Ray Comfort's New Schmuckumentary

Creationist bloggers can be infuriating. If one has infuriated you by persisting in nonsense even when corrected, or refusing to reply to your criiticsm, you may feel driven to recording the fact. If so, you may register your disapproval here and hope a response is forthcoming.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Ray Comfort's New Schmuckumentary

Postby InfernalTank » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:05 am

InfernalTank

Postby Brian Jordan » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:23 am

InfernalTank wrote:http://wretchednetwork.wordpress.com/2013/08/08/evolution-professors-cant-think-of-a-single-proof/

Some ignorant comments here.

Where's the smilie for weeping?
"PPSIMMONS is an amorphous mass of stupid" - Rationalwiki
Brian Jordan
Forum Admin

Postby a_haworthroberts » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:59 pm

Brian Jordan wrote:
InfernalTank wrote:http://wretchednetwork.wordpress.com/2013/08/08/evolution-professors-cant-think-of-a-single-proof/

Some ignorant comments here.

Where's the smilie for weeping?

'Stegokitty' insists (dogmatically and longwindedly) that speciation has never been observed/never happens. She should try listening to a more intelligent YEC than the idiotic Comfort. Perhaps she needs to get up-to-date with what 'informed' YECs believe and read 'The Greatest Hoax on Earth; Refuting Dawkins on Evolution' by Sarfati. Sarfati is signed up to natural selection and speciation - though of course neither is actually suggested in the Bible, just going forth and multiplying.
a_haworthroberts

Postby a_haworthroberts » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:59 pm

More compelling evidence from his Facebook page that Comfort is closed-minded and anti-science.
"Jaclyn Glenn Said: “Just because you can’t see it happen--just because you can’t observe the millions and millions of years for these things to happen, doesn’t mean they didn’t happen.”
Ray Answers: That’s true. But you are the one making the claim so the burden of proof lies with you. Provide observable and testable evidence and we will believe. Until that time you have no basis for your faith.
He wants a time machine!
There is plenty of basis for evolution 'faith', and for billions of years even if we are wrong about evolution.
YECs are not being sincere when asking for 'observable and testable evidence' beyond what is ALREADY available.
a_haworthroberts

Postby Peter Henderson » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:17 pm

Good review from a Christian perspective:

http://www.godofevolution.com/christian ... scientist/

I do believe a day is coming soon in which anti-evolutionary ideas will be mercifully swept into the dustbin of history, along with flat-earthism and geocentric cosmology. But every Christian is at fault if we let Banana Ray, K-Ham and the like drag the precious good news of Jesus down with them.
Peter Henderson

Postby a_haworthroberts » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:11 pm

Peter Henderson wrote:Good review from a Christian perspective:

http://www.godofevolution.com/christian ... scientist/

I do believe a day is coming soon in which anti-evolutionary ideas will be mercifully swept into the dustbin of history, along with flat-earthism and geocentric cosmology. But every Christian is at fault if we let Banana Ray, K-Ham and the like drag the precious good news of Jesus down with them.

I'm not sure whether Comfort has flagged this undated review on his Facebook page and sought to dismiss it - I don't recall seeing him mention it but he posts so much stuff on his Facebook page that I could have missed it.

Comfort HAS posted this on his page today:
"Richard Dawkins once said in an interview that if God exists, and he stood before Him, he would ask Him why He hid Himself. Such talk reveals his idolatry. His concept of what God is like is like that of a blind man thinking that our sun is like a blown 60 watt bulb. If you gravitate towards your own erroneous image of God (as Dawkins does), let me see if I can--with my limited English vocabulary try and explain what it will be like to stand before Him. Take the 100 most powerful lightning strikes, combine them into one massive bolt that strikes two feet in front of your face. Then multiply the terror you felt by a million, and you will have a tiny inkling of what it will be like to stand before the God who created lightning, and whom you have greatly offended by your sin."

All I get from that is confirmation that the Christian God DOES hide himself from most people while they are alive - but then consigns unbelievers to hell after they die, refusing to answer any questions from them first, and for the sin of doubting his existence (as well as any moral failures committed by the person).

It would seem that fundamentalists are defending a bully God who is looking for an excuse to punish as many people as possible.
a_haworthroberts

Re: Genesis 3D film

Postby a_haworthroberts » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:49 pm

http://www.wnd.com/2013/09/watch-evolut ... ble-in-3d/
http://www.genesismovie.com/genesismovie/share/
YECs have just discovered that God created in 3D. Despite speaking for years about us needing to wear biblical spectacles.
a_haworthroberts

Ray Comfort

Postby a_haworthroberts » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:06 pm

a_haworthroberts

Previous

Return to Conversations with Creationists