YEC Bob Sorensen - compulsive liar exposed

Creationist bloggers can be infuriating. If one has infuriated you by persisting in nonsense even when corrected, or refusing to reply to your criiticsm, you may feel driven to recording the fact. If so, you may register your disapproval here and hope a response is forthcoming.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Sorensen flagged some Jason Lisle nonsense on Facebook

Postby MisterGordons » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:56 pm

a_haworthroberts wrote:https://biblicalscienceinstitute.com/origins/dinosaurs-part-3/
"Dinosaur fossils are typically found in sedimentary rock layers – rocks that have lithified from sediment deposited by water." Look up the definition of sedimentary rock, Lisle. "When full skeletons of dinosaurs are found, they are typically in a “death pose” with the neck arched back, indicative of asphyxiation. It seems that these animals perished in a massive flood." If so, that was not all them worldwide dying simultaneously some 4,500 years ago, Lisle. "These layers tend to be continental in scale, which indicates that they were formed during the global flood – probably during the latter stages." Total nonsense. And why are dinosaur fossils missing from sedimentary exposed Grand Canyon layers, Lisle? " The Bible teaches that two of each kind came aboard." Kind is the equivalent of species, liar Lisle. Look up Genesis 6:19. "You are to bring into the ark two of all living creatures, male and female, to keep them alive with you...". "Thus, there would have been 120 dinosaurs on board the ark." Total rubbish. "The nearly global sub-tropical climate that apparently existed before the flood is now gone." Not in the Bible. "And there is compelling evidence that an ice age followed the worldwide flood and persisted for several hundred years." Total rubbish - and not in the Bible (refuted by Genesis 8:22). "It seems that dinosaurs never reached the same population after the flood, perhaps due to these new environmental conditions." Yet Genesis 8 mentions no permanent 'new environmental conditions' and Genesis 8:17 clearly has God saying "so they can multiply on the earth and be fruitful and increase in number on it". "Some varieties apparently survived until much later; the Behemoth and Leviathan are mentioned in Job, which took place several hundred years after the flood (and during the ice age)." I don't know what behemoth was (it spent time in water unlike most dinosaurs) but Leviathan was certainly not a dinosaur liar Lisle. "History confirms that people have seen living dinosaurs." Oh no it doesn't. "Animals today are not exactly the same as they were at creation; but they remain the same created kinds." None of that is in the Bible and species around today mostly are the same as those around 6,000 years ago. "The fossil evidence confirms biblical creation and variation within kinds." The pattern of the fossil record is as you would expect if deep time (and major extinctions) is true. And the fossil record includes transitional species between 'separately created kinds' eg between dinosaurs and birds. "You might think that evolutionists would argue that the hip structure would support dinosaur-bird common ancestry. After all, some dinosaurs were “bird-hipped” only in the sense that the pubis bone points backward as it does with birds. But interestingly, evolutionists believe that birds evolved from theropod dinosaurs which are lizard-hipped!" They follow the evidence. Unlike you, liar Lisle. "Some creationists have jumped on the “feathered dinosaur bandwagon.”" A few creationists are honest on this matter. Unlike you. "As in all things, the evidence confirms biblical history." Only to people like you who already believe the Bible contains infallible history - and cherry pick evidence and add to scripture in order to make a highly dubious case (which most people who check the facts cannot readily accept) that 'science confirms the Bible'. What about the evidence that dinosaurs were finally wiped out, before any 'worldwide flood', by a 'Mexican' asteroid or comet, Lisle? Silence. Wrong sort of evidence?


