Rabble rouser Ken Ham and his biased Facebook fans

Creationist bloggers can be infuriating. If one has infuriated you by persisting in nonsense even when corrected, or refusing to reply to your criiticsm, you may feel driven to recording the fact. If so, you may register your disapproval here and hope a response is forthcoming.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Rabble rouser Ken Ham and his biased Facebook fans

Postby a_haworthroberts » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:03 pm

https://answersingenesis.org/blogs/ken- ... -word-god/
The task Ken Ham has set himself is probably impossible. Too many plain falsehoods (including at their two well-known facilities) are required to try and persuade an increasing number young people and adults over time that the WHOLE of the Bible is "the actual Word of God, and is to be taken literally, word for word". Or might AiG have failed to some degree as well? NO such thought appears to enter the mind of Ham. Just this "Frankly, I believe their parents and churches are partly to blame". Well that stands to reason since AiG are NEVER to blame for anything ...

"Parents, pastors, Sunday school teachers, youth leaders, Christian teachers—are you actively working to instill a belief in the inerrancy, inspiration, and authority of the Scriptures in the young people under your influence? Are you simply assuming they view the Bible in this way? Are you actively undermining this belief by allowing for compromise regarding the history recorded in God’s Word?" ... "I encourage you to arm yourself with resources (such as our newly updated and expanded Answers Bible Curriculum) and dedicate yourself to training up a generation of young people in the way they should go."

That's a call to indoctrination (not really in how to behave but in what specifically to THINK) if ever there was one. I don't call this man a Rabble Rouser for nothing. The alarm bells that started ringing in my head when I first heard Ken Ham on video in 1988 or 1989 ('The Genesis Solution' I believe) have never stopped ringing since.

If the Christian God is truly the authority he does not need the falsehoods and indoctrination of impressionable young people from Ken Ham and AiG. If he does need such the Bible is INSUFFICIENT and INACCURATE taken literally and God approves of false/non-factual apologetics arguments and bibiolatry.

The link to this post has been SENT to AiG via their WEBSITE.
a_haworthroberts

Backward ignorant Christians (in the US presumably)

Postby a_haworthroberts » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:17 pm

https://answersingenesis.org/astronomy/ ... th20170404
"As I have previously discussed, belief that the earth is flat has rapidly grown of late, largely through dissemination via countless Internet sites and the influence of social media. Unfortunately, many Christians have fallen prey to this, misled into believing that the Bible teaches the earth is flat and that, until five centuries ago, the church likewise taught that the earth is flat."
Astonishing. And of course the Bible is pretty ambiguous on the shape of this planet to say the least. But I have seen eg that 'Earthrise' photo taken by Apollo astronauts in 1968. So on this occasion I side with AiG against stupid Christians (and non-Christians) across the pond. (I'm open to correction but I don't think eg the Church of England in 2017 is stuffed full of evangelistic flat-earthers.)
a_haworthroberts

Re: Rabble rouser Ken Ham and his biased Facebook fans

Postby a_haworthroberts » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:35 pm

https://answersingenesis.org/blogs/ken- ... ihilation/
"According to a new study, “biological annihilation” is around the corner for many of the earth’s species. The researchers claim a sixth mass extinction is now underway, this one caused by mankind. Of course, in a biblical worldview there’s only been one mass extinction, caused by the global Flood of Noah’s day."
Ken Ham twisting the Bible again (and lying about scientific reality). The Bible does NOT teach that the flood (or anything from resulting from it) was a 'mass extinction'.

CLOSE the Ark Encounter. All those animals died in a 'mass extinction'. None were saved.
a_haworthroberts

Previous

Return to Conversations with Creationists