YEC Bob Sorensen - compulsive liar exposed

Creationist bloggers can be infuriating. If one has infuriated you by persisting in nonsense even when corrected, or refusing to reply to your criiticsm, you may feel driven to recording the fact. If so, you may register your disapproval here and hope a response is forthcoming.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: YEC Bob Sorensen - timeline

Postby a_haworthroberts » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:32 pm

PS I was NOT quoting from THIS community forum.
a_haworthroberts

Postby Peter Henderson » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:47 pm

I've had a stressful week and I seem to be getting as much criticism from BCSE contributors (you, Paul Braterman and Alex) as from lying creationists

I think Brian was simply pointing out that it's better to use the quote facility when posting Ashley as it makes things a bit easier to read, which would make sense.

I don't think he was specifically getting at you (Brian's had to insert quotes on other posts).
Peter Henderson

Postby a_haworthroberts » Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:01 am

Peter Henderson wrote:
I've had a stressful week and I seem to be getting as much criticism from BCSE contributors (you, Paul Braterman and Alex) as from lying creationists

I think Brian was simply pointing out that it's better to use the quote facility when posting Ashley as it makes things a bit easier to read, which would make sense.

I don't think he was specifically getting at you (Brian's had to insert quotes on other posts).

Peter

But can the quote facility (top right) be used when the post being quoted is not from this community forum (I did use speech marks)?

Hope Brian got my PM OK incidentally (the first attempt failed I think).
a_haworthroberts

Postby Peter Henderson » Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:24 am

I don't think so Ashley.

However, you can highlight text from other forum's/blogs, copy and paste, and then use the quote facility at the top when posting a reply, or even manually insert quote yourself i.e. You don't always need to use the quote icon on the top right.

Bob has somehow managed to stop anyone copying and pasting text from his blog, though.
Peter Henderson

Postby a_haworthroberts » Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:33 am

Though it would be possible to insert text from elsewhere after clicking on it, I'm assuming the Quote box is intended only for material from HERE - as otherwise it might not be clear that quoted material wasn't from here if the contributor failed to explain or provide a link (I did provide the link but as I was rushing I did not say precisely where the words could be found).
a_haworthroberts

Postby Peter Henderson » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:06 am

a_haworthroberts wrote:Though it would be possible to insert text from elsewhere after clicking on it, I'm assuming the Quote box is intended only for material from HERE - as otherwise it might not be clear that quoted material wasn't from here if the contributor failed to explain or provide a link (I did provide the link but as I was rushing I did not say precisely where the words could be found).

You can manually "quote" text from anywhere Ashley.

Simply highlight the text and the click quote (it's the fourth one along after B( Bold), i(Italics) and U (underline). Or you can simply type the quote tags in yourself and it'll come up as a quote anyway i.e. type [, the the word quote, then ] at the start, and [, then /quote and ] at the end. I think this is what Brian was getting at.

If it's from another website I simply put the link below, although you can do the old hyperlink thing . I'm not sure how to do this, but it's the icon next to image (img) i.e URL. I'm not quite sure how to insert an imahe either.
Peter Henderson

Postby Brian Jordan » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:57 am

Sorry Ashley, I didn't realise you didn't know how to put in custom quotes. If need be, you can do it entirely manually by putting {quote] and {/quote} around the pasted text. (I've had to replace the square brackets with curly to stop it thinking I'm quoting)
Perhaps more important, you can indicate whom you are quoting by adding their name inside "", like [quote="Dastardly Creationist"]
As for Sorensen, I believe it's possible to disable CTRL/C on a web page and no doubt that applies to COPY as well. I'll have a look.
"PPSIMMONS is an amorphous mass of stupid" - Rationalwiki
Brian Jordan
Forum Admin

Postby Brian Jordan » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:13 am

Yes, this is what RationalWiki has to asy:
Sorenson is all show and bluster, challenging opponents to debates but never following through.[2] (Many are the times when he’s told atheists that he’d give them "a spanking" if they were face-to-face with him, but any attempt to meet him in a live debate is met with a sudden attack of shyness.[2]) He can't handle criticism, so he disables comments on his blogs and Facebook pages, and he's apparently so terrified of people quoting his own words that he uses JavaScript to disable selecting or copying any text on his blogs.
(my bold) http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Bob_Sorensen
However, I've just captured this bit of text from his blog. This is exactly as it pasted (without the garish colour) :)
Starring Richard Dawkins, Sam "Ben
Stiller" Harris, Charles Darwin, and
everybody's hero, Piltodown Superman!
I'll PM you to explain how I did it.
Brian Jordan
Forum Admin

Postby a_haworthroberts » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:02 am

"Perhaps more important, you can indicate whom you are quoting by adding their name inside "", like [quote="Dastardly Creationist"]".

