More pomposity and falsehoods from Terry Mortenson

Creationist bloggers can be infuriating. If one has infuriated you by persisting in nonsense even when corrected, or refusing to reply to your criiticsm, you may feel driven to recording the fact. If so, you may register your disapproval here and hope a response is forthcoming.

Moderator: Moderators

More pomposity and falsehoods from Terry Mortenson

Postby a_haworthroberts » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:38 pm

http://www.answersingenesis.org/article ... lelinkedin
"It would have been more pleasant if you had come and in a civil academically respectable manner raised objections to one or more points that I made in my lecture so we could discuss the matter further.
You say that you are only interested in theories that make predictions and can be potentially falsified. Well, creation fits the bill and succeeds, whereas evolution fits the bill, but fails. Consider, as only one example, the predictions of the two views of origins regarding fossils.
Darwin spent an incredible amount of time in his 1859 book Origin of Species discussing the problems of his theory, paramount of which was the fossil record. Darwin predicted that one day the fossil record would supply the evidence to confirm his theory that all plants and animals and man are descended from one common ancestor. In contrast, it is clear from Genesis that God created different kinds of plants and animals and mankind to reproduce after their kind but not to change into a different kind.
Today the fossil record even more clearly demonstrates that Darwin’s theory (and the modern Neo-Darwinian theory) is false and that the Genesis account of creation is true."
(followed by the usual quote-mining, highly out of date quotations, and outright falsehoods which ignore the wider picture eg the sweeping and highly questionable claim that "the fossil record falsifies the theory of evolution")
Par for the course as far as Mortenson is concerned in my experience of reading his written protestations. Including allegations that evolution is 'protected' from criticism.

More here if you want it:
http://pandasthumb.org/archives/2014/03 ... onist.html
a_haworthroberts

Return to Conversations with Creationists