YEC Bob Sorensen - compulsive liar exposed

Creationist bloggers can be infuriating. If one has infuriated you by persisting in nonsense even when corrected, or refusing to reply to your criiticsm, you may feel driven to recording the fact. If so, you may register your disapproval here and hope a response is forthcoming.

Moderator: Moderators

Re:

Postby a_haworthroberts » Tue May 21, 2013 4:52 pm

Perhaps Ken Ham should rename his organisation Answers added to Genesis?
a_haworthroberts

Re: YEC Bob Sorensen - timeline

Postby Brian Jordan » Tue May 21, 2013 6:08 pm

ACLINSLEY wrote:http://jandyongenesis.blogspot.com/2013/05/yec-dogma-is-not-biblical.html
Hello, welcome to the forum. I've put a pointer to your post in the Scripture forum in case people browsing there don't watch this forum.
"PPSIMMONS is an amorphous mass of stupid" - Rationalwiki
Brian Jordan
Forum Admin

Postby a_haworthroberts » Tue May 21, 2013 6:30 pm

More evidence that Sorensen is an idiot:
http://www.piltdownsuperman.com/2013/05 ... saurs.html
"Of the billions of fossils, the overwhelming majority are shallow marine organisms, trees, plants, algae and so on. This is testimony to catastrophic flooding."

Of course - Noah's Flood would mostly kill marine organisms and algae rather than land-dwelling mammals. Wouldn't it?

If you are a wilfully ignorant and logically challenged YEC dogmatist.

The other apologetics author quoted is having trouble reconciling REALITY with what he ASSUMES the Bible tells us ...
a_haworthroberts

Postby Brian Jordan » Tue May 21, 2013 6:52 pm

a_haworthroberts wrote:
SuperBob wrote:"Of the billions of fossils, the overwhelming majority are shallow marine organisms, trees, plants, algae and so on."
Yes, I think that's a fairly good approximation to describing life on Earth. Hence to describing the fossil record. There weren't many dinosaurs. Not even many Flintstones. Especially at the same time. :roll:
"PPSIMMONS is an amorphous mass of stupid" - Rationalwiki
Brian Jordan
Forum Admin

Postby theealex » Tue May 21, 2013 9:54 pm

delevin wrote:
theealex wrote:Mr Gordons and Bob Sorensen are the same person. I don't know why he keeps using all these transparent sockpuppets.

Is that true? What is the supporting evidence?

Bob/MrGordons is the only person I've ever encountered who misunderstands what a Poe is. They/he repeatedly demonstrates this unique misunderstanding when discussing Poes - that's why I am certain that they are one and the same person.
theealex

Postby delevin » Tue May 21, 2013 10:30 pm

theealex wrote:
delevin wrote:
theealex wrote:Mr Gordons and Bob Sorensen are the same person. I don't know why he keeps using all these transparent sockpuppets.

Bob/MrGordons is the only person I've ever encountered who misunderstands what a Poe is. They/he repeatedly demonstrates this unique misunderstanding when discussing Poes - that's why I am certain that they are one and the same person.

What does he think a Poe is?
delevin

Postby a_haworthroberts » Tue May 21, 2013 11:52 pm

Aron Ra at TQEP Facebook page:
"I see your symbol is a jack-booted thug disabling an advocate of reason with a violent threat. I'll give you this, it is an appropriate way to represent what you guys do."
Doubtless that will shortly be removed from view. Readers will then just get the 'rebuttal' by TQEP:
"You're actually lying. Evolution is the thug attacking reason. Your twisting of the meaning is patently absurd, disingenous and laughable. Typical of atheist trolls."
a_haworthroberts

Postby MisterGordons » Wed May 22, 2013 11:32 am

a_haworthroberts wrote:More evidence that Sorensen is an idiot:
http://www.piltdownsuperman.com/2013/05 ... saurs.html
"Of the billions of fossils, the overwhelming majority are shallow marine organisms, trees, plants, algae and so on. This is testimony to catastrophic flooding."

Of course - Noah's Flood would mostly kill marine organisms and algae rather than land-dwelling mammals. Wouldn't it?

If you are a wilfully ignorant and logically challenged YEC dogmatist.

The other apologetics author quoted is having trouble reconciling REALITY with what he ASSUMES the Bible tells us ...

Srsly? You have to misrepresent the early part of the article? Pitiful. Desperate for excuses to cry, actually.
MisterGordons

Postby MisterGordons » Wed May 22, 2013 11:36 am

theealex wrote:
delevin wrote:

Alex Botten has a reputation on the web and it's bad. Not only is he a thief and a liar, but famous for making remarks up and believing his own rubbish. This is because he wants negative attention, what with being a failed musician and even worse artist, so he attacks and stalks xians.
MODERATOR NOTE: It's bad enough to bandy about the word "liar" but sadly it's commonplace. However, labelling another forum member a thief is totally unacceptable. Since you've already posted that disgraceful link to a Trisomy21 sufferer, this makes two strikes. One more and you are banned.
To all: do not discuss this moderation on the forum. Use a PM if you wish to.