I'll try to remember to do that, as I haven't quite got my brain or what's left of it around the most recent comments here about using Quotes.
a_haworthroberts

Postby theealex » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:11 pm

a_haworthroberts wrote:Alex

Thanks for the advice. However, my role in this (very recent disagreements with Jason) has been more reactive than pro-active. And you have written blog posts about both of them (and Jason about you) http://anatheistviewpoint.wordpress.com/!

However, I DO want an end to it. I DID suggest a 'truce' earlier this week.

On your claim that Mr/Mister Gordons is Bob - I'm reminded you made it here on 2 February http://eyeonicr.wordpress.com/2013/01/3 ... debunking/ - what do you base your claim on?

Ashley

Yeah, I've written about both of them, which is why I know from experience that they are not worth dealing with.

I base my claim that Mr Gordons and Bob are the same person on the fact that Mr Gordons only ever turns up to defend Bob (or attack his 'enemies') and has never shown any signs of existing outside of Bob's head. Bob has form in this area, having previously invented a female blogger called Rhomphia, and a hilariously poorly sketched 'blokey bloke' persona called Nicky Andolini.
theealex

Postby theealex » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:27 pm

Use this link to see Bob's blog, it links to the mobile version, where none of his scripting shenanigans work http://stormbringer005.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

Ashley, Bob is nothing but a troll, he gets off on negative reactions and so deliberately seeks them out. Yes, he's a pathological liar, grotesquely un-Christian, a glowing example of Dunning-Kruger in action, and guilty of such projection and transference that it would be funny if he weren't such a nasty piece of work, but he's really a total nothing, with a tiny posse of followers and no real impact in the wider world.

His recent behaviour on Facebook (constantly reporting people, even for posting things that aren't his) has seen THREE personal accounts belonging to him deleted - he doesn't get away with his idiocy for long.

As I've said, Ashley, for your own well being, walk away from the sad little troll.
theealex

Postby a_haworthroberts » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:24 pm

http://www.piltdownsuperman.com/2013/04 ... t=FaceBook
I VERY much doubt that anyone with the appropriate expertise and using radiometric dating methods correctly could obtain a 'millions of years' date from any of the cooled igneous rocks found on Surtsey. (Have any YECs tried to do this, as they did with Mt St Helens?)

And, no, I've not contacted Bob or CMI about this.
a_haworthroberts

Postby Brian Jordan » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:09 pm

"It looks old, but it isn't. This proves that the Universe, which looks old, is only 6000 years old. Q,E.D.". Pillocks.
Brian Jordan
Forum Admin

Postby a_haworthroberts » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:08 pm

http://www.piltdownsuperman.com/2013/04 ... t-age.html
"When radioactive elements decay, they turn into a different, stable element (parent-daughter): ... carbon-14 into carbon-12...".
NO, BOB. I suggest you try reading the ICR article more carefully.
"However, unlike the other two carbon isotopes, 14C is unstable and eventually decays back into nitrogen".
Somebody should also inform Cowboy Bob that because we do not find lots and lots of fossils dating as around 4,300 years old by radiocarbon dating, YEC ideologues arbitrarily introduce a total FUDGE in order to secure a 'biblical' result instead of an unbiblical one. They claim that there was much LESS carbon 14 in the atmosphere immediately following the Flood mentioned in Genesis than normal scientists believe there really was around 4,300 years ago (a fairly similar level to today I would imagine). Thus making lots of fossils appear 'younger'.

It's NOT old agers (believing in an Earth age over 6,000 years) and evolutionists who have the problems with radiocarbon dating's results ...
a_haworthroberts

Postby Brian Jordan » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:58 pm

Lying for Genesis (TM).
Brian Jordan
Forum Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Conversations with Creationists