What's wrong with creationists

Creationist bloggers can be infuriating. If one has infuriated you by persisting in nonsense even when corrected, or refusing to reply to your criiticsm, you may feel driven to recording the fact. If so, you may register your disapproval here and hope a response is forthcoming.

Moderator: Moderators

What's wrong with creationists

Postby a_haworthroberts » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:40 am

It's pretty simple really. You show them something using science, but they notice that it appears to contradict the Bible in some way. Thus they totally reject what you show them, carry on putting out their own half-baked hypotheses and half-baked refutations, and generally carry on insisting "the Bible SAYS...".

Thus:
http://creation.com/refuting-campbell-y ... eformation

Thus the 'Question Evolution Project' on their Facebook page currently:
"Shared from Ken Ham, Dawkins is disingenuous. He won't debate creationist scientists because he uses the old lie that they're not real scientists. NCSE has the same nonsense going". One of their bigoted supporters has then commented underneath: "Suppressing the truth in unrighteousness. And exchanging the truth for a lie. Same old same old. I pray that while they are (in a sense) learning, that they'll come to a knoweldge of the truth. (I'm sure they know, but their self professed wisdom distorts their perception, becoming fools)".

Or Dawkins interviewing Wendy Wright:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFjoEgYO ... E0B4B74477 (part 1)
In part of the transcript as given in chapter 7 of 'The Greatest Show on Earth' she refused to consider evidence in favour of evolution and kept on subtly trying to change the subject in order to criticise behaviour by so-called evolutionists.

And they wonder why I and others call YECs 'anti-science'. (Or they pretend to wonder in order to paint all their critics as 'intolerant'.)

There is no room for ANY science about the past in their newly acquired dogmatic worldview.

Why? Because, surprise surprise considering when the Bible was written, THE FINDINGS OF SCIENCE DO NOT SUPPORT THE HISTORICAL ACCURACY AND RELIABILITY OF THE OPENING CHAPTERS OF GENESIS. IN CASES WHERE THE CREATIONISTS ARE NOT IN GENUINE IGNORANCE OF THIS REALITY (SOME ARE), THEY HATE THAT REALITY OR ELSE MANAGE TO CONVINCE THEMSELVES THAT THAT IS A 'LIE' OF SATAN AND A 'FALSE REALITY'. AND BECAUSE THEY ARE ALSO AFRAID OF GOD THEY THUS ATTACK PRACTISING SCIENTISTS AND ANY AND ALL IDEAS THAT UNDERMINE GENESIS AS 'REAL' AND 'COMPLETE' HISTORY - PRETENDING THAT 'EVIDENCE' IS ON 'THEIR' SIDE AND THEIR SIDE ONLY.
a_haworthroberts

Re: What's wrong with creationists

Postby a_haworthroberts » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:39 am

And - because of Romans 1 saying that unbelievers will have 'no excuse' on the day of Judgment - they think God wants them to go around saying that the true reality deniers are EVERYBODY EXCEPT THEM. They do a pretty good job of it - though of course only few 'buy' what they offer.
a_haworthroberts

Postby a_haworthroberts » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:31 am

And the Bible SAYS (well IMPLIES) that Earth and the universe were - at the time of writing - 'young'. And YECs cherry pick arguments and pieces of evidence from nature which, taken in isolation, can be made to point to or 'confirm' this. Is that lying? If you admit that what you are pushing is 'religious faith' or 'religious apologetics' then maybe not. But when you call it creation 'science' then yes you are lying by omission if nothing else because you are NOT doing science, you are distorting science. Science looks at the bigger picture, not just isolated things. Religion has an agenda (which varies depending on what the believer actually believes) that science - which nobody owns - does not possess.

http://sensuouscurmudgeon.wordpress.com ... -is-young/
a_haworthroberts

Postby a_haworthroberts » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:54 am

An Enemy of Evidence - because he trusts, without evidence, in the 'Authority of Scripture' as a REPLACEMENT for science (of course if science actually confirmed Genesis this would not be necessary):

http://blogs.answersingenesis.org/blogs ... Ken+Ham%29

Oh, and he's got a new book out.
a_haworthroberts

Postby a_haworthroberts » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:06 am

Because they believe in an inflexible and rigid fundie way in the literalistic 'Authority of Scripture', YECs attack science even when the science in question does not rule out the possibility of a god (as millions of years most certainly does not). They have granted themselves a Licence to Lie and Distort. Whilst hypocritically claiming the mantle of 'true' science for themselves. They spend as much time as denouncing what they don't believe in as preaching the gospel.
a_haworthroberts

Postby Brian Jordan » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:23 pm

Ashley, I think this is going nowhere and is really a rhetorical conversation with creationists. So I'm going to move it.
"PPSIMMONS is an amorphous mass of stupid" - Rationalwiki
Brian Jordan
Forum Admin

Postby a_haworthroberts » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:05 pm

Creationists won't speak to me if they can avoid doing so.
a_haworthroberts

Postby a_haworthroberts » Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:51 pm

About those discussion with atheists that we sometimes enjoy...

"When an atheist tells me "You don't understand evolution" it usually means "You're an idiot because you won't agree with me and deny God", or "You're an idiot because you refuse to equate true science and Darwinian evolution as the exact same thing". Then they outright lie and tell me evolution is a "fact", and it can be observed and/or proved. Please. Give me a break. Go back to your insane asylum".
'Freedom from Atheistic Scientism' - presumably that's Mr Kirk Hastings expressing his opinions about people who disagree with him.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Freedom- ... 7305239016
a_haworthroberts

Postby a_haworthroberts » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:01 pm

http://creation.com/advance-the-line
A YEC getting rather exercised.
a_haworthroberts

Return to Conversations with Creationists