YEC Bob Sorensen - compulsive liar exposed

Creationist bloggers can be infuriating. If one has infuriated you by persisting in nonsense even when corrected, or refusing to reply to your criiticsm, you may feel driven to recording the fact. If so, you may register your disapproval here and hope a response is forthcoming.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: YEC Bob Sorensen - timeline

Postby a_haworthroberts » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:44 pm

Sorensen and Petersen are examples of how young Earth creationism leads to evil behaviour.

Look at what Petersen has now done - to deceive his readers:

My post - quoted above - has been reduced to this: http://answersforhope.com/defending-dr- ... /#comments
"**Edited due to more tripe aimed at Bob and a link to a hateful anti-creationist site**
As for the content of the above blog, I don’t pretend that I understand the issues! However, your use of the word ‘mitigate’ puzzles me, and I wonder whether you meant to write ‘invalidate’.
Ashley"

Thus I simply pointed out Jason's double standards in who he censors and who he does not censor by stating, correctly and without 'emotion' "you have approved a new post by Cowboy Bob alleging that I am a 'bigoted' bully". For my apparent sin (the sin of exposing Jason's deception and favouritism towards the liar Sorensen) I have been censored and accused of posting 'tripe'.

I told Petersen a week or two back he is a 'disgrace'. Tonight's behaviour is further confirmation of that. Can a leopard change its spots?

Presumably his censorship and lies is an attempt to make me go away.

I suppose they must think that if lies and propaganda (including making critics look evil or deranged) will persuade someone to trust Jesus, then they are entirely JUSTIFIED.

Well, either they are right (and the Christian God loves liars) or they are wrong - and possibly counterfeit Christians.

Young Earth creationists cheat because that is the only way they can win an argument.

And where does Petersen's blog state that in moderating posts he will object to links to particular websites? He invites people to "Speak Your Mind". Well, I DID, Jason.
Last edited by a_haworthroberts on Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
a_haworthroberts

Liar for Jesus

Postby a_haworthroberts » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:49 pm

My further message to Petersen:

""... due to more tripe aimed at Bob and a link to a hateful anti-creationist site".

LIAR

You are pathetic.

The truth is out there:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3153&p=44780#p44780

Ashley"
a_haworthroberts

Jason Petersen

Postby a_haworthroberts » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:33 am

This is what a Jon Francis had to say about Petersen: http://www.facebook.com/GodOnTheSlide/p ... 8512553884

"Apparently I've been challenged to a debate by Jason Petersen on his AOTS page from which I have now been blocked. I accept based on the establishing of certain axioms before the debate begins. I will not enter into a long futile debate about the reliability of the senses as the foundation for knowledge as, quite frankly, it's a given.

Jason it's totally disingenuous to challenge someone to a debate and block them for responding, luckily I'm informed that you are a complete egomaniac who searches this page for mentions. You're on anyway. May I suggest "The validity of intelligent design as a scientific discipline" as a topic for the debate, or perhaps"Intertestamental Contradictions."

I am aware you have also challenged Alex Botten to a debate, I'm more willing to schedule our debate around yours and his.

I look forward to hearing from you."

This is Jason's own Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/GodOnTheSlide/p ... ersen.3994

He seems to be based in or near Pensacola, Florida and his middle initial may be 'L'.
a_haworthroberts

Jason Petersen is a fool

Postby a_haworthroberts » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:52 pm

http://answersforhope.com/defending-dr- ... /#comments

Petersen now accuses me of being childish - after he censors my comments to present a false impression and prevent his readers from seeing how I refuted his claims of 12 February.

Now he has added my last post - but with the link to this website STILL censored. He has then posted the following attack against me:
"Ashley,
And you wonder why I don’t allow you to post on this site? Please stop acting like a child.
The link you referenced is an anti-creationist site that has hateful posts aimed specifically at Bob and other creationists.
I also noticed that the anti-creationist website you keep posting doesn’t get a lot of traffic. I’d just like to let you know that I don’t plan on helping you change that by allowing the link on my page".

