Who is 'Freedom from Atheistic Scientism'?

Creationist bloggers can be infuriating. If one has infuriated you by persisting in nonsense even when corrected, or refusing to reply to your criiticsm, you may feel driven to recording the fact. If so, you may register your disapproval here and hope a response is forthcoming.

Moderator: Moderators

Who is 'Freedom from Atheistic Scientism'?

Postby a_haworthroberts » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:39 pm

Whoever he is, he's both ignorant and rude.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Freedom- ... 7305239016
Please see the discussion about Mary Schweitzer, which started on 12 October. I called him 'Mr Freedom' and he is now calling me 'Mr Smartass' because I pointed out that he has comprehension problems.
He also does not know the difference between nuclear fission and nuclear fusion - see one of the discussions that began on 23 October.
a_haworthroberts

Re: Who is 'Freedom from Atheistic Scientism'?

Postby a_haworthroberts » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:44 pm

Yep - ignorant and rude. He's just written: "Mr. Smartass, your argumentative ignorance is showing again. Point out where I ever used the words "could not get her findings published ANYWHERE". I never said that. The implication YOU made from what I said is just that, a personal implication made by you, nothing more. Not what I specifically said. Keep this stupidity up and you are off this page".

My reply: "The ignorance is YOURS. I was NOT misquoting you (my words are not in speech marks). I was INTERPRETING your words - and quoting them back to you. You need to express yourself more clearly I politely suggest.
All young Earth creationists LOVE threatening to ban people or even banning them without warning in some cases. Very revealing. They are afraid of facts."
a_haworthroberts

Postby a_haworthroberts » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:06 pm

YECs do NOT censor or ban people for 'stupidity'.

They are not THAT stupid.
a_haworthroberts

Postby a_haworthroberts » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:21 pm

Before I could photograph all the postings on my pc screen, the rude liar has censored my last post - see above - and also banned me.

YECs have NO interest in facts and are brainwashed that anybody who does not agree with them or makes them look stupid by showing up their dogmatic ignorance is an evil liar who must be muzzled and silenced.
a_haworthroberts

Postby a_haworthroberts » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:54 pm

Email as sent (the FFAS - whoever he is/they are - does not publish his email address as far as I can see, thus he is not copied in):

"An ignorant and insecure YEC internet propagandist who hates correction.

He calls himself 'Freedom from Atheistic Scientism'. But he has comprehension problems. He also does not seem to know the difference between nuclear fission and nuclear fusion as in a separate thread he wrote "Stars operate by nuclear fission, but nuclear fission does not create them".

I took the five attached photos in case he deletes my posts. However, before I could photograph my latest post (which can be read at the link below) it disappeared and - predictably - he banned me. Not for 'stupidity' - but for showing up his ignorance and false accusations. (If you look, on my final attached photo the 'like' option has vanished.)

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=3373&p=47568#p47568
As I have written here: "YECs do NOT censor or ban people for 'stupidity'.
They are not THAT stupid".

And that other mistake by our friend regarding our sun? He has also now dishonestly corrected himself and replaced 'fission' with 'fusion' - whilst simultaneously censoring my post where I pointed out his mistake - and suggested that he learn some science.

This is what YEC dogma does to some people. It turns them into dishonest and un-teachable bigots.

I cannot find an email address for the FFAS who he is/they are. Perhaps they do not want people emailing them facts."
Last edited by a_haworthroberts on Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
a_haworthroberts

Postby a_haworthroberts » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:00 pm

(My rather rushed email refers to the Schweitzer thread.)
a_haworthroberts

Postby a_haworthroberts » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:38 pm

The dishonest coward has now hidden ALL of my posts.
a_haworthroberts

Postby a_haworthroberts » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:18 pm

Mr FFAS is aware of this thread as I posted the link on his page earlier on (before he banned me for 'stupidity').

I call him a coward because when exposed as dishonest and ignorant he acts like a child and bans me and deletes all my posts.

I would dearly love to discover his real identity. Does anyone know who he is?

It is non-YECs who dislike stupidity, not YECs. YECs dislike facts.
a_haworthroberts

Postby a_haworthroberts » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:28 pm

They've only been in existence since 1.3.13.

Their purpose?:
"The FFAS seeks to challenge the modern wrongful use of scientific evidence in government, society, and legal public policy". Sounds a bit political.

And his definition of 'scientism' (emblazoned across the top of the page) describes perfectly the stance of ... young Earth creationists. It is THEY who peddle unfalsifiable dogma. Not scientists.

Only in America.
a_haworthroberts

Postby a_haworthroberts » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:59 pm

My preceding post of Friday (preceding to the one reproduced in the second post of this thread) read as follows:

"Mr Freedom - You implied that she could not get her findings published anywhere. "This is the kind of prejudice that objective scientists are getting in the so-called "mainstream" scientific journals - if your data doesn't fit the evolutionary theory, then no matter how good it is, we won't publish it, period". And "the Darwinists who control the scientific journals will not allow her evidence to be published because it does not fit their evolutionist worldview". And the fact that you choose to call me 'Mr Smartass' and lie about me is highly revealing".
a_haworthroberts

Postby a_haworthroberts » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:03 am

It was then that he gave up - and resorted simultaneously to accusing me of 'stupidity' and deciding to ban me if I didn't agree with his silliness.

I have the photographic evidence of that - and if I can ever discover an email address for the FFAS (which may be a one-man band) I will send it to him.
a_haworthroberts

Postby a_haworthroberts » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:37 pm

There's been a splurge of new posts by 'Mr Freedom' including one linking to this (which I will read and consider on its merits when I have a moment):
http://www.naturalnews.com/042613_Theor ... nking.html

However, I note this too:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NaturalNews
a_haworthroberts

Postby InfernalTank » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:52 pm

He's Kirk Hastings, a guy who wrote a crappy book called "What is Truth", which was basically a rehashing of the worst creationist arguments. Cowboy Bob is friends with him.
InfernalTank

Postby a_haworthroberts » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:44 pm

InfernalTank wrote:He's Kirk Hastings, a guy who wrote a crappy book called "What is Truth", which was basically a rehashing of the worst creationist arguments. Cowboy Bob is friends with him.

Many thanks. I've now read Mr Adams' article. He sure does appear to utterly detest modern scientists.

I vaguely recall hearing the name Kirk Hastings on a YEC Facebook page and wondering who he was (not to be confused with Ray Comfort's buddy Kirk Cameron).

I've tried forwarding my recent email to Hastings - at email@evidence4faith.com.
a_haworthroberts

Postby InfernalTank » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:26 am

http://www.amazon.com/What-Is-Truth-Sep ... 1608362981

His book got a lot of awful reviews after the folks at Irreligiosophy took him down. I did a little "case study" on him on a different forum.
InfernalTank

Next

Return to Conversations with Creationists