YEC Bob Sorensen - compulsive liar exposed

Creationist bloggers can be infuriating. If one has infuriated you by persisting in nonsense even when corrected, or refusing to reply to your criiticsm, you may feel driven to recording the fact. If so, you may register your disapproval here and hope a response is forthcoming.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: YEC Bob Sorensen - timeline

Postby jon_12091 » Mon May 27, 2013 4:44 pm

jon_12091 wrote:
a_haworthroberts wrote:Put Up or Shut Up.


My guess he'll do neither... Seeing as he's just a cheerleader (I'm giving the benefit of the doubt on the sock puppet-thing for now) for another unquestioning cheerleader of 'creation science'. Who based on a quick Google is clearly incapable of actually defending what he writes or perhaps just copies, has a habit of disassembling and slagging people off. Perhaps while he's at it Mr Gordens would like to quote chapter and verse on what makes that acceptable behaviour?

5 days later!
*tumbleweed*
'If I can shoot rabbits then I can shoot fascists'
Miners against fascism.
Hywel Francis
User avatar
jon_12091
 
Posts: 1476
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:59 pm

Re: YEC Bob Sorensen - timeline

Postby delevin » Mon May 27, 2013 5:39 pm

a_haworthroberts wrote:http://www.piltdownsuperman.com/2013/05 ... n-and.html
"The science is on our side."
No - you have to SHOW that, not preach that.



Isn't it amazing that they don't understand this?
delevin
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed May 15, 2013 8:14 pm

Re: YEC Bob Sorensen - timeline

Postby InfernalTank » Tue May 28, 2013 7:26 pm

a_haworthroberts wrote:
InfernalTank wrote:http://puu.sh/31VQ5.png

Well, the fact that you are a lying, condescending, name caller is one thing...


I'm assuming you must be Nate F - I received a Facebook email regarding him but the name meant little.

/quote]

Yep!
InfernalTank
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 1:51 am

Re: YEC Bob Sorensen - timeline

Postby a_haworthroberts » Tue May 28, 2013 10:38 pm

Are there any private hospitals set up by YEC anti-evolutionists in the US or elsewhere? Where any evolutionary beliefs by surgeons and clinicians are banned?
http://www.piltdownsuperman.com/2013/05 ... e-bad.html
a_haworthroberts
 
Posts: 8749
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:49 am
Location: United Kingdom

Re: YEC Bob Sorensen - timeline

Postby InfernalTank » Wed May 29, 2013 12:13 am

People who delete comments probably aren't all that confident in their position.
InfernalTank
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 1:51 am

Re: YEC Bob Sorensen - timeline

Postby Roger Stanyard » Wed May 29, 2013 10:03 am

a_haworthroberts wrote:Are there any private hospitals set up by YEC anti-evolutionists in the US or elsewhere? Where any evolutionary beliefs by surgeons and clinicians are banned?
http://www.piltdownsuperman.com/2013/05 ... e-bad.html


The Seventh Day Adventists have long been involved in healthcare. It's Loma Linda University is pretty highly regarded in that respect and Kellogg's Cornflakes originates with the SDAs.
Those who believe absurdities will commit atrocities - Voltaire
User avatar
Roger Stanyard
Forum Admin
 
Posts: 6162
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:59 pm

Re: YEC Bob Sorensen - timeline

Postby Brian Jordan » Wed May 29, 2013 10:06 am

a_haworthroberts wrote:Are there any private hospitals set up by YEC anti-evolutionists in the US or elsewhere? Where any evolutionary beliefs by surgeons and clinicians are banned?
http://www.piltdownsuperman.com/2013/05 ... e-bad.html
Not directly related, but this shows what might be possible: a couple of years ago there was a fuss in one or more London medical schools when Muslim students demanded that questions on evolution be removed from their exam papers, on religious grounds. AFAIK they were slapped down although maybe they skipped the lectures anyway. Maybe when and if they qualified they might find a happier home in a hospital somewhere in the USA.
As for the fake fossil's argument, he's just calling for a return to the uneducated barber-surgeons of old. No doubt he'd like medical students not to "waste" their time getting a grounding in physics, chemistry and the rest of biology as well. Taking them straight into medical school from the church kindergarten, probably.
"PPSIMMONS is an amorphous mass of stupid" - Rationalwiki
User avatar
Brian Jordan
Forum Admin
 
Posts: 4215
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:59 pm

Re: YEC Bob Sorensen - timeline

Postby delevin » Wed May 29, 2013 10:57 pm

Roger Stanyard wrote:
a_haworthroberts wrote:Are there any private hospitals set up by YEC anti-evolutionists in the US or elsewhere? Where any evolutionary beliefs by surgeons and clinicians are banned?
http://www.piltdownsuperman.com/2013/05 ... e-bad.html


The Seventh Day Adventists have long been involved in healthcare. It's Loma Linda University is pretty highly regarded in that respect and Kellogg's Cornflakes originates with the SDAs.