Needless to say, I have sent him the link to this thread AGAIN. And added:
"Thank you Jason!
(If you don't want criticism you should not post falsehoods - and then selectively censor the criticism that you deservedly get.)"

If I was one of his blog followers I would do an online search for this community forum and find out WHAT Jason doesn't want his readers to see.

And yes I DO detest dishonesty. YECs are dishonest about science - and Petersen and Sorensen frequently post personal attacks as well. They cannot take their own medicine. And they want their fans to think they are 'victims' of falsehoods and hate - rather than perpetrators.
Last edited by a_haworthroberts on Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a_haworthroberts

Jason Petersen AGAIN

Postby a_haworthroberts » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:56 pm

He has also posted a new - very lengthy - blog attacking Mat Hunt:
http://answersforhope.com/responding-to ... -atheists/
a_haworthroberts

Re: Jason Petersen is a fool

Postby a_haworthroberts » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:06 pm

a_haworthroberts wrote:http://answersforhope.com/defending-dr-humphreys-model-from-a-common-criticism/#comments

Petersen now accuses me of being childish - after he censors my comments to present a false impression and prevent his readers from seeing how I refuted his claims of 12 February.

Now he has added my last post - but with the link to this website STILL censored. He has then posted the following attack against me:
"Ashley,
And you wonder why I don’t allow you to post on this site? Please stop acting like a child.
The link you referenced is an anti-creationist site that has hateful posts aimed specifically at Bob and other creationists.
I also noticed that the anti-creationist website you keep posting doesn’t get a lot of traffic. I’d just like to let you know that I don’t plan on helping you change that by allowing the link on my page".

"Thank you Jason!
(If you don't want criticism you should not post falsehoods - and then selectively censor the criticism that you deservedly get.)"

If I was one of his blog followers I would do an online search for this community forum and find out WHAT Jason doesn't want his readers to see.

And yes I DO detest dishonesty. YECs are dishonest about science - and Petersen and Sorensen frequently post personal attacks as well. They cannot take their own medicine. And they want their fans to think they are 'victims' of falsehoods and hate - rather than perpetrators.

Further post sent to Petersen:

"Your lie was that you claimed to have edited my post because it contained ‘tripe’ aimed at Bob. It didn’t. But of course the REAL reason you deleted some of my text was because my post successfully refuted YOUR claims of 12 February (and the ‘hateful’ site you refer to contains my refutation – which is why you dare not allow your followers to access the site).
You can only maintain your credibility by selective editing of criticism – in order to create a FALSE impression."
a_haworthroberts

Re: Jason Petersen is a fool

Postby a_haworthroberts » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:16 pm

a_haworthroberts wrote:
a_haworthroberts wrote:http://answersforhope.com/defending-dr-humphreys-model-from-a-common-criticism/#comments

"Ashley,

"Thank you Jason!

Further post sent to Petersen:

"Your lie was that you claimed to have edited my post because it contained ‘tripe’ aimed at Bob. It didn’t. But of course the REAL reason you deleted some of my text was because my post successfully refuted YOUR claims of 12 February (and the ‘hateful’ site you refer to contains my refutation – which is why you dare not allow your followers to access the site).
You can only maintain your credibility by selective editing of criticism – in order to create a FALSE impression."

Further message (I was rushing too much just now):

"CORRECTION
The post you edited, mentioned just now, was not the one (also censored by you) where I refuted your claims of 12 Feb. Rather it was my later post where I wrote “the fact that you have censored almost all of my postings under your blogs does not inspire confidence that any debate with you would be conducted in a fair and open manner”."

I trust he will not selectively edit me again, in order to present my corrected error as evidence of 'lying' on my part.

That would be foolish as his fans may well track down this site!
a_haworthroberts

Re: YEC Bob Sorensen - timeline

Postby a_haworthroberts » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:33 pm

Yet many YECs argue that there is no life on any other planet or moon apart from Earth....
http://www.piltdownsuperman.com/2013/03 ... me-to.html
a_haworthroberts

Jason Petersen YEC LIAR

Postby a_haworthroberts » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:46 pm

Petersen is a ****ing liar. And I am apparently banned - quelle surprise.