Ashely Haworth-Roberts is using a form of guilt by association. Cowboy Bob Sorensen posted a link to this on Facebook which somehow makes Sorensen erroneous. Calling Jason Lisle 'wrong" and 'liar' and using numerous fallacies further degrade the credibility of Ashley Haworth-Roberts
MisterGordons
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:20 pm

Re: Sorensen flagged some Jason Lisle nonsense on Facebook

Postby a_haworthroberts » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:03 pm

MisterGordons wrote:
a_haworthroberts wrote:https://biblicalscienceinstitute.com/origins/dinosaurs-part-3/
"Dinosaur fossils are typically found in sedimentary rock layers – rocks that have lithified from sediment deposited by water." Look up the definition of sedimentary rock, Lisle. "When full skeletons of dinosaurs are found, they are typically in a “death pose” with the neck arched back, indicative of asphyxiation. It seems that these animals perished in a massive flood." If so, that was not all them worldwide dying simultaneously some 4,500 years ago, Lisle. "These layers tend to be continental in scale, which indicates that they were formed during the global flood – probably during the latter stages." Total nonsense. And why are dinosaur fossils missing from sedimentary exposed Grand Canyon layers, Lisle? " The Bible teaches that two of each kind came aboard." Kind is the equivalent of species, liar Lisle. Look up Genesis 6:19. "You are to bring into the ark two of all living creatures, male and female, to keep them alive with you...". "Thus, there would have been 120 dinosaurs on board the ark." Total rubbish. "The nearly global sub-tropical climate that apparently existed before the flood is now gone." Not in the Bible. "And there is compelling evidence that an ice age followed the worldwide flood and persisted for several hundred years." Total rubbish - and not in the Bible (refuted by Genesis 8:22). "It seems that dinosaurs never reached the same population after the flood, perhaps due to these new environmental conditions." Yet Genesis 8 mentions no permanent 'new environmental conditions' and Genesis 8:17 clearly has God saying "so they can multiply on the earth and be fruitful and increase in number on it". "Some varieties apparently survived until much later; the Behemoth and Leviathan are mentioned in Job, which took place several hundred years after the flood (and during the ice age)." I don't know what behemoth was (it spent time in water unlike most dinosaurs) but Leviathan was certainly not a dinosaur liar Lisle. "History confirms that people have seen living dinosaurs." Oh no it doesn't. "Animals today are not exactly the same as they were at creation; but they remain the same created kinds." None of that is in the Bible and species around today mostly are the same as those around 6,000 years ago. "The fossil evidence confirms biblical creation and variation within kinds." The pattern of the fossil record is as you would expect if deep time (and major extinctions) is true. And the fossil record includes transitional species between 'separately created kinds' eg between dinosaurs and birds. "You might think that evolutionists would argue that the hip structure would support dinosaur-bird common ancestry. After all, some dinosaurs were “bird-hipped” only in the sense that the pubis bone points backward as it does with birds. But interestingly, evolutionists believe that birds evolved from theropod dinosaurs which are lizard-hipped!" They follow the evidence. Unlike you, liar Lisle. "Some creationists have jumped on the “feathered dinosaur bandwagon.”" A few creationists are honest on this matter. Unlike you. "As in all things, the evidence confirms biblical history." Only to people like you who already believe the Bible contains infallible history - and cherry pick evidence and add to scripture in order to make a highly dubious case (which most people who check the facts cannot readily accept) that 'science confirms the Bible'. What about the evidence that dinosaurs were finally wiped out, before any 'worldwide flood', by a 'Mexican' asteroid or comet, Lisle? Silence. Wrong sort of evidence?


Ashely Haworth-Roberts is using a form of guilt by association. Cowboy Bob Sorensen posted a link to this on Facebook which somehow makes Sorensen erroneous. Calling Jason Lisle 'wrong" and 'liar' and using numerous fallacies further degrade the credibility of Ashley Haworth-Roberts



Lying troll. Come back when you have some substance - any substance.
a_haworthroberts
 
Posts: 8445
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:49 am
Location: United Kingdom

Re:

Postby a_haworthroberts » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:18 pm

I see Gordons has just lied about me again on another thread.