That was where a heart surgeon transplanted a baboon heart into baby Fae, the infant who died three days later. When asked why he chose a baboon heart rather than, say, a chimp heart, which is evolutionarily closer, his reply was that he does not "believe in evolution".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baby_Fae
delevin
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed May 15, 2013 8:14 pm

Re: YEC Bob Sorensen - timeline

Postby a_haworthroberts » Wed May 29, 2013 11:52 pm

More hot air from Cowboy Bob (no doubt Jason would censor any responses by Mat in the interests of unfairness):
http://answersforhope.com/debate-jason- ... /#comments
http://answersforhope.com/a-conversatio ... /#comments
a_haworthroberts
 
Posts: 8749
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:49 am
Location: United Kingdom

Cowboy Bob has comprehension problems

Postby a_haworthroberts » Thu May 30, 2013 5:16 pm

http://www.piltdownsuperman.com/2013/05 ... rules.html
"Someone insisted that both "science" and "evolution"* are the same thing." I very much doubt it. Their words "evolution is *absolutely* science" simply indicated that evolution is scientific or a scientific theory or part of science. Not the crude YEC strawman that evolutionists are claiming that 'evolution' is the new word for 'science' or that 'all' science is to do with evolution or evolutionary theory. It would seem that although Bob may have felt 'intimidated' there was in reality no reason for the other person's words to be regarded as intimidatory. He or she was merely saying that evolution is not pseudo-science or mythology but rather a sometimes testable (and so far not falsified) SCIENTIFIC theory.

Some of Bob's general arguments here make perfect sense. However, I suggest that all those untruthful young Earther creationists who gush "I love science" should take Bob's advice and DEFINE what exactly they mean by 'science' whenever they make this statement. Since they detest most science textbooks used in the education system, they clearly are using a very different definition of 'science' to their critics.

However, whilst Cowboy Bob claims that his critics are "not interested in being rational", in my own case I am strongly of the opinion that when I contacted him by email about his blog/facebook/book review/comment claims in various places he immediately dismissed my attempts to ask questions in a highly irrational and rather ill-tempered manner - using words such as 'spamming' and 'trolling', indulging in name-calling, and saying that I was merely sending him 'unwanted opinions'.

The evidence of his behaviour towards me (and others who I do not in general seek to defend as some people MAY troll his facebook page) is here on this website.



* He should be using single quotes.
a_haworthroberts
 
Posts: 8749
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:49 am
Location: United Kingdom

Re: YEC Bob Sorensen - timeline

Postby Peter Henderson » Thu May 30, 2013 7:53 pm

Had a quick word with Bob on Facebook yesterday Ashley. What a thoroughly nasty little man.

All the usual stuff. What Bob fails to realise is that young Earth creationism isn't Christianity, and this isn't a fight between Atheists and Christians.

I'd love to know exactly on what basis he thinks we are saved.
Peter Henderson
 
Posts: 4350
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:07 pm
Location: Jordanstown, Co. Antrim, Northern Ireland

Re: YEC Bob Sorensen - timeline

Postby a_haworthroberts » Thu May 30, 2013 10:28 pm

In fact I think I missed part of his blog post earlier (not the bit he mentions at facebook that he added later):
http://www.piltdownsuperman.com/2013/05 ... t=FaceBook

"I support the teaching of science and not the mythology of creationism."

The person quoted here is NOT 'erroneously equivocating' science with evolution, they are simply expressing the self-evident truism that creationism (notably the YEC kind) is NOT science - it consists of denialism, 'fitting' evidence to pre-determined conclusions, and untestable claims of supernatural existence and intervention. The theory of evolution is PART of science NOT the whole of science, Bob!
a_haworthroberts
 
Posts: 8749
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:49 am
Location: United Kingdom

Re: YEC Bob Sorensen - timeline

Postby theealex » Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:21 pm

Bob is so filled with hatred for me he can't even bring himself to attribute that quote about the lack of the supernatural to its correct source. I'm most amused that he thinks that only sticking to what is 'real' makes me some how mentally ill.
theealex
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:17 pm

Re: YEC Bob Sorensen - timeline

Postby a_haworthroberts » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:46 pm

https://www.facebook.com/Piltdown.Superman
"He's too busy flinging poo from the safety of Diaper Fillers - FB Division to offer an intelligent response. Epithets, circular reasoning, insults, bluster and lies, yes. Reason? Not a bit. -CBB"

Cowboy Bob seems to be on form today.
a_haworthroberts
 
Posts: 8749
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:49 am
Location: United Kingdom

Re: YEC Bob Sorensen - timeline

Postby theealex » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:50 pm

He conveniently makes no mention of the fact that I'm banned from all of their pages, and blocked from posting on Jason's site, so am unable to actually point out the simple fact that makes omniscience and omnipotence mutually exclusive (that being all knowing means one knows with perfect foresight what one will do next, for eternity - meaning one cannot change one's mind....therefore not all powerful)
theealex
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:17 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Conversations with Creationists

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron