YEC Bob Sorensen - compulsive liar exposed

Creationist bloggers can be infuriating. If one has infuriated you by persisting in nonsense even when corrected, or refusing to reply to your criiticsm, you may feel driven to recording the fact. If so, you may register your disapproval here and hope a response is forthcoming.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: YEC Bob Sorensen - timeline

Postby theealex » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:24 pm

He listed a lot of places even though he'd never lived there, he was doing it to (so he thought) score points against people who'd criticised him (a bit like when he posted my full home address as his location at the bottom of a blog post recently).

He's a hilariously stupid little man, completely ignorant of his own failings, and unable to recognise his repeated and rank hypocrisy (accusing others of censoring him whilst simultaneously trying to get people banned from Facebook etc)

He's supplied some comedy gold today, on this post http://stormbringer005.blogspot.co.uk/2 ... n.html?m=1 he states that linking Hitler to Christianity would do nothing to prove or disprove the truth of the religion's claims, whilst over at his other blog http://www.piltdownsuperman.com/2013/03 ... -nazi.html he's stated Darwinism is bad, because it's (in his mind) linked to Hitler. I love that he's posted these two ON THE SAME DAY!! :D

His lack of self awareness is astounding.
theealex

Postby Peter Henderson » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:06 pm

Indeed Alex, he seems blissfully unaware antisemitism predates Darwin, and was originally associated with the likes of Martin Luther.
Peter Henderson

Postby cathy » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:58 am

He's a hilariously stupid little man, completely ignorant of his own failings, and unable to recognise his repeated and rank hypocrisy (accusing others of censoring him whilst simultaneously trying to get people banned from Facebook etc)

That would make a very good dictionary definition of a creationist! Almost perfect in fact. No not almost just perfect! Send it to OED pdq.
cathy

The Question Evolution Project

Postby a_haworthroberts » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:40 am

Just read at the above Facebook page:

"The crazy things Global Alarmist will do. Poor cow, no wonder he's got that look. He is wondering what will happen next lol. Posted by Issac Bourne."
a_haworthroberts

Re: The Question Evolution Project

Postby Peter Henderson » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:53 am

a_haworthroberts wrote:Just read at the above Facebook page:

"The crazy things Global Alarmist will do. Poor cow, no wonder he's got that look. He is wondering what will happen next lol. Posted by Issac Bourne."

One of Bob's favourite quotes:

“Evolution is a fairy tale for grown-ups. This theory has helped nothing in the progress of science. It is useless.”
— Professour Louis Bounoure, Director, National Center of Scientific Research

Bob is repeating a lie:

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/ce/3/part12.html

The beginning of the quotation, "Evolution is a fairy tale for adults" is not from Bounoure but from Jean Rostand, a much more famous French biologist (he was a member of the Academy of Sciences of the French Academy). The precise quotation is as follows: "Transformism is a fairy tale for adults." (Age Nouveau, [a French periodical] February 1959, p. 12). But Rostand has also written that "Transformism may be considered as accepted, and no scientist, no philosopher, no longer discusses [questions - ED.] the fact of evolution." (L'Evolution des Especes [i.e., The Evolution of the Species], Hachette, p. 190). Jean Rostand was ... an atheist.
Peter Henderson

Jason Petersen repeatedly dishonest towards me

Postby a_haworthroberts » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:04 am

My attempted post just now under THIS blog post:
http://answersforhope.com/feedback-from ... /#comments

"Jason

As well as not letting me and others see what Matthew said at Facebook (by providing a link) you are being a coward again by censoring my attempted post linking to the BCSE community forum. Par for the course it seems.

At 8.21 pm GMT on 12.2.13 I wrote at the community forum (open to all):
"
http://answersforhope.com/my-contributi ... -creation/
"Creation science is scientific because it studies the natural world using the scientific method." NO. It 'studies' the natural world using the Bible as an 'infallible' and non-negotiable starting point. Who does Petersen think he is fooling? Himself?
Young Earth Creationism is an anti-scientific, religious, worldview.
"This is a straw man. I can’t think of one major Creationist resource that says that we are against science." That is because young Earth creationists are never objective and frequently dishonest and evasive. They also quietly 'redefine' science to mean - in a woolly sort of way - 'knowledge'. By which they mean biblical 'revelation about the natural world', supported by any direct observations that seem to confirm scripture (ie there's a fossil record so Noah's Flood is 'real, recent, worldwide, history').
"If we hated science, we wouldn’t be using science to show that our observations of the natural world are consistent with what The Bible says now would we?" You are NOT using science (see my example just now). You are using FAITH. You reject ALL explanations of evidence, and there are MANY, that do not confirm scripture! You pre-select the conclusion required and if necessary twist or ignore evidence. Such behaviour by mainstream scientists would not (normally) get past peer review. YECs shun peer review (other than by fellow YECs of course).
Your implied claim that the likes of Isaac Newton, Michael Faraday and Lord Kelvin would have been young Earth creationist fundamentalists if they were around today is sheer FANTASY.
There ARE Christian scientists. They are at places like the Biologos forum, or working professionally in real, mainstream, science.
Your friend Cowboy Bob LIES about science. In recent days he has claimed there is 'no' evidence for birds evolving from dinosaurs, and that evolution is 'pseudo-science'.