It's what unintelligent lying trolls do. And it's typical Gordons.
a_haworthroberts
 
Posts: 8445
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:49 am
Location: United Kingdom

Liar Curtis Long

Postby a_haworthroberts » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:28 am

https://www.facebook.com/cowboybobsorensen
Curtis Long: "I've seen it. Anyone who bans a certain atheist is a "fascist". ~CL
http://babylonbee.com/news/study-callin ... -dialogue/"

The tactic advocated in that article has NOT worked in this case. Sorensen and Long have not re-examined their viewpoints (nor have Answers in Genesis) - and nor have I. After Sorensen and Long have repeatedly called me 'Hitler' - and I have shown that they are basically fascists who don't believe in free speech and also wilfully lie about their critics (after banning them and avoiding any future direct interaction with them or their arguments).

Sorensen has never given me any reason to change my mind (that would still have been the case had he and his Facebook henchman not called me 'Hitler' or 'Hitler-Robbers').

And I have not labelled every act of YEC censorship against myself as 'fascism'. Sometimes I have only alleged that the people concerned are 'bigots' - and I choose my words carefully. But it is fascism with Sorensen, AiG and CMI.
a_haworthroberts
 
Posts: 8445
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:49 am
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Liar Curtis Long

Postby MisterGordons » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:40 am

a_haworthroberts wrote:https://www.facebook.com/cowboybobsorensen
Curtis Long: "I've seen it. Anyone who bans a certain atheist is a "fascist". ~CL
http://babylonbee.com/news/study-callin ... -dialogue/"

The tactic advocated in that article has NOT worked in this case. Sorensen and Long have not re-examined their viewpoints (nor have Answers in Genesis) - and nor have I. After Sorensen and Long have repeatedly called me 'Hitler' - and I have shown that they are basically fascists who don't believe in free speech and also wilfully lie about their critics (after banning them and avoiding any future direct interaction with them or their arguments).

Sorensen has never given me any reason to change my mind (that would still have been the case had he and his Facebook henchman not called me 'Hitler' or 'Hitler-Robbers').

And I have not labelled every act of YEC censorship against myself as 'fascism'. Sometimes I have only alleged that the people concerned are 'bigots' - and I choose my words carefully. But it is fascism with Sorensen, AiG and CMI.


Curtis Long did not name Ashley Haworth-Roberts in the post. Ashley Haworth-Roberts has a habit of calling anyone who disagrees with him or restricts his rants a 'fascist' even though he has shown that he does not know what the word means. There was no 'tactic advocated in that article' because it was a parody. It has been shown that Ashley Haworth-Roberts lacks reading comprehension skills but he probably did not read the article.
MisterGordons
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:20 pm

Re: Liar Curtis Long

Postby a_haworthroberts » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:58 pm

MisterGordons wrote:
a_haworthroberts wrote:https://www.facebook.com/cowboybobsorensen
Curtis Long: "I've seen it. Anyone who bans a certain atheist is a "fascist". ~CL
http://babylonbee.com/news/study-callin ... -dialogue/"

The tactic advocated in that article has NOT worked in this case. Sorensen and Long have not re-examined their viewpoints (nor have Answers in Genesis) - and nor have I. After Sorensen and Long have repeatedly called me 'Hitler' - and I have shown that they are basically fascists who don't believe in free speech and also wilfully lie about their critics (after banning them and avoiding any future direct interaction with them or their arguments).

Sorensen has never given me any reason to change my mind (that would still have been the case had he and his Facebook henchman not called me 'Hitler' or 'Hitler-Robbers').

And I have not labelled every act of YEC censorship against myself as 'fascism'. Sometimes I have only alleged that the people concerned are 'bigots' - and I choose my words carefully. But it is fascism with Sorensen, AiG and CMI.


Curtis Long did not name Ashley Haworth-Roberts in the post. Ashley Haworth-Roberts has a habit of calling anyone who disagrees with him or restricts his rants a 'fascist' even though he has shown that he does not know what the word means. There was no 'tactic advocated in that article' because it was a parody. It has been shown that Ashley Haworth-Roberts lacks reading comprehension skills but he probably did not read the article.



