YEC Bob Sorensen - compulsive liar exposed

Creationist bloggers can be infuriating. If one has infuriated you by persisting in nonsense even when corrected, or refusing to reply to your criiticsm, you may feel driven to recording the fact. If so, you may register your disapproval here and hope a response is forthcoming.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: YEC Bob Sorensen - timeline

Postby a_haworthroberts » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:39 pm

I see that somebody at The Question Evolution Project has had a bit of a falling out with Issac Bourne:
http://www.facebook.com/Piltdown.Superman
"I haven't notified the creator of the page of my intent so he's totally free to remove this post if he believes it should be. But I think some things need to get cleared out in the open since there's been some issues out in the open.
Isaac Bourne had his posting privileges removed due to his last post that many fans (myself included) highly disagreed with. It was very compromising, subjective, and neither Biblical nor Scientific. There were other times when he posted things that had nothing to do with the point of the page; causing debate that I personally had no time to moderate. Atheists that come in here are banned by me for doing the same thing. So you can imagine how much that troubled me.
Mr. Bourne took this "time out" as a personal attack and unleashed his fury on Bob. Calling all the rest of us admins his clones and other offensive garbage. Of course, this is after he said Bob should make people admins only if they all agree with each other. Awesome logic, Mr. Bourne. We're his clones only when we all disagreed with your opinion. We get it.
He has taken upon himself to come on here and cause problems, all the while pointing at Bob and saying Bob causes the problems. I want to personally apologize for anything any of you might have seen by him. We hope to maintain a strict but informative atmosphere for Christians to discuss the Word and how it goes hand in hand with Science.
All this other nonsense is just that: nonsense. So I hope what you've seen can be overlooked and that we all move on. We should pray for Isaac Bourne.
Thanks for taking the time to read this! We appreciate all your support and input on this page :)
~Ashley" (a female Ashley apparently)


Meanwhile:
http://www.piltdownsuperman.com/2013/03 ... ation.html
"They not only have disdain for people with opposing views, but want to stop people from expressing their views."
Said Robert Sorensen, the man who refuses to allow comments under his blog posts, and whose TQEP Facebook page hides critical postings and also bans people virtually at the drop of a hat.
a_haworthroberts
 
Posts: 9075
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:49 am
Location: United Kingdom

As flagged by Mr Sorensen

Postby a_haworthroberts » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:54 pm

a_haworthroberts
 
Posts: 9075
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:49 am
Location: United Kingdom

Sorensen and Petersen

Postby a_haworthroberts » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:09 pm

Having been selectively (and silently) censored by Jason, now Bob is 'having a go' here:
http://answersforhope.com/feedback-from ... omment-367
"I see one of my stalkers, Ashley, has his usual intellectually stimulating contribution."
Pots and Kettles.

I HAVE JUST ATTEMPTED TO POST THE FOLLOWING (NO DOUBT I WILL BE CENSORED BECAUSE IF YOU CRITICISE A YEC YOU ARE AN ATHEOPATH/TROLL AND THEREFORE YOU POST EITHER AD HOMINEMS OR MATERIAL WITHOUT INTELLECTUAL STIMULATION - AND MUST, THEREFORE, BE CENSORED LEST ANYBODY ELSE SEE YOUR 'THOUGHTS'):

"Bob
My more intellectually stimulating earlier contribution was CENSORED by Jason. Here it is again:

At 8.21 pm GMT on 12.2.13 I wrote at the BCSE community forum (open to all):
"
http://answersforhope.com/my-contributi ... -creation/
"Creation science is scientific because it studies the natural world using the scientific method." NO. It 'studies' the natural world using the Bible as an 'infallible' and non-negotiable starting point. Who does Petersen think he is fooling? Himself?
Young Earth Creationism is an anti-scientific, religious, worldview.
"This is a straw man. I can’t think of one major Creationist resource that says that we are against science." That is because young Earth creationists are never objective and frequently dishonest and evasive. They also quietly 'redefine' science to mean - in a woolly sort of way - 'knowledge'. By which they mean biblical 'revelation about the natural world', supported by any direct observations that seem to confirm scripture (ie there's a fossil record so Noah's Flood is 'real, recent, worldwide, history').
"If we hated science, we wouldn’t be using science to show that our observations of the natural world are consistent with what The Bible says now would we?" You are NOT using science (see my example just now). You are using FAITH. You reject ALL explanations of evidence, and there are MANY, that do not confirm scripture! You pre-select the conclusion required and if necessary twist or ignore evidence. Such behaviour by mainstream scientists would not (normally) get past peer review. YECs shun peer review (other than by fellow YECs of course).
Your implied claim that the likes of Isaac Newton, Michael Faraday and Lord Kelvin would have been young Earth creationist fundamentalists if they were around today is sheer FANTASY.
There ARE Christian scientists. They are at places like the Biologos forum, or working professionally in real, mainstream, science.
Your friend Cowboy Bob LIES about science. In recent days he has claimed there is 'no' evidence for birds evolving from dinosaurs, and that evolution is 'pseudo-science'.
Jason's contribution to Question Evolution Day is telling porkies about science and about his form of creationism."

