've written, and just waffles around the question without actually answering it, which is entirely predictable.

This comment sums up my feelings about YECs like Sorenson:

I can see how you can be a believer and be OEC or TE. I don't see how you can be saved and STAY there.

Why ? The bible says nothing about the age of the Earth or rejecting evolution as a requirement for salvation.

Thanks for confirming my point Charlie Wollcot.
Peter Henderson

Postby archaeologist55 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:55 am

a_haworthroberts wrote:"Why do our critics sincerely believe that we are lying?"
"Why are our critics sometimes genuinely angered by our claims and our behaviour?"
"Why do vast numbers of people, including many Christians, sincerely believe that we are wrong on scientific matters?"

It's called putting yourself in the other person's shoes.

We do not address them as they are immaterial, not valid, far from the issue of creation and evolution and a nuisance. The truth does not need a majority to be the truth
archaeologist55

Postby jon_12091 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:27 pm

archaeologist55 wrote:The truth does not need a majority to be the truth

Trite. But correct and vice versa. Assuming by 'truth' were talking in common terms about the correspondence theory of truth or as Aquinas put it "a judgment is said to be true when it conforms to the external reality" and we're not talking about constructivist or consensus theory. Then there is no truth to any claim that the Earth is less than approximately 4.5 billion years old or that there was ever a geologically recent global inundation or indeed to any claims that evolution is not largely down to change in the heritable traits of biological populations over successive generations.

Now for a real question that creationists can not (and perhaps will not) address. Provide a hypothesis for the existence of cyclothems in the geological column within the context of a global flood model that can be confirmed through observation or experiment?

Otherwise please stop trying to make God scientifically falsifiable by insisting that Genesis is a literal explanation of creation against all theological sense and scientific knowledge.
'If I can shoot rabbits then I can shoot fascists'
Miners against fascism.
Hywel Francis
jon_12091

Postby archaeologist55 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:34 am

Assuming by 'truth' were talking in common terms about the correspondence theory of truth or as Aquinas put it

Who said Aquinas was correct? Since he was not inspired by God nor wrote scripture we do not have to listen to him.

Provide a hypothesis for the existence of cyclothems in the geological column within the context of a global flood model that can be confirmed through observation or experiment?

Don't have to do that either. We do not build models but tell the truth, there was a global flood and whether or not cyclothems exist or were influenced by the that flood is immaterial. what is important is that God punishes sin, that is the lesson you should be focused on with the flood. Just about everything else is a distraction.

Since the original conditions that started life, since the supposed original ancestor , and since the process of evolution cannot be observed at any time nor replicated by secular science, you are in no position to demand anything.
archaeologist55

Postby archaeologist55 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:36 am

Otherwise please stop trying to make God scientifically falsifiable by insisting that Genesis is a literal explanation of creation against all theological sense and scientific knowledge.

I do not try to make God scientifically falsifiable. That concept is a secular science concept and has no bearing on anything, especially God. We do not follow secular science's demands but follow God's which means we present the truth.
archaeologist55

Postby Roger Stanyard » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:43 am

archaeologist55 wrote:
Assuming by 'truth' were talking in common terms about the correspondence theory of truth or as Aquinas put it

Who said Aquinas was correct? Since he was not inspired by God nor wrote scripture we do not have to listen to him.

Then why should anyone listen to you or other American fundies?
Those who believe absurdities will commit atrocities - Voltaire
Roger Stanyard
Forum Admin

Postby Brian Jordan » Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:26 pm

archaeologist55 wrote:Since the original conditions that started life, since the supposed original ancestor , and since the process of evolution cannot be observed at any time nor replicated by secular science, you are in no position to demand anything.
Since Noah's flood, let alone the special creation of all animal species, cannot be observed or replicated, you are in no position to demand than anyone believe in them.
"PPSIMMONS is an amorphous mass of stupid" - Rationalwiki
Brian Jordan
Forum Admin

Postby jon_12091 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:49 pm

Wow, extreme bibliolatry. Or an atheist 5th columnist....

Personally I find it somewhat distressing that they can't even comprehend that when faced with a belief like that, given the choice between what ultimately is just a book and the reality of nature, they are not from my POV going to make the right choice.

archaeologist55 wrote:and since the process of evolution cannot be observed at any time nor replicated by secular science

1. evolution can be tested and observed
2. science is not 'secular' in any sense that you probably mean
By constantly repeating these falsies, despite explanation they are incorrect, you are doing so either out of a lack of understanding or deceit....
'If I can shoot rabbits then I can shoot fascists'
Miners against fascism.
Hywel Francis
jon_12091

Next

Return to Conversations with Creationists