Jason Petersen young Earth creationist

Creationist bloggers can be infuriating. If one has infuriated you by persisting in nonsense even when corrected, or refusing to reply to your criiticsm, you may feel driven to recording the fact. If so, you may register your disapproval here and hope a response is forthcoming.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Jason Petersen young Earth creationist liar

Postby MisterGordons » Tue May 14, 2013 6:35 pm

Yeah, yeah. We know. All the creationists are evil, they all hate you and gang up on you, you're a victim, creationists are all wrong, evolutionists are always right, you never muck up, blah blah blah. Is anyone else as sick of your crying as I am? Get over yourself. You're not an atheist, no way. No god could be good enough for you. You are your own god, you are a narcissist. Go ahead, keep on saving science from evil. I found your picture on the web
MODERATOR NOTE:
I have removed the link because it is gratuitously offensive in itself and is in no way related to the topics of this forum
MisterGordons

Postby cathy » Tue May 14, 2013 7:15 pm

Yeah, yeah. We know. All the creationists are evil, they all hate you and gang up on you, you're a victim, creationists are all wrong, evolutionists are always right, you never muck up, blah blah blah. Is anyone else as sick of your crying as I am? Get over yourself. You're not an atheist, no way. No god could be good enough for you. You are your own god, you are a narcissist. Go ahead, keep on saving science from evil. I found your picture on the web

Creationists are always wrong! Simples. And not very nice either.
cathy

Mister Gordons - close disciple of Bob Sorensen?

Postby a_haworthroberts » Tue May 14, 2013 11:37 pm

MisterGordons wrote:Yeah, yeah. We know. All the creationists are evil, they all hate you and gang up on you, you're a victim, creationists are all wrong, evolutionists are always right, you never muck up, blah blah blah. Is anyone else as sick of your crying as I am? Get over yourself. You're not an atheist, no way. No god could be good enough for you. You are your own god, you are a narcissist. Go ahead, keep on saving science from evil. I found your picture on the web
MODERATOR NOTE:
I have removed the link because it is gratuitously offensive in itself and is in no way related to the topics of this forum

This is how YECs react when faced with facts.

Since you mention it, my photo can be found here:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/A3 ... cr_rdp_pdp

Is your photo available anywhere Mr G? If you have a page where it appears next to your name you could disprove the allegation (made here http://eyeonicr.wordpress.com/2013/01/3 ... /#comments) that you are Cowboy Bob INCOGNITO. :)
a_haworthroberts

Postby Peter Henderson » Wed May 15, 2013 12:40 am

The image was in bad taste and certainly offensive Ashley, so I'm glad it's been removed.

Someone who posts rubbish like this has little to offer any discussion forum. At least Marc was always courteous and polite when he posted here, even though we profoundly disagreed with him.

Likewise, I couldn't say anything about Paul Garner or Andrew Sibley when we engaged with them on Premier.

If it hadn't been removed I'd have requested the moderator to do so.
Peter Henderson

Postby a_haworthroberts » Wed May 15, 2013 2:48 am

I never saw the image, whatever it was.
a_haworthroberts

Postby jon_12091 » Wed May 15, 2013 11:23 am

MisterGordons wrote:Yeah, yeah. We know. All the creationists are evil, they all hate you and gang up on you, you're a victim, creationists are all wrong, evolutionists are always right, you never muck up, blah blah blah. Is anyone else as sick of your crying as I am? Get over yourself. You're not an atheist, no way. No god could be good enough for you. You are your own god, you are a narcissist. Go ahead, keep on saving science from evil. I found your picture on the web

Clearly I've missed that bit of Scripture which tells you to be gratuitously offensive towards those who disagree with you. I've previously noted that the 'fruits of the spirit' are commonly absent in creationists and its always dissapointing to see ones hypothesies confirmed. Its also nice to see you manage to wrong in you're little rant, "evolutionists" are wrong and in fact we publish whole books on the "muck ups". You never quite see the same level of introspection from creation science though do you?
'Young Earth Creationism' allowing atheists to prove the Bible is wrong since 1961.
jon_12091

Postby a_haworthroberts » Thu May 16, 2013 12:40 am

http://answersforhope.com/a-challenge-f ... mment-3566
I have just attempted to add the following comment under the above:

"Professor Tertius

“As to Mr. Ashley-Roberts, I’ve seen his posts on Amazon and have asked him about the status of this debate challenge. He appears to be actively debating all sorts of people on various venues so I’m surprised that this one would be any exception for him. So I’m curious to read what he says about this debate challenge from March.”