Are you telling us that a Christian site published misinformation - which I certainly DID read - about a university? And that Long then repeated the misinformation?
a_haworthroberts
 
Posts: 8445
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:49 am
Location: United Kingdom

YEC Bob Sorensen - fascist liar lying again

Postby a_haworthroberts » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:21 am

http://www.piltdownsuperman.com/2018/02 ... l-and.html
"Some, although uneducated, will even argue with evolutionary scientists who agree with creationists (such as the owlhoot who refuses reasons that neither side of the origins controversy expects dinosaur fossils in the Grand Canyon. Interesting that the demoniac who continually attacks creationists on that matter does not challenge evolutionists). They must contradict and attack, it's who they are and what they do. Gotta protect that Darwinian death cult, don'tcha know."

Fascist liar. You are on your way to hell. The truth, which I know Sorensen has seen, is in my posts here dated 6 February:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=3153&p=51899&hilit=grand+canyon#p51899
I do NOT 'argue with evolutionary scientists' because they have EXPLAINED why there are no dinosaur fossils at the Grand Canyon. I do NOT refuse 'reasons' why young earth creationists don't expect dinosaur fossils in the Grand Canyon - I have NOT been given any 'reasons'. NONE. "... the demoniac who continually attacks creationists on that matter does not challenge evolutionists" - now the lying cretin is totally contradicting himself. But at least he got it right in the end. Or was that a typo?

The person pretending facts and reasons don't exist - and who is terrified of genuine debate and absolutely loves censorship - is 'COWBOY' Bob Sorensen'. Why are dinosaur fossils missing at the Grand Canyon, Bob? How about some of that 'critical thinking' you claim to espouse? Or you could admit "I don't know" - I wouldn't attack you for saying that.

The person unable to answer this valid question is SORENSEN. The person pretending otherwise is SORENSEN. The person ignoring my rebuttals and exposure of his lying on this uncensored forum is SORENSEN. The person churning out lying hate-filled propaganda and calling himself a 'Christian' is SORENSEN. (You get the idea...)

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2967&start=1755 (latest post)
As I see I said on 6 February:
"And why else does this person refuse direct meaningful engagement with my BCSE posts, preferring to attack attack on his own hate blogs? Because he is a fraud - and a coward. As are his followers. And a pathological liar." He has proven me correct. So sad that SOME 'Christians' behave like this.

And why does this bigot not only lie about his critics for egotistical propaganda purposes, but also seemingly seek to provoke them to anger as well. Is that 'Christian' behaviour?

"Don't you 'leftist' evolutionist owlhoot scum try to bother me with reality - I'm a young earth creationist."

(Wide circulation email sent.)
a_haworthroberts
 
Posts: 8445
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:49 am
Location: United Kingdom

Re: YEC Bob Sorensen - fascist liar lying again

Postby a_haworthroberts » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:23 pm

a_haworthroberts wrote:http://www.piltdownsuperman.com/2018/02/origin-of-terms-operational-and.html
"Some, although uneducated, will even argue with evolutionary scientists who agree with creationists (such as the owlhoot who refuses reasons that neither side of the origins controversy expects dinosaur fossils in the Grand Canyon. Interesting that the demoniac who continually attacks creationists on that matter does not challenge evolutionists). They must contradict and attack, it's who they are and what they do. Gotta protect that Darwinian death cult, don'tcha know."

Fascist liar. You are on your way to hell. The truth, which I know Sorensen has seen, is in my posts here dated 6 February:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=3153&p=51899&hilit=grand+canyon#p51899
I do NOT 'argue with evolutionary scientists' because they have EXPLAINED why there are no dinosaur fossils at the Grand Canyon. I do NOT refuse 'reasons' why young earth creationists don't expect dinosaur fossils in the Grand Canyon - I have NOT been given any 'reasons'. NONE. "... the demoniac who continually attacks creationists on that matter does not challenge evolutionists" - now the lying cretin is totally contradicting himself. But at least he got it right in the end. Or was that a typo?