Brian Jordan

With two massive narcissistic egos, botten and ashley, in the same forum, BCSE will explode once they struggle for attention.
MisterGordons

Postby MisterGordons » Wed May 22, 2013 11:37 am

delevin wrote:

Who needs evidence? ppl are happy to believe something dreadful about someone they hate. Proof is unimportant.
MisterGordons

Postby theealex » Wed May 22, 2013 12:33 pm

MisterGordons wrote:

Alex Botten has a reputation on the web and it's bad. Not only is he a thief and a liar, but famous for making remarks up and believing his own rubbish. This is because he wants negative attention, what with being a failed musician and even worse artist, so he attacks and stalks xians.

With two massive narcissistic egos, botten and ashley, in the same forum, BCSE will explode once they struggle for attention.

There you go, all the evidence you need that Bob is Mr Gordons.
theealex

Postby theealex » Wed May 22, 2013 12:37 pm

In answer to the previous question - Bob repeatedly says that 'Atheists have their own Poes', seemingly unaware that this would mean that there were Christian's pretending to be atheists....instead Bob thinks it means that there are atheists who are *SO* atheist they come across as parodies of atheism - which is not what a Poe is at all.

'Mr Gordons' is the only other person I've EVER encountered online who also makes this error repeatedly, and given that he only ever appears online to defend Sorensen, I think we can safely and with certainty state that he is a sockpuppet of Bob Sorensen.
theealex

Postby jon_12091 » Wed May 22, 2013 9:01 pm

MisterGordons wrote:Proof is unimportant.

So we've noticed! Care to actually debate the 'science' or are you just here to make ad hominem arguments or otherwise accuse others of doing the same?

So how about continent erosion and the global flood model as recently featured on "Evolutionary Truth" blog?
Michael J. Ord wrote:The Siwalik Formation is divided up into lower, middle, and upper members. There is a general increase in the sedimentary particle size with increasing elevation. The lower member and most of the middle member are composed of alternating shale, mudstone, siltstone, and sandstone. The middle member has sections of conglomerate up to 500 m thick, and the upper member is composed of about 1,000 m of mostly conglomerate.

Care to explain the presence of pedogenic surfaces in the piedmont drainage facies immediately below the upper conglomerates? Odd thing to find in the middle of global flood?

Michael J. Ord misrepresenting Uniformitarianism wrote:I am aware most mainstream geologists consider themselves ‘actualists’ and not uniformitarians. Actualism is similar to uniformitarianism except that the former believe in a few large catastrophes sprinkled throughout earth history, such as meteorite impacts.

Wrong, and somewhat ironic when you consider creationist's quote mining of Agar, but then they don't want Thursday afternoons on some beach! Catastrophism has to be global!
Michael J. Ord wrote:They also admit that the present is not necessarily the key to the past, but that geology must always believe natural processes operated in the past.

So unprovable supernatural processes operated in the past? Omphalos and God is a deceiver?
Ord virtually admitting to misrepresentation wrote:I believe this philosophical point of view (i.e. naturalism) can be used as an excuse when deductions from the rocks and fossils are contradicted by present processes. But since few people understand the distinction between actualism and uniformitarianism, I will continue using the term ‘uniformitarianism’, especially since this latter doctrine was the philosophical principle used in geology to throw out the Flood

Few people understand the distinction - excuses, excuses!
'If I can shoot rabbits then I can shoot fascists'
Miners against fascism.
Hywel Francis
jon_12091

The Deny Evolution Project

Postby a_haworthroberts » Wed May 22, 2013 10:10 pm

https://www.facebook.com/Piltdown.Superman
Plentiful arrogance from TQEP in the discussion under this silly post (I say 'discussion' but all contrary views have been blatantly censored, and the contributors called unpleasant names):
http://www.piltdownsuperman.com/2013/05 ... t=FaceBook

"We'll allow some forms, and discussion, but not atheists trying to bash us with bad logic and their condescending assertions. I think Ashley got there about 15 minutes ahead of me ~CBB".
What nonsense. Cowboy Bob never tolerates discussion and debate. Nor does anybody else at TQEP as far as I can see.
a_haworthroberts

Postby a_haworthroberts » Wed May 22, 2013 10:18 pm

I am now convinced that Mister Gordons is either Cowboy Bob Sorensen or a very close ally and mouthpiece for him. Sorensen has had a number of run-ins with Botten.

Apparently Mister Gordons went on a charm offensive, but nobody noticed.
a_haworthroberts

PreviousNext

Return to Conversations with Creationists