My reply to his FIRST new post:

""You are being dishonest."
No - the dishonest person here is YOU, Jason.
This is the thread I linked to - it is NOTHING to do with Bob Sorensen:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3042&start=255
"... the fact that you can’t post it in this site drives you crazy". The fact that you are afraid to allow my posts in their entirety, in this case because you clearly cannot refute what I said about your misleading arguments (reproduced here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3153&p=44807#p44807 ), persuades me that young earth creationism is false - because so many of its proponents frequently lie and try to present a false impressions of science, of events, and of their opponents.
"If I were trying to make a false impression I would just edit your post without mentioning that I edited it." I agree that would be even MORE false.
"You have also been sending him hateful emails even when he has asked you to stop." The email I sent this week was not in the least 'hateful'.
As I said earlier, if you don't want criticism (despite inviting people to 'Speak Your Mind') stop posting blogs containing falsehoods.
And your decision to ban me is pure cowardice. It is the behaviour of a dishonest fraud.
Sorensen has libelled me because I have criticised his science claims - but he won't engage directly with me about them? Do you know why not?"
a_haworthroberts

Jason Petersen - YEC LIAR

Postby a_haworthroberts » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:59 pm

My response to his SECOND new post:

"Jason
You are a hypocrite.
You allow posts by others insulting me and others who criticise you.
Yet when I politely criticise your arguments*, you call me 'creepy' and 'narcissistic'. An Ad hominem as a substitute for an argument or a refutation.
Double standards, Jason.
Ashley
"Creation science is scientific because it studies the natural world using the scientific method." NO. It 'studies' the natural world using the Bible as an 'infallible' and non-negotiable starting point. Who does Petersen think he is fooling? Himself?
Young Earth Creationism is an anti-scientific, religious, worldview.
"This is a straw man. I can’t think of one major Creationist resource that says that we are against science." That is because young Earth creationists are never objective and frequently dishonest and evasive. They also quietly 'redefine' science to mean - in a woolly sort of way - 'knowledge'. By which they mean biblical 'revelation about the natural world', supported by any direct observations that seem to confirm scripture (ie there's a fossil record so Noah's Flood is 'real, recent, worldwide, history').
"If we hated science, we wouldn’t be using science to show that our observations of the natural world are consistent with what The Bible says now would we?" You are NOT using science (see my example just now). You are using FAITH. You reject ALL explanations of evidence, and there are MANY, that do not confirm scripture! You pre-select the conclusion required and if necessary twist or ignore evidence. Such behaviour by mainstream scientists would not (normally) get past peer review. YECs shun peer review (other than by fellow YECs of course).
Your implied claim that the likes of Isaac Newton, Michael Faraday and Lord Kelvin would have been young Earth creationist fundamentalists if they were around today is sheer FANTASY.
There ARE Christian scientists. They are at places like the Biologos forum, or working professionally in real, mainstream, science.
Your friend Cowboy Bob LIES about science. In recent days he has claimed there is 'no' evidence for birds evolving from dinosaurs, and that evolution is 'pseudo-science'.
Jason's contribution to Question Evolution Day is telling porkies about science and about his form of creationism."
a_haworthroberts

Jason Petersen HYPOCRITE

Postby a_haworthroberts » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:38 pm

Petersen falsely accused me of being dishonest - and then announced that I was banned so as to deter me from refuting him. I however DID refute him (he alleged that the post he hid contained 'tripe' about Sorensen but it did NOT and the link was not even about him - see my earlier post above for details) - and he STILL censors my reply.

Thus he is falsely portraying me as dishonest and narcissistic, whereas I am neither and I SHOWED him he was mistaken/lying - but he has chosen to HIDE this from the readers of his blog.

What a hypocritical Christian.
a_haworthroberts

Petersen - LIAR, HYPOCRITE, COWARD

Postby a_haworthroberts » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:31 pm

http://answersforhope.com/defending-dr- ... omment-432 (latest Petersen comment)

What a ****ing nasty piece of work.

In reply to his latest pack of lies I have just sent Jason the following reply:

"Jason
I have never denied 'stalking' Bob. But the post you CENSORED did NOT contain 'tripe' about him. Your claim to have censored me because of something I allegedly said about Bob is a TOTAL LIE - as I have already SHOWN you.
LIAR
HYPOCRITE
COWARD
FRAUD
The truth is HERE: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3153&start=210
You KNOW that I am not lying. Why are you trying to deceive other people?
The liar here is YOU YOU YOU. Not me.
If you stop lying about me I will stop complaining. The choice is yours.
Ashley"

This was after I called him "LIAR HYPOCRITE COWARD".

Which he has CONFIRMED AGAIN by calling me a liar, pretending not to like lies, and banning me.
a_haworthroberts

Jason Petersen

Postby a_haworthroberts » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:40 pm

I have just sent him the following:
"Be aware that even though I do not have your email address (I have Sorensen's) if you lie about me again on your blog I will send a wide circulation mail pointing to the contrast between your blog page and the truth of what I have really said and done, as shown at the BCSE community forum (and asking for someone who knows your address to copy you in on the message)."

The message disappeared into a 'black hole'/trash bin and was not visible on my screen as 'awaiting moderation'. So I cannot be sure that Jason will read it. But that is HIS problem, not mine.

My threat to email about him if he lies about me once again on or under his blogs is no idle threat - I mean it.

http://www.101arguments.com/p/contributors.html
a_haworthroberts

Petersen - HYPOCRITE

Postby a_haworthroberts » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:48 pm

Now he is seeking to suggest that I am immoral. But I have NOT lied to him nor about him.
http://answersforhope.com/responding-to ... omment-435

I have just replied as follows:
"The name-calling is all true, Jason.
As I told you just now under the earlier blog, you should be aware that even though I do not have your email address (I have Sorensen's) if you lie about me again on your blog I will send a wide circulation mail pointing to the contrast between your blog page and the truth of what I have really said and done, as shown at the BCSE community forum (and asking for someone who knows your address to copy you in on the message).
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3153&start=210
Even if this message disappears into 'trash' I will assume that it was READ before deleted."

Jason started all this - HE posted a BLOG naming me and asking whether I was 'bat crazy'. He cannot swallow his own medicine.

I would advise people against holding debates with him on HIS terms. He appears to be a compulsive liar.
a_haworthroberts

Jason Petersen - YEC LIAR

Postby a_haworthroberts » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:00 am

Further comment just sent to him under this blog post:

"Also, to spell it out for Mr. Ashley as he still doesn’t seem to understand(I noticed this as he continues to attempt to post on my site): The website you linked to has a myriad of threads that have hateful posts(As I mentioned, tripe”) towards Bob and other creationist such as myself. It also contains an excessive amount of complaining and unpleasantries."
There was NO tripe about Bob in the post you censored, and your claim that you censored the post because of a mention of Bob (libelling me) is plainly FALSE.
LIAR
HYPOCRITE
COWARD
Re-read your own words of 21.3.13: "edited due to more tripe aimed at Bob AND a link to a hateful anti-creationist site". Thus you were claiming to have censored me because I simply mentioned that you had allowed a post where Bob suggested I was a bigoted 'bully', and also because you clearly do not approve of the BCSE community forum (which is not 'my' website by the way ie I do not control what other people say there).
You don't want people reading the BCSE website because it exposes YOUR behaviour as well as Bob's! That is the reality here.
And you didn't want my complaint about your selective censorship to be aired. THAT I suggest is the main reason WHY you cut almost all of my post. You disliked my comment "the fact that you have censored almost all of my postings under your blogs does not inspire confidence that any debate with you would be conducted in a fair and open manner". But you have made up a false story for your small band of followers that my post contained 'tripe' about Bob. It did NOT - as I have already SHOWN you."
a_haworthroberts

PreviousNext

Return to Conversations with Creationists