The person pretending facts and reasons don't exist - and who is terrified of genuine debate and absolutely loves censorship - is 'COWBOY' Bob Sorensen'. Why are dinosaur fossils missing at the Grand Canyon, Bob? How about some of that 'critical thinking' you claim to espouse? Or you could admit "I don't know" - I wouldn't attack you for saying that.

The person unable to answer this valid question is SORENSEN. The person pretending otherwise is SORENSEN. The person ignoring my rebuttals and exposure of his lying on this uncensored forum is SORENSEN. The person churning out lying hate-filled propaganda and calling himself a 'Christian' is SORENSEN. (You get the idea...)

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2967&start=1755 (latest post)
As I see I said on 6 February:
"And why else does this person refuse direct meaningful engagement with my BCSE posts, preferring to attack attack on his own hate blogs? Because he is a fraud - and a coward. As are his followers. And a pathological liar." He has proven me correct. So sad that SOME 'Christians' behave like this.

And why does this bigot not only lie about his critics for egotistical propaganda purposes, but also seemingly seek to provoke them to anger as well. Is that 'Christian' behaviour?

"Don't you 'leftist' evolutionist owlhoot scum try to bother me with reality - I'm a young earth creationist."

(Wide circulation email sent.)



I see that Sorensen is whining on his main Facebook page about "uninformed atheists who are "former Christians"" who "call all of us "liars" and "fascists" for believing the Bible...". No - if you are talking about me, liar Bob, I call you a 'liar' because you lie and I SHOW how you lie - and I call you a fascist because you hate free speech, censor valid criticism, lie about your critics, and support Trump. I have encountered a tiny number of YECs who are not liars or fascists. But you are.

If you were honest you would (a) acknowledge my preceding post (just for starters) and (b) CORRECT the deliberately FALSE information you posted in the first paragraph of your blog post dated 22 February.

But you won't - because you are a disgusting pathologically lying hypocrite wearing Christian clothing. You will carry on lying and hating instead.
a_haworthroberts
 
Posts: 8445
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:49 am
Location: United Kingdom

YEC Bob Sorensen - compulsive liar

Postby a_haworthroberts » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:10 pm

http://www.piltdownsuperman.com/2018/02 ... flood.html 'Western Australia and the Genesis Flood.'
"... They just "know" that biblical creationists are wrong. No logic nor education needed."
Why does this lying fanatic feel a constant need to misrepresent everybody who disagrees with his mythology? ALL YEC models that try to make a recent global flood explain the pattern of the fossil record (over vast millennia) fail. As I pointed out here liar Bob: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2967&p=51925&hilit=ecosystem#p51925 "How could more than one ecosystem be found in a single location in the space of one year (a 'flood year' indeed)?" Kindly either ANSWER my question or WITHDRAW your latest lie, Sorensen.

Still, the compensation if there is a hell and liars and murderers go there is that that is where Putin, Assad, and Kim will end up.
a_haworthroberts
 
Posts: 8445
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:49 am
Location: United Kingdom

YEC Bob Sorensen

Postby a_haworthroberts » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:18 am

His followers are often bigoted reality deniers with fascist tendencies (is this Christianity):
https://www.facebook.com/Piltdown.Superman/
CS: "Oort cloud and hillary honesty...both are fiction."
RP: "The oort cloud does not exist but is an imaginary source for comets in order to account for enough time for evolution to ever have happened."
Arrogant.
Science no longer even 'needs' the Oort Cloud to confirm a very old solar system - it's now got interstellar asteroid Oumuamua as 100% disproof or a 'young' (eg 6,000 year old) universe. Something these bigots either don't know about - or would prefer never to mention. It's real though.
a_haworthroberts
 
Posts: 8445
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:49 am
Location: United Kingdom

Re: YEC Bob Sorensen - compulsive liar

Postby MisterGordons » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:14 pm

a_haworthroberts wrote:http://www.piltdownsuperman.com/2018/02/western-australia-and-genesis-flood.html 'Western Australia and the Genesis Flood.'
"... They just "know" that biblical creationists are wrong. No logic nor education needed."
Why does this lying fanatic feel a constant need to misrepresent everybody who disagrees with his mythology? ALL YEC models that try to make a recent global flood explain the pattern of the fossil record (over vast millennia) fail. As I pointed out here liar Bob: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2967&p=51925&hilit=ecosystem#p51925 "How could more than one ecosystem be found in a single location in the space of one year (a 'flood year' indeed)?" Kindly either ANSWER my question or WITHDRAW your latest lie, Sorensen.

