Jason Petersen young Earth creationist

Creationist bloggers can be infuriating. If one has infuriated you by persisting in nonsense even when corrected, or refusing to reply to your criiticsm, you may feel driven to recording the fact. If so, you may register your disapproval here and hope a response is forthcoming.

Moderator: Moderators

Re:

Postby a_haworthroberts » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:48 pm

As I've already mentioned to Brian by PM and then email, I subsequently got shut out of this site entirely and was prompted by another on-screen statement to contact NativeSpace as I had to do back in the Spring. NativeSpace have informed me that "We have unblocked the IP address now".
a_haworthroberts

Re: Jason Petersen and Bob Sorensen

Postby a_haworthroberts » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:30 pm

More moaning from Petersen on his blog page:
http://answersforhope.com/more-examples ... /#comments

And Sorensen has posted a bilious pack of lies underneath it. Where he ably describes his own unpleasant behaviour - but attributes it to any and all 'hypocritical atheists'. "they cannot defeat you in a structured debate ...". "they have no reasoning skills...". "cowardly bigots ...". "all they have left are personal attacks...". "they are displaying the intellectual and character flaws that they are accusing you of having...". I'd hate to catch him on a bad day.
a_haworthroberts

Re: Jason Petersen young Earth creationist liar

Postby mathunt » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:25 am

I'm not going to bother engaging with Petersen. I think he's become a hateful stalker of mine and that he's shown himself to have absolutely no integrity at all.
mathunt

Postby Peter Henderson » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:57 am

mathunt wrote:I'm not going to bother engaging with Petersen. I think he's become a hateful stalker of mine and that he's shown himself to have absolutely no integrity at all.

As I have said Matthew, they're desperate to turn this into an "evolution vs God" scenario, and an "Atheist vs Christian" type battle. Given that many Christians, including evangelicals, reject YECism and accept contemporary science, were does that leave Petersen and Sorenson ?

I'm glad you haven't taken the bait with these two. Better to stick with physics and forget about whether or not God does or doesn't exist.

Both seem to be nasty pieces of work, in my opinion.
Peter Henderson

Postby mathunt » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:24 am

I agree, Petersen and his fan club have absolutely no morals whatsoever.
mathunt

Postby cathy » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:25 pm

I agree, Petersen and his fan club have absolutely no morals whatsoever.

Not just Peterson and his loony pals but all YECs. It is a morally bankrupt ideology that seems to suck the morals from anyone it touches. There are no good YECs.
cathy

Postby mathunt » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:43 pm

I agree, Jason Petersen who watches this forum by the way seems to be doing what he is accusing other people of. I thought I would pop over to see if has got anything else on and he's really got the stalking down to a fine at.
mathunt

Postby mathunt » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:59 pm

As you know, I am a physicist rather than a psychologist BUT someone I am in a facebook group with made the following psychological observatons about Petersen:
Jason supposedly is 27 or somewhere around that age. He comes across, to me anyway, that he has the life experience of a 16 year old and the intelligence maturity of a 10 year old. I think he's led a self-imposed sheltered life and he is starting to realize he has no noteworthy accomplishments. For him, his religious fervor is fueled by his desire to hide behind what he perceives a just cause that gives meaning to his otherwise mundane life. What we know about him is he has no finished education, works in the lower position of customer service, and his real life friends and family, from what I understand, are starting to shun him due to his newfound love for religious rhetoric.

So he seeks validation by ascribing to us various stereotypes, blatant falsehoods, and seeks the comfort of those he's got online (Sorensen, Winters, etc). He still lives with his parents or other family (easily deduced by the home he's in when he makes the videos).
This isn't about religion for him as much as it is about the feeling of personal accomplishment. And what better thing to pick up than faith? What is more intoxicating for a man like him than the prospect of passing the buck to his god, relinquishing control of his destiny to his god, and dealing with a realm of sophistry, endless philosophical rhetoric and generally something that is too slippery to challenge head-on by most people.

I think it's quite accurate personally.
mathunt

Postby InfernalTank » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:14 pm

a_haworthroberts wrote:Petersen is complaining:
http://answersforhope.com/more-examples ... r-honesty/

I'm in that one too!

I don't think they realized that by "smacking" I meant "debate".
InfernalTank

Postby a_haworthroberts » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:31 pm

a_haworthroberts

Re: Jason Petersen

Postby a_haworthroberts » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:33 pm

A YEC - partly on the back of the an article from the ID website Evolution News and Views - criticising a new paper by Richard Lenski:
http://answersforhope.com/some-scientis ... mutations/
a_haworthroberts

Re: Jason Petersen lets rip

Postby a_haworthroberts » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:41 pm

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Atheism- ... 1873982784
"An accurate definition for atheism:
A delusion that is used to help people who are in rebellion from God find comfort.
~Jason"

I see that Nate Franklin challenged the description of atheists as 'selfish' - made at the start of the thread by an angry-looking person named Ron - and has been censored for his pains. "Atheism is the opiate of the selfish" Ron wrote.

"I just cleaned up the troll droppings. Carry on. ~Jason"

What arrogance.

Jason trying to be like the Christian God?
a_haworthroberts

Re:

Postby a_haworthroberts » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:55 am

Comment as submitted (challenging Paul Taylor rather than Jason) on this blog post:
http://answersforhope.com/religion-is-t ... -creation/

""Genesis 1 says nothing about how light in each of those bodies is ‘created,’” Taylor said.“ Further confirmation that Genesis 1 is not science but guesswork. ""The reflective properties of the moon are hinted at elsewhere, [and] other properties are mentioned, such as the 28-day lunar month (Ecclesiastes 3)..."". I've just looked at that chapter (NIV Bible) and I could see no such thing.

(The stuff from Taylor and Hovind here is complete hot air in conflating scripture with science: http://christiannews.net/2013/09/16/rel ... -creation/)
a_haworthroberts

Re: Re:

Postby a_haworthroberts » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:47 pm

a_haworthroberts wrote:Comment as submitted (challenging Paul Taylor rather than Jason) on this blog post:
http://answersforhope.com/religion-is-t ... -creation/

""Genesis 1 says nothing about how light in each of those bodies is ‘created,’” Taylor said.“ Further confirmation that Genesis 1 is not science but guesswork. ""The reflective properties of the moon are hinted at elsewhere, [and] other properties are mentioned, such as the 28-day lunar month (Ecclesiastes 3)..."". I've just looked at that chapter (NIV Bible) and I could see no such thing.

(The stuff from Taylor and Hovind here is complete hot air in conflating scripture with science: http://christiannews.net/2013/09/16/rel ... -creation/)

Oh look, I've been censored by the overly-sensitive Jason. Again. He cannot censor me here.
a_haworthroberts

Re:

Postby a_haworthroberts » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:10 pm

Right at the end of this Jason encourages viewers to check out this thread. And pronounces my surname correctly.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDAWyNJ9hZE

EDIT: I could only find this video on You Tube and at The Question Evolution Project and Atheism on the Slide. NOT on the Answers for Hope website. At You Tube all comments have been disabled.

When Jason read out the title of this thread, which he encouraged people to look at, Chris McCann started laughing briefly. However it is unclear whether he - or Evan Osborne - have actually read any of the thread themselves.
a_haworthroberts

PreviousNext

Return to Conversations with Creationists