Creationists Say Flat Earthers Take Bible Too Literally

All are welcome to this forum, which is for debating the teaching of creationism or intelligent design in schools. This forum can be boisterous, and you should not participate if easily offended.

Moderator: Moderators

Creationists Say Flat Earthers Take Bible Too Literally

Postby Mountkeen » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:02 am

We know creationism is idiotic.................but to castigate a different group of crazies for taking the bible too literally when that's the basis for your own belief-system, smacks of a certain large, stinking, steaming dollop of irony.

Creationists Mock Flat Earthers for Taking Bible Too Literally
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2017/07/17/creationists-are-mocking-flat-earthers-for-taking-the-bible-too-literally/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

It's almost as if there's some sort of competition to see who can be more stupid.
Mountkeen

Re: Creationists Say Flat Earthers Take Bible Too Literally

Postby a_haworthroberts » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:20 pm

Jesus seemingly thought that Earth was 'young', and much doctrine is built on humans being around on the planet from 'week 1'. And you can't produce an Apollo image proving 100% that we live on an Earth that is very very ancient in addition to it being spherical. So AiG carry on regardless and ignore/dismiss all the evidence that Earth CANNOT be just 6,000 years old.

But Jesus had NO truck with all that Flat Earth nonsense.

Or did he? Matthew 4:8 (NIV):
"Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor."

I guess we must not take that literally ...
a_haworthroberts

Re: Creationists Say Flat Earthers Take Bible Too Literally

Postby jon_12091 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:39 am

Oh, the irony...
'If I can shoot rabbits then I can shoot fascists'
Miners against fascism.
Hywel Francis
jon_12091

Return to Free For All