'Biblical proportions' versus Biblical

Creationist bloggers can be infuriating. If one has infuriated you by persisting in nonsense even when corrected, or refusing to reply to your criiticsm, you may feel driven to recording the fact. If so, you may register your disapproval here and hope a response is forthcoming.

Moderator: Moderators

'Biblical proportions' versus Biblical

Postby a_haworthroberts » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:42 pm

I've sent the following comment to CMI on part of this new article:
https://creation.com/mouths-of-sceptics

''''A paper in Proceedings of National Academy of Sciences unwittingly provides evidence of a global catastrophic flood. BBC Science Correspondent Jonathan Amos commented that ... ''... reveal fossils of fish and trees that were sprayed with rocky, glassy fragments that fell from the sky. The deposits show evidence also of having been swamped with water - the consequence of the colossal sea surge that was generated by the impact.”This sure sounds like a flood of biblical proportions!''

I see that the thought which occurred to me just now is the same one that occurred to me last June:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=3153&p=52457&hilit=chicxulub#p52457
To quote myself: ''This was no flood from the sky or from below a la Genesis.''

Sea surges and tsunamis are not the same thing as a flood caused by rain and groundwater. They are of 'biblical' proportions but, alas, not described in Genesis.''
a_haworthroberts

Return to Conversations with Creationists