I have attempted to engage Jason in ad hoc discussions under his blog posts and at the BCSE community forum – but he clearly does not wish to take this forward at all (I’ve been censored at the former and Jason ran away from the latter). He says he will only participate in a ‘formal debate’ (of the kind which is in progress with Jon Francis). But I do not wish to defend various propositions put forward on ‘my’ behalf by the proposed other participant in some kind of time-consuming public debate.

I quote from my reply to Jason at 12.57 am UK time on 28.3.13:
“No, Jason, you are a serial liar who hides comments you cannot deal
with, and I am therefore NOT going to enter into ‘formal debates’ with
you about your blog post of 12 Feb or anything else. It would appear
that despite what I had already told you, you chose to write yet
another blog for your followers trying to cast me in a bad light and
make me appear indecisive or evasive. I have been trying to debate you
for weeks under your blogs – and you REFUSE. You call my posts
‘rubbish’ but also HIDE them from view”.
See: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3220&start=45

I consider Jason’s public repeated challenge to me this week to a (formal) debate to be simple posturing (it occurred after I tried to criticise some of his replies to Mr Francis and also his reaction to a critic at The Question Evolution Project facebook page). It is clear to me that he is already (a) busy and (b) experiencing resulting ‘time constraints’.

There is NO reason for me to reconsider my decision of 28 March.

As you may or may not know (I think I told you) when I entered debate here I was eventually CENSORED by Mr Lisle (he ignored all my posts from around 23 April instead of moderating them). This was after I systematically refuted his misleading claims about what I had already said or meant:
http://www.jasonlisle.com/2013/03/27/it ... gods-word/

Ashley"

[Edited post.]
a_haworthroberts

Postby a_haworthroberts » Thu May 16, 2013 1:56 am

Yep - censored by Jason again. Presumably he read my comments - which were addressed to this Prof not to him - before removing them.

He had better not imply again to his facebook fans/blog followers that he is still 'awaiting' my answer re a 'formal debate'. That would be rather unethical.
a_haworthroberts

Jason Petersen SERIAL YEC liar

Postby a_haworthroberts » Sat May 18, 2013 7:44 pm

And yes - infuriating.

http://answersforhope.com/a-challenge-f ... /#comments
"I just wanted to let you know that Ashley attempted to post(Which I sent to spam as usual.) and call you a “liar.” Apparently everyone who disagrees with Ashley is deemed a “liar.” I’d love to know what Ashley’s standard for truth is in his worldview."

NO, Jason. Anybody who lies through their teeth is deemed a 'liar', Jason. And SUCH a person was your silly friend Mister Gordons. Who claimed that I was 'spanked' ie refuted and shown to be wrong by YEC Tony Breeden HERE:
http://kcsg.wordpress.com/2010/10/05/an ... l-science/
Note the final part of the last comment by Tony Breeden at 10.03 pm on 3.11.10 US time (this was when he terminated the discussion as reported here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2436&hilit=popcorn&start=330)
"This argument has become disjointed and I’m satisfied that you aren’t really listening anyhow. I’ll not cast pearls."

Tony baled out of the discussion ie he brought it to an end PREMATURELY. Presumably because he was not 'winning' - and wanted rid of me.

Jason does not bother to check the facts. He just assumes that Mister Gordons is telling the truth and that I am not.

(I sent Tony an email in response - shown at this website - and he then briefly visited this site as 'Sirius Knott'.)
a_haworthroberts

Mister Gordons at Petersen blog

Postby a_haworthroberts » Mon May 20, 2013 12:00 am

"This argument has become disjointed and I’m satisfied that you aren’t really listening anyhow. I’ll not cast pearls." Tony Breeden at the end of this discussion:
http://kcsg.wordpress.com/2010/10/05/an ... l-science/

Having only looked again at this in detail after pointing out that Mister Gordons was lying in saying at the Petersen blog post mentioned above that I was 'spanked' by Breeden in 2010, I can see that 'Gordons' MAY have been genuinely confused. Breeden did not explicitly say in his final comment that he was terminating the discussion as he in fact did (it is implied). He probably wanted to create the impression among later readers of the discussion that I simply 'ran away'. The evidence on THIS website shows that I did not.

In any case, the claim by 'Gordons' that I was 'spanked' remains absolutely false.

Mr B tried to do this - but then had to get rid of me instead.
a_haworthroberts

Postby a_haworthroberts » Fri May 24, 2013 4:55 am

Comment as submitted here: http://answersforhope.com/debate-an-ath ... mment-4385

"Evidence doesn’t do an atheist a lick of good when they can’t account for knowledge."
Evidence doesn’t do a young Earth creationist a lick of good since they frequently just ignore it, or else pretend that it supports scripture as infallible history - when it clearly does not. (And these YECs frequently censor and name-call their critics whenever those critics point out a specific example of this - such as cases where YECs claim that eg dinosaur trackways 'confirm' that the creatures were 'trying to escape Noah's Flood'.)

"”That’s unfortunate, Mike. I was looking forward to future discussions with you. Then again, I’m no stranger to being blocked by a creationist. Personally I’ve never blocked anyone, but then when you’re always right about everything there’s no reason to silence other voices “
Remember folks, this is coming from JD, the guy has given up knowledge."

You and the people you hang out with are incredibly arrogant and bigoted Christians, Jason.

Speaking My Mind."
a_haworthroberts

Postby a_haworthroberts » Fri May 24, 2013 4:59 am

PS I was quoting Petersen's own words in my post just now. (He's just published a minimalist 'Part 2' as well.)
a_haworthroberts

Re: Jason Petersen et al

Postby a_haworthroberts » Fri May 24, 2013 3:02 pm

The way in which YECs like Petersen and Lisle act during debates about scientific evidence is to try and come up with loaded questions designed to demonstrate that their opponent's worldview is arbitrary, irrational, and unwittingly borrowing from an orthodox Christian worldview (the one that insists the universe is 6,000 years old based on scripture not evidence). I can see why they think this might help them in debates.

They ask questions like "how can you account for knowledge/scientific laws/mathematics in a godless, random, chance universe?" They hope their opponent will be stumped. The opponent can either say "I don't know why these exist but they do" (ie they are 'confused' and they are actually accepting the YEC Christian worldview which can 'account' for them), or "that's just the way things are" (ie they are being 'arbitrary'), or they can say "any universe will follow certain scientific laws which intelligent beings could discover and meanwhile mathematics is invariable universal" (ie they are again being 'arbitrary' and exercising a false faith because 'only' a universe created by God as described in the Bible would act according to scientific laws and obey mathematics).

But they cannot show that the godless or purely naturalistic universe (which they do not believe in because it is contrary to scripture) would be utter chaos - or that humanity could not even exist in such a universe.

See also my post at 2.37 pm here: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=3237&p=45484&hilit=astro#p45484
a_haworthroberts

Postby a_haworthroberts » Fri May 24, 2013 11:11 pm

http://answersforhope.com/a-conversatio ... physicist/

If Mat Hunt is still visiting this community forum he may wish to see that his arguments with Jason Petersen have been posted in a new blog by JP for all to see...
a_haworthroberts

Postby Peter Henderson » Sat May 25, 2013 12:03 am

a_haworthroberts wrote:http://answersforhope.com/a-conversation-with-matthew-hunta-physicist/

If Mat Hunt is still visiting this community forum he may wish to see that his arguments with Jason Petersen have been posted in a new blog by JP for all to see...

Sorenson has it on his Facebook page this evening Ashley.
Peter Henderson

PreviousNext

Return to Conversations with Creationists