Ashley Haworth-Roberts
PS I repeated the above at the community forum on 19.3.13.
PPS As Jason will probably censor me AGAIN, I am also emailing this post to Bob (not copied to Jason because he manages to make his email address difficult for me to discover)."
Last edited by a_haworthroberts on Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a_haworthroberts
 
Posts: 9075
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:49 am
Location: United Kingdom

Re: YEC Bob Sorensen - timeline

Postby Peter Henderson » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:15 pm

Whoops, just saw your post above Ashley.
Last edited by Peter Henderson on Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peter Henderson
 
Posts: 4353
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:07 pm
Location: Jordanstown, Co. Antrim, Northern Ireland

Re: As flagged by Mr Sorensen

Postby Peter Henderson » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:17 pm

a_haworthroberts wrote:http://creation.com/same-data-different-interpretations
This appears to refer to Mat Hunt.


He didn't get very far Ashley, did he ?
Peter Henderson
 
Posts: 4353
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:07 pm
Location: Jordanstown, Co. Antrim, Northern Ireland

Jason Petersen LIAR FOR JESUS

Postby a_haworthroberts » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:24 pm

http://answersforhope.com/feedback-from ... /#comments

Par for the course - Petersen has censored me again, and posted a fictitious justification for his behaviour (it's apparently all because I briefly attacked Bob's false claims about science in my comments - as well as taking APART various claims in Jason's blog post dated 12 February, something he clearly cannot handle).

NO, JASON, YOU HAVE CENSORED MY POST BECAUSE I TOLD THE TRUTH ABOUT YOUR MISINFORMATION OF 12 FEBRUARY.

I have just submitted the following further comments for Jason:

""**Edited due to attacks on Bob.**"

NO, Jason. I do NOT believe you. You censored me - without even telling me that you had done so - because I refuted claims in your blog post dated 12 February and you wish to pretend otherwise - presumably because you know I told the truth and you also know that you have no answer. You and Bob both wish to portray me simply as 'emotional', 'creepy', and unable to post anything intellectually stimulating. And the way you achieve such an impression is by CENSORSHIP.

That is one reason I have called you a coward.

Bob will know WHAT you have censored and WHY (I also sent him a screen photo of the post 'awaiting moderation').

Your behaviour towards me is in the public domain (in a place where you would NOT be censored merely challenged):
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3153&start=195

I do not seek 'fame' by posting on your blogsite (which I doubt many people yet know exists)."
a_haworthroberts
 
Posts: 9075
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:49 am
Location: United Kingdom

Jason Petersen - trigger happy

Postby a_haworthroberts » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:27 pm

Now I see it - now I DON'T.
:)
a_haworthroberts
 
Posts: 9075
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:49 am
Location: United Kingdom

Petersen's hypocrisy and double standards

Postby a_haworthroberts » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:42 am

He claims tonight that because I 'attacked' Bob most of my post required censorship. So is Jason against personal attacks?

Not a BIT of it.
http://answersforhope.com/online-atheis ... /#comments

Under this earlier blog post Jason wrote (at 1.10 am on 4 Feb): "I have other things to do then to talk to someone who exhibits obsessive and psychotic behavior. Do you want to know why you are censored? You can’t keep your head straight and you get too emotional".
He also wrote (on 31 Jan): "I saw no libeling in his [Sorensen's] blog".
And he allowed Sorensen to pitch in and call me "so narcissistic" (because I made a wrong assumption about the identity of 'Ashley') and claim that I have "unnatural fantasies" about him.

Most of my post which he mentioned on 4 Feb was of course CENSORED. I actually challenged his untrue claim about a lack of libel from Sorensen. I pointed out that in my preceding post of 1 Feb - which was ALSO censored, in its entirety, by Jason - I gave THREE examples of libel of myself and others by Bob. I quote:
"
http://stormbringer005.blogspot.co.uk/2 ... ciple.html [this link has been changed by Bob since it first appeared]
http://stormbringer005.blogspot.co.uk/2 ... ssion.html
http://stormbringer005.blogspot.co.uk/2 ... ecord.html
Please don't tell me you approve of these!"

Clearly he DOES approve of libel - as long as it is YECs who are doing the libelling.

If Petersen doesn't want to talk to critics he should stop posting misleading blogs on the internet! But he would have more credibility if he was able to deal with critics - rather than insulting or censoring them.

If he believes in hiding criticism, does that mean that he and like-minded YECs also believe in hiding scientific evidence? Their actions suggest that the answer is 'yes'.

And I don't think it is doing anything for his Christian image by associating with a venomous person like Sorensen.
a_haworthroberts
 
Posts: 9075
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:49 am
Location: United Kingdom

Re: YEC Bob Sorensen - timeline

Postby mathunt » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:44 pm

They wrote a whole article about me? Wow...
mathunt
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:04 am

Re: YEC Bob Sorensen - timeline

Postby Peter Henderson » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:31 pm

mathunt wrote:They wrote a whole article about me? Wow...


Congratulations Mat.

You've arrived 8)
Peter Henderson
 
Posts: 4353
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:07 pm
Location: Jordanstown, Co. Antrim, Northern Ireland

Re: YEC Bob Sorensen - timeline

Postby a_haworthroberts » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:32 pm

Sorensen really is a venomous creature. And he and Petersen really are dishonest and have blatant double standards.

Last night I sent the following email to Sorensen, after he accused me online of not posting anything 'intellectually stimulating':
"Cowboy Bob
In reply to your comment here:
http://answersforhope.com/feedback-from ... omment-367
Please see below - my attempted further comment which Jason Petersen
may again CENSOR:
"Bob
My more intellectually stimulating earlier contribution was CENSORED
by Jason. Here it is again:
At 8.21 pm GMT on 12.2.13 I wrote at the BCSE community forum (open to
all):
"
http://answersforhope.com/my-contributi ... -creation/
"Creation science is scientific because it studies the natural world
using the scientific method." NO. It 'studies' the natural world using
the Bible as an 'infallible' and non-negotiable starting point. Who
does Petersen think he is fooling? Himself?
Young Earth Creationism is an anti-scientific, religious, worldview.
"This is a straw man. I can't think of one major Creationist resource
that says that we are against science." That is because young Earth
creationists are never objective and frequently dishonest and evasive.
They also quietly 'redefine' science to mean - in a woolly sort of way
- 'knowledge'. By which they mean biblical 'revelation about the
natural world', supported by any direct observations that seem to
confirm scripture (ie there's a fossil record so Noah's Flood is 'real,
recent, worldwide, history').
"If we hated science, we wouldn't be using science to show that our
observations of the natural world are consistent with what The Bible
says now would we?" You are NOT using science (see my example just
now). You are using FAITH. You reject ALL explanations of evidence, and
there are MANY, that do not confirm scripture! You pre-select the
conclusion required and if necessary twist or ignore evidence. Such
behaviour by mainstream scientists would not (normally) get past peer
review. YECs shun peer review (other than by fellow YECs of course).
Your implied claim that the likes of Isaac Newton, Michael Faraday and
Lord Kelvin would have been young Earth creationist fundamentalists if
they were around today is sheer FANTASY.
There ARE Christian scientists. They are at places like the Biologos
forum, or working professionally in real, mainstream, science.
Your friend Cowboy Bob LIES about science. In recent days he has
claimed there is 'no' evidence for birds evolving from dinosaurs, and
that evolution is 'pseudo-science'.
Jason's contribution to Question Evolution Day is telling porkies
about science and about his form of creationism."
Ashley Haworth-Roberts
PS I repeated the above at the community forum on 19.3.13.
PPS As Jason will probably censor me AGAIN, I am also emailing this
post to Bob (not copied to Jason because he manages to make his email
address difficult for me to discover)."
Ashley Haworth-Roberts

What does Sorensen do next? Ignore my email and post the following here: http://answersforhope.com/feedback-from ... tion-post/
"I have to add that Ashley is obsessed with me. It has been made clear that I do not want his e-mail, and that he is blocked. Sending unwanted e-mail is SPAM, and his provider has been reported. That can lead to that company being refused e-mail, period. Wish I knew why these people are so determined to inflict their opinions on us when we have expressed that we do not want to hear from bigoted bullies."