Still, the compensation if there is a hell and liars and murderers go there is that that is where Putin, Assad, and Kim will end up.


Once again Ashley Haworth-Roberts is attempting to poison the well by lying through omission.

Use of the entire paragraph reveals what Cowboy Bob Sorensen is attempting to communicate.
'Critics of Genesis Flood geology base their complaints on uniformitarian processes, and most seem unwilling to consider what creationary scientists have to present. I have even seen some owlhoots that claim that there are no models for Flood geology, while at the same time refusing to examine models that have been presented. Essentially, biblical creationists are wrong because evolution. After all, Darwin's philosophies require deep time, and scoffers don't cotton to evidence for the recent creation and the global Flood. They just "know" that biblical creationists are wrong. No logic nor education needed.'

Reading of the entire post gives more clarity.
MisterGordons
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:20 pm

Re: YEC Bob Sorensen

Postby MisterGordons » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:17 pm

a_haworthroberts wrote:His followers are often bigoted reality deniers with fascist tendencies (is this Christianity):
https://www.facebook.com/Piltdown.Superman/
CS: "Oort cloud and hillary honesty...both are fiction."
RP: "The oort cloud does not exist but is an imaginary source for comets in order to account for enough time for evolution to ever have happened."
Arrogant.
Science no longer even 'needs' the Oort Cloud to confirm a very old solar system - it's now got interstellar asteroid Oumuamua as 100% disproof or a 'young' (eg 6,000 year old) universe. Something these bigots either don't know about - or would prefer never to mention. It's real though.


Ashley Haworth-Roberts has a great deal of faith in the meaning of Oumuamua. It is not fully understood and he has more enthusiasm for it than scientists have.

He also ridicules people who left comments. He selectively ignores other comments. Curtis Long posted about an atheist that wished death upon Jason Lisle. This was ignored presumably because Ashley Haworth-Roberts refuses to acknowledge hate speech from atheists.
MisterGordons
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:20 pm

Gordons defending a compulsive liar

Postby a_haworthroberts » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:56 pm

MisterGordons wrote:
a_haworthroberts wrote:http://www.piltdownsuperman.com/2018/02/western-australia-and-genesis-flood.html 'Western Australia and the Genesis Flood.'
"... They just "know" that biblical creationists are wrong. No logic nor education needed."
Why does this lying fanatic feel a constant need to misrepresent everybody who disagrees with his mythology? ALL YEC models that try to make a recent global flood explain the pattern of the fossil record (over vast millennia) fail. As I pointed out here liar Bob: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2967&p=51925&hilit=ecosystem#p51925 "How could more than one ecosystem be found in a single location in the space of one year (a 'flood year' indeed)?" Kindly either ANSWER my question or WITHDRAW your latest lie, Sorensen.

Still, the compensation if there is a hell and liars and murderers go there is that that is where Putin, Assad, and Kim will end up.


Once again Ashley Haworth-Roberts is attempting to poison the well by lying through omission.

Use of the entire paragraph reveals what Cowboy Bob Sorensen is attempting to communicate.
'Critics of Genesis Flood geology base their complaints on uniformitarian processes, and most seem unwilling to consider what creationary scientists have to present. I have even seen some owlhoots that claim that there are no models for Flood geology, while at the same time refusing to examine models that have been presented. Essentially, biblical creationists are wrong because evolution. After all, Darwin's philosophies require deep time, and scoffers don't cotton to evidence for the recent creation and the global Flood. They just "know" that biblical creationists are wrong. No logic nor education needed.'

