Rabble rouser Ken Ham and his biased Facebook fans

Creationist bloggers can be infuriating. If one has infuriated you by persisting in nonsense even when corrected, or refusing to reply to your criiticsm, you may feel driven to recording the fact. If so, you may register your disapproval here and hope a response is forthcoming.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Rabble rouser Ken Ham and his biased Facebook fans

Postby Peter Henderson » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:27 pm

Oh, and he's just stated there were no tornadoes or hurricanes before the flood as well as no earthquakes.

So Marc, there was no plate tectonics before 4,500 years ago?

What utter nonsense.
Peter Henderson

Postby cathy » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:11 pm

Oh, and he's just stated there were no tornadoes or hurricanes before the flood as well as no earthquakes.
So how exactly does he know that? Where is that in the bible? If its not there then isn't he just making stuff up to suit.

Even the most ignorant religious person should notice that 90% of the stuff he says isn't in the bible anywhere at all? Why doesn't that alert them to saying something?
cathy

Postby a_haworthroberts » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:24 pm

In the comments under his blog post of 7 November Prothero has stated that claims by a participant's pastor's wife (reported on this forum by Krijimbesuesi on 15 October) that the water didn't run straight when first poured out by Robinson so they had to film the sequence again are FALSE CLAIMS.
http://www.skepticblog.org/2012/11/07/a ... more-19398
a_haworthroberts

Postby a_haworthroberts » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:26 pm

cathy wrote:
So how exactly does he know that? Where is that in the bible? If its not there then isn't he just making stuff up to suit.

Even the most ignorant religious person should notice that 90% of the stuff he says isn't in the bible anywhere at all? Why doesn't that alert them to saying something?

YEC 'logic'. There's no mention of earthquakes before the Flood - therefore Mr Ham is entitled to insist they never happened. (And THEN there was Catastrophic Plate Tectonics - required to harmonise the Bible's timescales with 'observable science'.)
a_haworthroberts

Postby Peter Henderson » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:24 pm

a_haworthroberts wrote:
cathy wrote:

YEC 'logic'. There's no mention of earthquakes before the Flood - therefore Mr Ham is entitled to insist they never happened. (And THEN there was Catastrophic Plate Tectonics - required to harmonise the Bible's timescales with 'observable science'.)

I think this is the old "and God said it was very good" nonsense Ashley. i.e. prior to the fall everything was perfect.

Apparently there were seasons but they weren't as extreme as they were today etc.

Complete and utter bullshit.

Surely Ham knows the Earth's seasons are caused by the Earth being tilted on it's axis ????? Or maybe it wasn't tilted prior to the fall, or possibly by not as much ?????

I dunno.

The level of ignorance displayed by YECs is mind blowing.
Peter Henderson

Postby a_haworthroberts » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:30 am

Unlike Dawkins, Ham is NOT mellowing with age. From his Facebook page today:

"WERE YOU THERE? Oh, the atheists so hate me teaching children to ask this question. Actually I’ve taught thousands upon thousands of children this question—teaching them the correct way to think about origins. I taught it to hundreds of
children yesterday in Oklahoma. The secularists do go ballistic when they know of me doing this.
I often meet people who tell me such things as-- they heard me speak when they were six years old, and have never forgotten what I taught them. When I ask them to tell me something they remember, invariably they say 'Were You There?'
When i was getting my luggage from the baggage carousel in San Diego one day, a young boy called out, "Mommy, there's the were you there man!"
When you teach children special sayings and how to think correctly about God's Word, I find it stays with them. I am finding an increasing number of parents who introduce their young children to me and say, "we hear you speak when we were our kids age--and we've never forgotten what you taught us--so we wanted to bring our kids to hear you."
I thought you would appreciate a blog item by Rev Tony Breeden as he articulates a great response to an atheist (a teacher who often mocks me and vehemently attacks me on his atheist blog), who took a shot at me for teaching kids to ask the question ‘Were You There?’ I encourage you to read this blog at the link below.
He begins this way:
Hemant Mehta, a Chicago math teacher who blogs as the so-called Friendly Atheist, took an obligatory potshot at Ken Ham for promoting the “Were you there?” tactic when he speaks to children who are being brainwashed into the tenets of humanism. Atheists, humanists and evolutionists of all stripes simply hate this tactic and no wonder, since its first use originates with God Himself [see Job 38:4]!
Mehta spends most of his post quoting Ham and accusing him of being jealous of that debate coward Bill Nye the Pseudoscience Guy, but he did say something at the end of his sparse post that caught my attention:
Read the rest of the blog at the link provided.
http://siriusknotts.wordpress.com/2012/ ... objection/"
(See also http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyat ... -children/)

THIS BLOKE ISN'T A SECULARIST OR ATHEIST, KEN! http://www.huffingtonpost.com/karl-gibe ... 96839.html

NOR IS THIS ONE: http://thenaturalhistorian.com/2012/04/ ... n-geology/
a_haworthroberts

Postby a_haworthroberts » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:37 am

Ham is also ranting about this (not because it's going to be narrated - in the UK at least - by Stephen Fry): http://www.history.com/shows/mankind-th ... -all-of-us

"The new TV documentary ‘Mankind the Story of All of Us’ (and its major theme in the first episode I understand is Human evolution) starts tonight (9pm EST). This is the first of a 12-hour miniseries on the History Channel.
Really, it should be entitled, ‘Mankind and the anti-God religion of evolution.’
We read from the program’s website: “It takes 10 billion years for the ideal planet to form and 3 billion more for the right conditions to emerge before it finally happens: mankind begins. From there unfolds a fast-paced story told here through key turning points …” http://www.history.com/shows/mankind-th ... -all-of-us
More secularist indoctrination from this program that will present FICTION as fact!
AiG will be commenting on this program in the News To Note section this Saturday."

Note that Ham has not even watched the programmes yet. A mere detail of course - he already KNOWS it will be spreading 'lies' and 'false science'.
a_haworthroberts

Postby a_haworthroberts » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:48 am

Ken Ham has got a new kiddie's book out: http://blogs.answersingenesis.org/blogs ... Ken+Ham%29
a_haworthroberts

Postby cathy » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:34 am

"WERE YOU THERE?
The obvious response to that is neither were you! The first thing I'd say is were you?
cathy

Postby Michael » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:15 am

cathy wrote:
"WERE YOU THERE?
The obvious response to that is neither were you! The first thing I'd say is were you?

Or

You are not all there
Michael

Postby Peter Henderson » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:38 am

THIS BLOKE ISN'T A SECULARIST OR ATHEIST, KEN!

Yep, Karl Giberson is a member of the Church of the Nazerene Ashley, though Ham has called his faith into question on more than one occasion.

Ham detests Giberson, Collins, and anything to do with Biologos.
Peter Henderson

Postby marcsurtees » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:40 am

Peter Henderson wrote:
Complete and utter....

Surely Ham knows the Earth's seasons are caused by the Earth being tilted on it's axis ????? Or maybe it wasn't tilted prior to the fall, or possibly by not as much ?????

I dunno.

Not so fast:
http://www.science-frontiers.com/sf030/sf030p02.htm
Marc

Postby a_haworthroberts » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:48 am

marcsurtees wrote:
Peter Henderson wrote:
Complete and utter....

I dunno.

Not so fast:

A 30 year old paper from the Creation Science Movement! HIGHLY convincing.
a_haworthroberts

Postby marcsurtees » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:57 am

a_haworthroberts wrote:
marcsurtees wrote:
Peter Henderson wrote:
Complete and utter....

I dunno.

Not so fast:

A 30 year old paper from the Creation Science Movement! HIGHLY convincing.

The really interesting thing is the fact that it is referred to by a non-creationist web site.
Maybe you should look again at the facts rather than ignore them because they don't fit your paradigm.
Marc

Postby Michael » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:07 am

marcsurtees wrote: I dunno.

Not so fast:
http://www.science-frontiers.com/sf030/sf030p02.htm[/quote]

A 30 year old paper from the Creation Science Movement! HIGHLY convincing.[/quote]
The really interesting thing is the fact that it is referred to by a non-creationist web site.
Maybe you should look again at the facts rather than ignore them because they don't fit your paradigm.[/quote]

Well Bowden is a nutter and geo-centrist. I have read enough of his stuff to know he is usually utterly wrong
Michael

PreviousNext

Return to Conversations with Creationists