Jason's contribution to Question Evolution Day is telling porkies about science and about his form of creationism."

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3153&p=44057&hilit=contribution#p44057

Would you care to try and prove me wrong on your blog page, Jason?

I suspect you WOULDN'T.

Ashley"

IN FACT PETERSEN IS SO DISHONEST AND FEARFUL THAT MY SECOND ATTEMPTED POST - AS ABOVE - IS NOT EVEN APPEARING ON MY SCREEN AS 'AWAITING MODERATION'. IN OTHER WORDS THE COWARD MUST HAVE DECIDED - WITHOUT BOTHERING EVEN TO TELL ME OR GIVE ANY REASON EVEN THOUGH HE HAS MY EMAIL ADDRESS - THAT I MUST, REPEAT MUST, BE CENSORED - WHATEVER I MIGHT TRY TO SAY. PRE-EMPTIVE CENSORSHIP.

THE MAN IS A LIAR, AS I SHOWED ON 12 MARCH. AND NOW HE IS CENSORING ME TO COVER HIS TRACKS. THAT IS WHAT LIARS DO!

NOTE THAT I DID NOT USE THE SAME ARGUMENTS THAT MATTHEW HUNT APPARENTLY USED.

WILL HIS BEHAVIOUR HELP BRING LIARS TO JESUS I WONDER?

WOULD PETERSEN TOLERATE COMMENTS ABOUT HIS BLOGS AND HIS BEHAVIOUR BY ANYBODY ELSE FROM THE BCSE I WONDER?

I SUSPECT THAT HE WOULD TOLERATE THEM - IF 'STRAWMAN' ARGUMENTS WERE USED, THAT IS.
a_haworthroberts

Re: Jason Petersen blatant censorship

Postby a_haworthroberts » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:30 am

I have attempted to email Matthew Hunt re the above.
a_haworthroberts

YECs

Postby a_haworthroberts » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:13 am

YEC memo to evolutionists:

"If you come onto our site and lie, like you are supposed to do according to what the Word of God says about atheists and unrighteous people, we will refute you. However, if you fail to lie we will ban you instead (and you may not even be told that you have been banned)."
a_haworthroberts

Postby mathunt » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:29 pm

I have seen the post in question, there was a number of issues I raised but I clarifed my position but I think Petersen will slither around them.
mathunt

Postby theealex » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:46 pm

Interesting, both www.facebook.com/cowboy.bob.s and www.facebook.com/bob.sorensen.tqep appear to have been deleted. Has Bob voluntarily left Facebook??
theealex

Jason Petersen again

Postby a_haworthroberts » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:41 pm

I am unclear - though I've yet to read all today's posts in this thread - whether Mat Hunt who has commented above is also the recipient of the email I sent last night (to an address at UCL).

This is the comment which I have just made under Jason's blog post of 16 March and which he will no doubt censor:

"YEP

The fundamentalist declares victory and then shuts down the conversation. What a coward you seem to be, Jason."
a_haworthroberts

Re: Jason Petersen again

Postby a_haworthroberts » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:55 pm

a_haworthroberts wrote:I am unclear - though I've yet to read all today's posts in this thread - whether Mat Hunt who has commented above is also the recipient of the email I sent last night (to an address at UCL).

This is the comment which I have just made under Jason's blog post of 16 March and which he will no doubt censor:

"YEP

The fundamentalist declares victory and then shuts down the conversation. What a coward you seem to be, Jason."

My comment has just appeared.

The question is will it remain, and - if so and if Jason responds to it - will he also acknowledge the substance of my detailed post that he censored yesterday and which can nevertheless be read above.

http://answersforhope.com/feedback-from ... /#comments
a_haworthroberts

Jason Petersen again

Postby a_haworthroberts » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:26 am

Have attempted the following further comment:

"My post here at 2.04 am GMT on 19 March is relevant, and it is also the background to what may have sounded like frustration on my part just now:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3153&start=180
If Jason allows this post as well, he is of course free to respond to it."
a_haworthroberts

Postby mathunt » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:46 am

It is one of the same.
mathunt

Jason Petersen censorship of criticism

Postby a_haworthroberts » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:46 am

My further post - attempting to link readers to this community forum - has been duly REMOVED.
a_haworthroberts

PreviousNext

Return to Conversations with Creationists