Reading of the entire post gives more clarity.



Yet you hypocritically defend a fraud who frequently quotes his critics out of context ie deliberately quote mines them - by FAILING to provide the relevant link assuming it even exists (and when he's talking about myself the link DOES exist). Whereas I provided the relevant link, and also added "..." in front of the quote, to show that it was not the whole of what was written - ie the comments could be read in full by anyone wishing to do so.
a_haworthroberts
 
Posts: 8445
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:49 am
Location: United Kingdom

Re: YEC Bob Sorensen

Postby a_haworthroberts » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:58 pm

MisterGordons wrote:
a_haworthroberts wrote:His followers are often bigoted reality deniers with fascist tendencies (is this Christianity):
https://www.facebook.com/Piltdown.Superman/
CS: "Oort cloud and hillary honesty...both are fiction."
RP: "The oort cloud does not exist but is an imaginary source for comets in order to account for enough time for evolution to ever have happened."
Arrogant.
Science no longer even 'needs' the Oort Cloud to confirm a very old solar system - it's now got interstellar asteroid Oumuamua as 100% disproof or a 'young' (eg 6,000 year old) universe. Something these bigots either don't know about - or would prefer never to mention. It's real though.


Ashley Haworth-Roberts has a great deal of faith in the meaning of Oumuamua. It is not fully understood and he has more enthusiasm for it than scientists have.

He also ridicules people who left comments. He selectively ignores other comments. Curtis Long posted about an atheist that wished death upon Jason Lisle. This was ignored presumably because Ashley Haworth-Roberts refuses to acknowledge hate speech from atheists.



I do not remotely approve of that 'atheist's' comment about Lisle. I would have thought that was self-evident.
a_haworthroberts
 
Posts: 8445
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:49 am
Location: United Kingdom

YEC Bob Sorensen and the ICR (Clarey)

Postby a_haworthroberts » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:34 pm

Re my post dated 6 July 2017:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=3153&p=51540&hilit=clarey#p51540

The ICR and Sorensen are still flogging that 'dinosaur fossils routinely found within marine rock layers and with marine creatures as well as other land creatures' cherry picked story:
http://www.icr.org/article/holy-grail-dinosaurs/ "Still other studies found pollen and spores from terrestrial plants, as well as fishes, crocodiles, turtles, lungfish, and other dinosaurs in this same rock unit. In other words, a mixing of life from land and ocean environments which is so common in the rock record and strongly indicative of a global flood."
http://radaractive.blogspot.co.uk/2018/ ... overy.html