What I ACTUALLY do is expose their lies about science. And if Bob and Jason don't want 'opinions' from anybody who does not praise them then they should NOT start blogs and Facebook pages posting controversial and sometimes inflammatory material!

My email showed Sorensen WHAT Petersen was AFRAID to allow to be published under his blog of 12 February - because it exposed his fallacious arguments. But of course YECs support each other in their dishonesty.

And the hypocritical Petersen - who claims that he blocked one of my posts because I wrote (truthfully) "Your friend Cowboy Bob LIES about science. In recent days he has claimed there is 'no' evidence for birds evolving from dinosaurs, and that evolution is 'pseudo-science'" - is now allowing Sorensen to 'slag me off' once again (for telling him the truth, by email, about how Petersen censors me because clearly he is embarrassed by my postings which he has no answer for).

Why Petersen is apparently infatuated with Sorensen I do not know. He CONDONES blog posts like this one:
http://stormbringer005.blogspot.co.uk/2 ... ecord.html

The reason I first contacted Sorensen (by email) was because he was boasting publicly (on Facebook) about not allowing comments under his frequently untrue and abusive blog posts.

Petersen's censorship and partial censorship of my posts (for allegedly being 'too emotional') is simply a device to protect him from proper scrutiny - and give his followers a false impression of someone who sometimes strongly disagrees with some of his blog claims (including in a blog where he NAMED me).
a_haworthroberts
 
Posts: 9075
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:49 am
Location: United Kingdom

Jason Petersen blog

Postby a_haworthroberts » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:53 pm

a_haworthroberts
 
Posts: 9075
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:49 am
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Jason Petersen blog

Postby a_haworthroberts » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:16 pm

a_haworthroberts wrote:This is all about Mat Hunt too: http://answersforhope.com/defending-dr- ... criticism/



I have just submitted the following comment. What Jason will do with it is anyone's guess - my main concern is that he should READ it:

"Jason

"I haven’t received any response from Matthew Hunt regarding debating Creationist scientist. I wonder why?"

I cannot speak for Mat, but the fact that you have censored almost all of my postings under your blogs does not inspire confidence that any debate with you would be conducted in a fair and open manner. And under your previous blog post (where you have approved a new post by Cowboy Bob alleging that I am a 'bigoted' bully) you wrote: "I am going to have to cut off this discussion Matthew. Your repeating of arguments that I have already responded to will not be profitable for anyone".

Non-creationists are presently debating a YEC named 'That Guy' HERE - the BCSE community forum is a place where there is genuine free speech:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3042&start=255

As for the content of the above blog, I don't pretend that I understand the issues! However, your use of the word 'mitigate' puzzles me, and I wonder whether you meant to write 'invalidate'.

Ashley"
a_haworthroberts
 
Posts: 9075
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:49 am
Location: United Kingdom

Dishonest Jason Petersen

Postby a_haworthroberts » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:34 pm

a_haworthroberts wrote:
a_haworthroberts wrote:This is all about Mat Hunt too: http://answersforhope.com/defending-dr- ... criticism/



I have just submitted the following comment. What Jason will do with it is anyone's guess - my main concern is that he should READ it:

"Jason

"I haven’t received any response from Matthew Hunt regarding debating Creationist scientist. I wonder why?"

I cannot speak for Mat, but the fact that you have censored almost all of my postings under your blogs does not inspire confidence that any debate with you would be conducted in a fair and open manner. And under your previous blog post (where you have approved a new post by Cowboy Bob alleging that I am a 'bigoted' bully) you wrote: "I am going to have to cut off this discussion Matthew. Your repeating of arguments that I have already responded to will not be profitable for anyone".

Non-creationists are presently debating a YEC named 'That Guy' HERE - the BCSE community forum is a place where there is genuine free speech:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3042&start=255

As for the content of the above blog, I don't pretend that I understand the issues! However, your use of the word 'mitigate' puzzles me, and I wonder whether you meant to write 'invalidate'.

Ashley"



YEP - ALREADY censored by the small-minded Petersen.
http://answersforhope.com/defending-dr- ... /#comments
a_haworthroberts
 
Posts: 9075
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:49 am
Location: United Kingdom

Re: YEC Bob Sorensen - timeline

Postby mathunt » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:29 pm

I think Petersen has blocked me from every replying again on his blog.
mathunt
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:04 am

PreviousNext

Return to Conversations with Creationists

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron