Jason Lisle - I was wrong, he is just like other YECs

Creationist bloggers can be infuriating. If one has infuriated you by persisting in nonsense even when corrected, or refusing to reply to your criiticsm, you may feel driven to recording the fact. If so, you may register your disapproval here and hope a response is forthcoming.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Jason Lisle - I was wrong, he is just like other YECs

Postby Brian Jordan » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:00 am

Thanks Ashley. I came across the clip on RatSkep - I don't recall the original series, it must have been just before I got a video recorder. I wish I'd seen it.
"PPSIMMONS is an amorphous mass of stupid" - Rationalwiki
Brian Jordan
Forum Admin

Postby a_haworthroberts » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:37 pm

This is what Lisle has been up to recently: http://thenaturalhistorian.com/2013/06/ ... the-earth/
a_haworthroberts

Postby theignored » Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:49 am

I've been commenting on Lisle's blog, and here is some of my responses to what he said to my previous comments.

Just noted that he's put his own comments into my reply. Long day....
theignored

Postby a_haworthroberts » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:53 pm

I've just commented about Lisle here:
http://sensuouscurmudgeon.wordpress.com ... /#comments

Also, I've seen this on the ICR's Facebook page:
"Dr. Jason Lisle and Dr. Randy Guliuzza will be speaking at the National Conference on Christian Apologetics in Indian Trail, NC.
Friday, October 11:
9:00 a.m. - 10:55 a.m. - Resolved: Astronomy Proves That The Universe is Billions of Years Old - a debate between Dr. Jason Lisle (Young Universe) & Dr. Hugh Ross (Old Universe)
11:10 a.m. - 12:10 p.m. - Engineered Adaptability: On the Overdue Course Correction in Intelligent Design Science - Dr. Randy Guliuzza
1:30 p.m. - 2:20 p.m. - Is there an Explanation for Earth's Geology that Everyone can Understand? - Dr. Randy Guliuzza
2:35 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. - Young Earth Presuppositionalism: How Does Our Apologetic Method Affect Our View of the Age of the Earth? - a panel discussion with Dr. Jason Lisle, Richard Howe, and K. Scott Oliphint
732 Indian Trail Fairview Road
Indian Trail, NC 28079".

The conference appears to be largely a YEC event - on Friday at least when 'God and Science' features prominently - though AiG have reservations about both Norman Geisler (one of those who established the seminary) and Ravi Zacharias. It's also - clearly - a white male speaker only event. It's being put on by the Southern Evangelical Seminary and Ravi Zacharias International Ministries:
http://conference.ses.edu/

This further link gives FULL details for both Friday and Saturday, should anyone be interested.
http://conference.ses.edu/schedule
a_haworthroberts

How Jason Lisle is SELECTIVE with scripture

Postby a_haworthroberts » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:00 pm

a_haworthroberts

Postby kyonsenkoku » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:42 pm

well if any of you guys care Jason Lisle has reopened his blog to commenting feel free to take a look at it
kyonsenkoku

Postby kyonsenkoku » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:48 pm

oh yeah and he got utterly humliated in the debate he had with Scott Oliplint that ashley had mentioned in last october
kyonsenkoku

Postby a_haworthroberts » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:11 pm

kyonsenkoku wrote:well if any of you guys care Jason Lisle has reopened his blog to commenting feel free to take a look at it

Thanks (I don't recall that Oliphant debate you mention, was that me commenting?).

Several days ago I sent the following comment to Jason, under his most recent blog post:
"Ashley Haworth-Roberts says:
Your comment is awaiting moderation.
March 25, 2014 at 8:10 pm
Jason Lisle – you are NOTORIOUS (see comment by John Arthur under this):
http://brucegerencser.net/2014/03/ken-h ... mment-8175"

I can still see it on my screen, as it 'awaits moderation', and I have just cut and pasted it.

But I doubt that anybody else will EVER see it on their screen since Jason will ignore it and it will not see the light of day on his blogsite.
a_haworthroberts

Postby kyonsenkoku » Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:06 am

you mentioned that he was appearing in a conferance with K.Scott Oliphint, as well i was filing through Jason's blog and found this really amusing comment http://www.jasonlisle.com/2013/03/27/it ... mment-3773
take a look at the ones above it to learn its context
kyonsenkoku

Postby a_haworthroberts » Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:27 am

My memory isn't perfect but I don't recall mentioning K Scott Oliphint either under one of Jason Lisle's blogs or anywhere else (prior to my above comment).

From an online search, it appears that both of them and a Richard Howe took part in a debate about 'Young Earth Presuppositionalism' during 2013:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4woxDHC5AU
a_haworthroberts

Postby kyonsenkoku » Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:59 am

you mentioned him and oliphint on this blog
kyonsenkoku

Postby a_haworthroberts » Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:55 am

kyonsenkoku wrote:you mentioned him and oliphint on this blog

Oh, you mean my post of 10 October above. It would have been useful if you had specified that post.
a_haworthroberts

Postby kyonsenkoku » Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:49 pm

ah well okay then, but Lisle's recent posts on his blog show that he hasnt changed one bit that he still believes the ususal nonsense that have been refuted many times over
kyonsenkoku

Postby Peter Henderson » Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:42 pm

kyonsenkoku wrote:ah well okay then, but Lisle's recent posts on his blog show that he hasnt changed one bit that he still believes the ususal nonsense that have been refuted many times over

His post on the deep time being the " God of this age" was totally bizarre to say the least. The man is a complete nut job:

http://www.jasonlisle.com/2012/11/09/de ... f-our-age/

Those Christians who want to believe in Deep Time along with the biblical God are being dreadfully inconsistent. They may claim that they serve the Lord alone, but by their actions they reveal that Deep Time is their primary god, and the Lord is secondary. We can tell this by the way they handle Scripture. For the Deep-Time-Christian, all Scripture is interpreted in light of the dictates of Deep Time. Thus, Deep Time is primary, and the Scriptures are secondary. Indeed, if the Scriptures were primary, then the individual would have to reject Deep Time as a false god (Exodus 20:3, Isaiah 45:5-6) and fictitious concept (Exodus 20:11)

It can be discouraging to see so many Christians attempting to serve the pagan god Deep Time.

But the bible says nothing about the age of the Earth so what's Lisle going on about ?????
Peter Henderson

Postby kyonsenkoku » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:48 pm

its just his fundamentlaist dogma nothing more then that peter
kyonsenkoku

Previous

Return to Conversations with Creationists