It's not 'so common' in the rock record. It's only been seen in North Africa and nearby parts of Europe.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4296572/ 'Island life in the Cretaceous - faunal composition, biogeography, evolution, and extinction of land-living vertebrates on the Late Cretaceous European archipelago.'
If you view the text under the heading 'The Late Cretaceous Continental Vertebrate Faunas of Europe' you get to the following paragraph (I've removed links for clarity):
"The Cretaceous continental vertebrate record of Europe is particularly patchy. Most problematic, there is a remarkable gap corresponding to the first half of the Late Cretaceous epoch that was, until recently, almost completely devoid of significant fossil occurrences. Although isolated occurrences of continental vertebrate fossils were occasionally reported from the Cenomanian to lower Santonian of Europe, these were mainly from marginal marine deposits. Only very recently have more diverse and well-preserved early Late Cretaceous faunal assemblages been discovered, especially in the Cenomanian of western Europe (see below). This marked early Late Cretaceous faunal gap is a consequence of the substantial reduction in emergent land areas that began in the late Albian–Cenomanian with a major sea-level rise that transformed Europe into an island archipelago. The wildly fluctuating paleogeography of this archipelago was subsequently controlled by sea-level changes and tectonic events affecting the Mediterranean Tethys region during the early formation of the Alpine orogenic chains."
Notice how the ICR deliberately twisted this:
http://www.icr.org/article/dinosaurs-ma ... -worldwide
"Zoltan Csiki-Sava and his colleagues surveyed all the recent research on dinosaur occurrences in Europe within the six accepted stages of the Late Cretaceous system. The team reported that “although isolated occurrences of continental [terrestrial] vertebrate fossils were occasionally reported from the Cenomanian to lower Santonian [lower four Upper Cretaceous stages] of Europe, these were mainly from marginal marine deposits.”6 And the vast majority of these dinosaur occurrences were even found in open marine chalk and limestone deposits mixed with marine invertebrates.
Their survey of the upper two stages of the Cretaceous also showed nearly all dinosaur fossils were located in marine rocks. Here, too, the paleontologists reported numerous discoveries of dinosaur remains in open marine chalk beds that are difficult to explain in a uniformitarian context. “Although these are isolated skeletal elements [individual bones] that washed out to sea, they are remarkably common and have been reported in surprisingly large numbers since the early discoveries.”6
Dinosaur fossils found in rock strata with marine fossils are commonplace, not the exception."
The ICR LIARS want their readers to believe that the majority of dinosaur occurrences "were mainly from marginal marine deposits". But the paper actually says that the Cretaceous continental vertebrate record of Europe is particularly patchy and although isolated occurrences of continental vertebrate fossils were occasionally reported from the Cenomanian to lower Santonian of Europe, these were mainly from marginal marine deposits.
Likewise the ICR perform do another cynical quote mine from the paper - from further on in the text also under the heading 'The Late Cretaceous Continental Vertebrate Faunas of Europe'. See under the sub-heading 'Maastrichtian'. The paragraph in question states:
"Chalk deposits from the Maastrichtian type area in Limburg (Belgium and the Netherlands) yielded some of the first continental vertebrate remains of this age from anywhere in the world. Although these are isolated skeletal elements that washed out into the sea, they are remarkably common and have been reported in surprisingly large numbers since the early discoveries. One of the first specimens discovered was described as ‘Megalosaurus’ bredai, a ‘megalosauroid’ (basal theropod) by Seeley (1883). It was later reassigned to a new genus Betasuchus by Huene (1932). Betasuchus has long been considered either an ornithomimosaur or a ceratosaur. Recently, Carrano et al. (2012) accepted the ceratosaurian identification of the specimen. Theropod remains are by far surpassed in numbers, however, by those of hadrosaurids. Seeley (1883) coined the name ‘Orthomerus dolloi’ for the first hadrosaurid remains recovered from the Maastrichtian of Limburg. This taxon was considered a member of Hadrosauridae, albeit a nomen dubium in the recent review of the group by Horner et al. (2004); furthermore, Weishampel et al. (1999) argued for the possible presence of two different taxa of derived hadrosaurids."
Yet the ICR cherry pick and make up their own facts from this paragraph (covering just the latest age or uppermost stage - one of six - of the Late Cretaceous epoch): "Their survey of the upper two stages of the Cretaceous also showed nearly all dinosaur fossils were located in marine rocks. Here, too, the paleontologists reported numerous discoveries of dinosaur remains in open marine chalk beds that are difficult to explain in a uniformitarian context. “Although these are isolated skeletal elements [individual bones] that washed out to sea, they are remarkably common and have been reported in surprisingly large numbers since the early discoveries.”"
They try to skew the main conclusions of the paper re dinosaur fossils. But the text on dinosaurs under the heading 'Events at the Cretaceous-Tertiary boundary in the European Archipelago' scarcely discusses where end of the Cretaceous dinosaur fossils have been uncovered but instead makes the points "dinosaurs definitely lived in at least parts of Europe during the last few hundred thousand years of the Cretaceous "and "their diversity was not decreasing markedly before their extinction".
a_haworthroberts
 
Posts: 8445
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:49 am
Location: United Kingdom

PreviousNext

Return to Conversations with Creationists

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron