Jason Lisle - I was wrong, he is just like other YECs

Creationist bloggers can be infuriating. If one has infuriated you by persisting in nonsense even when corrected, or refusing to reply to your criiticsm, you may feel driven to recording the fact. If so, you may register your disapproval here and hope a response is forthcoming.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Jason Lisle - I was wrong, he is just like other YECs

Postby a_haworthroberts » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:37 am

Email sent to somebody at a US university who I hope MIGHT be the Jason K who has been posting under Lisle's blog this evening (and the message is also being sent to a Jason K who has posted some You Tube videos online):

Version 1
"Jason K S
I'm sending this in the hope that you might be the Jason K who has been commenting this evening under this Jason Lisle blog (and this message is also being sent to a Jason K who has posted some You Tube videos online). If you are a different Jason, please ignore this message.
http://www.jasonlisle.com/2013/03/27/it ... mment-3131
If so, full details of Jason Lisle's crawling over my posts and pretending I don't know much about science or creationism, general dishonesty towards me, and then his recent de facto censorship of rebuttals to his false claims about things I am alleged to have argued can all be found HERE:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3237&start=45
See in particular my attempted post, timed at 7.12 am on 23 April in the BCSE link, which Jason is apparently censoring, though so far he has ignored my email below which I am sure reached his email address(es).
I think Jason is behaving like a cult leader towards me. Instead of addressing my latest posts, he is instead posting propaganda for his followers. Specifically (at 10.22 am on 24 April):
"Hi all,
Have a look at the cartoon on this page:
http://www.answersingenesis.org/article ... ng-epithet
and see if it reminds you of anyone who recently posted on this blog."
I have NOT gone around saying that in discussions with Jason I 'won'. However, I am arguing that the post he is blocking EXPOSES his falsehoods to me and about me - if it did not he would publish it (minus any personal remarks he has decided - somewhat arbitrarily since he wrote "Let’s take a break from Ashley for a little while, shall we? Granted, his arguments have all the logical merit of a 2-year old throwing a temper tantrum. But even that can get irritating after a while" - are against the rules for his website).
Jason is also talking about me on his Facebook page - but IGNORING my query made to him there about whether I am now banned from posting under his blogs.
Mr Ashley Haworth-Roberts"

Version 2
"Jason K
I'm sending this in the hope that you might be the Jason K who has been commenting this evening under this Jason Lisle blog (and this message is also being sent as an email to a Jason K S who is a university academic). If you are a different Jason, please ignore this message.
http://www.jasonlisle.com/2013/03/27/it ... mment-3131
If so, full details of Jason Lisle's crawling over my posts and pretending I don't know much about science or creationism, general dishonesty towards me, and then his recent de facto censorship of rebuttals to his false claims about things I am alleged to have argued can all be found HERE:
See in particular my attempted post, timed at 7.12 am on 23 April in the BCSE link, which Jason is apparently censoring, though so far he has ignored my email below which I am sure reached his email address(es).
I think Jason is behaving like a cult leader towards me. Instead of addressing my latest posts, he is instead posting propaganda for his followers. Specifically (at 10.22 am on 24 April):
"Hi all,
and see if it reminds you of anyone who recently posted on this blog."
I have NOT gone around saying that in discussions with Jason I 'won'. However, I am arguing that the post he is blocking EXPOSES his falsehoods to me and about me - if it did not he would publish it (minus any personal remarks he has decided - somewhat arbitrarily since he wrote "Let’s take a break from Ashley for a little while, shall we? Granted, his arguments have all the logical merit of a 2-year old throwing a temper tantrum. But even that can get irritating after a while" - are against the rules for his website).
Jason is also talking about me on his Facebook page - but IGNORING my query made to him there about whether I am now banned from posting under his blogs.
Mr Ashley Haworth-Roberts"
a_haworthroberts

Postby a_haworthroberts » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:35 am

My enquiry to the other Jason K - I'm hopeful he is the right person whether or not he is also Jason K S at a university - can be read here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdNvCDq7 ... F7&index=8
a_haworthroberts

Postby a_haworthroberts » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:46 am

From brief info on his Facebook page, Lisle appears to be around 20 years younger than me (I'm 54 next month).

Over and Out.
a_haworthroberts

Postby Brian Jordan » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:27 am

a_haworthroberts wrote:LISLE at 10.22 am local time on 24 April:
"Hi all,
and see if it reminds you of anyone who recently posted on this blog".
What's with the picture at the top of that page - dinosaurs in TellyTubby land? Have they sailed there in an aethereal ark from the Flintstones?
"PPSIMMONS is an amorphous mass of stupid" - Rationalwiki
Brian Jordan
Forum Admin

Postby cathy » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:08 pm

What's with the picture at the top of that page - dinosaurs in TellyTubby land? Have they sailed there in an aethereal ark from the Flintstones?

TellyTubby land exists!!!! Honestly it did!

It is/was just outside Stratford Upon Avon where ragdoll productions also had the 'telly tubbies' shop. The location was top secret but I won a balloon trip and we flew over Telly Tubby land! The telly tubbies must have been inside swigging tubby custard and it looked to be heavily guarded by BBC lorries. But it was just as it was on't telly, I know I watched very many episodes.

I also saw Rosie and Jims boat on the River Avon in Stratford once, tho Rosie and Jim were not very present (nor ever very animated if I remember correctly).

Thats about it for me and famous people anecdotes I'm afraid.
cathy

Postby Atheoscanadensis » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:27 am

Don't be absurd, Brian. They arose from the dinosaur Kind that got off the ark and wandered to TellyTubby land to frolic with the antelope. In case you're wondering, there was also a TellyTubby Kind on the ark.
Atheoscanadensis

Postby cathy » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:15 am

Don't be absurd, Brian. They arose from the dinosaur Kind that got off the ark and wandered to TellyTubby land to frolic with the antelope. In case you're wondering, there was also a TellyTubby Kind on the ark.

Ooh no, the differences between even the most genial and fluffy of dinosaurs *(I'm thinking Barney here) and your average telly tubby would be suggestive of macroevolution beyond a kind, so they must have been on the ark, maybe with the gruffolo kind.

And yet careful observation of them in old documentaries (every weekday morning around the late 90s early 00s they were observed) revealed a definite lack of genitals so I can see what they arent' common anymore - bit of a design flaw for the old intelligent designer there I think. My guess is Tinky Winky and pals were 4000 years old and the last of their kind? The dinosaurs had certainly disappeared by the time the BBC got to them. Only rabbits were ever seen in tellytubby land.

Leaving the questions of how exactly they got from the middle east to Stratford? Their language skills were poor and the only method of transport was one scooter and their diet was tubby custard and toast. I wonder did they actually domesticate the dinosaurs and hitch a lift on their back?
cathy

Postby Peter Henderson » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:49 pm

Jason Lisle is Claire's dim bulb of the week:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... 0o3RQvdXXM

Interesting point. What does gravitational time dilation do to the E in E=MC2 (can't do superscript unfortunately).
Peter Henderson

Postby a_haworthroberts » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:13 pm

Will catch up with new posts here later. But the continuing cowardly and fraudulent behaviour of Lisle towards me has been briefly discussed with 'Tildeb' here:
http://leavingfundamentalism.wordpress. ... mment-4244

I've taken an on-screen photo of my post dated 24 April which Jason, I would hazard a guess, is NOT moderating - and which reads:
"Jason
Nice bit of propaganda – was that cartoon all your very own work?
My REAL position on you, your blog post, and how you respond to critical comments is shown here (my post at 6.09 pm BST on 24 April):
IF YOU HAVE ANY INTEREST IN THE TRUTH YOU WILL PUBLISH THIS RESPONSE.
And, if not, you won’t.
Assuming you dare even read my attempted posts.
Ashley"

I've also informed him of this.

I guess I must be on the receiving of some fundamentalist Christian discipline.
a_haworthroberts

Jason Lisle - ARBITRARY

Postby a_haworthroberts » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:13 pm

I have just posted the following for Jason to read, under this: http://www.jasonlisle.com/2013/03/27/it ... mment-3383

"Jason

Your continued failure to moderate all my recent posts (including one exposing how inappropriate your propaganda cartoon was in my case), indicating that you have banned me without even having the courtesy to inform me of the fact - much less give a reason for the ban or indicate whether it is permanent - is highly ARBITRARY behaviour. I can think of other adjectives too.

This post, which I trust you WILL read, is also being added here - a site where people who ask awkward questions are NOT censored and banned (some other people there MAY be rude to them but I try not to be), and where if any people lie it is acceptable (unlike on your site) to call them out on their lies by providing the details of how they did so.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3237&start=60

Your rather cultish blog site, where you seek to instruct your followers on what they should think of critics and their comments, is a place where dissent is scarcely tolerated. In my experience.

Ashley Haworth-Roberts"
a_haworthroberts

Postby a_haworthroberts » Thu May 02, 2013 12:55 am

And we welcome to our conference today SCARED J ONLY LIES, I'm sorry DR JASON LISLE YEC.

:)
a_haworthroberts

Email just sent to Lisle, Sorensen and Petersen

Postby a_haworthroberts » Sat May 11, 2013 9:35 pm

(Please see the Petersen thread for the context.)

JASON LISLE BANNED ME BECAUSE HE COULD NOT DEAL WITH MY POSTS

Jason Petersen
Bob Sorensen

https://www.facebook.com/Piltdown.Superman
"His antics did not do so well with Dr. Jason Lisle, who thoroughly refuted his "arguments":
http://www.jasonlisle.com/2013/03/27/it ... mment-3042
~CBB".

LOL

Your hero Jason Lisle did NOT refute my arguments, rather he MISREPRESENTED what I wrote. He then GAVE UP and resorted to censorship and impolite silence in response to my enquiries about his behaviour. All this was - I suggest - because the person doing the refuting was ME.

This childish behaviour is what young Earth creationists call 'victory'. But it's the only victory they will ever achieve when discussing science.

Jason's behaviour towards me since late April has also been arbitrary - the very thing he accuses his opponents of. See attached photos of a couple of my many unmoderated posts.

Ashley
a_haworthroberts

Postby a_haworthroberts » Thu May 16, 2013 6:56 pm

I was curious to see whether Lisle is also silently banning me from discussions about his previous blog posts. Indeed, that DOES appear to be the case.

I posted the following under this screed:
http://www.jasonlisle.com/2012/11/09/de ... f-our-age/
"Jason
You clearly put a lot of work into that post.
A more lazy blogger would have just written "I am opposed to science because the scientific method has shown us that the Bible does not present an infallible history of life, Earth and everything".
Ashley Haworth-Roberts"

but it is 'awaiting moderation' ha ha ha ha ha.
a_haworthroberts

Postby Brian Jordan » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:14 pm

Here's Prof. Colin Blakemore amusedly letting Jason Lisle make a fool of himself at Ham's Folly.
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=7c9_1330748783
From Channel 4, apparently.

EDIT: I've crossposted this to News and Links, thinking it merits wider exposure.
"PPSIMMONS is an amorphous mass of stupid" - Rationalwiki
Brian Jordan
Forum Admin

Postby a_haworthroberts » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:41 pm

Brian Jordan wrote:Here's Prof. Colin Blakemore amusedly letting Jason Lisle make a fool of himself at Ham's Folly.
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=7c9_1330748783
From Channel 4, apparently.

EDIT: I've crossposted this to News and Links, thinking it merits wider exposure.

I believe this interesting encounter took place four years' ago and occurred during the making of this TV programme:
http://www.channel4.com/programmes/chri ... /episode-7
a_haworthroberts

PreviousNext

Return to Conversations with Creationists