Anti-science pro-brainwashing Christian cult

All are welcome to this forum, which is for debating the teaching of creationism or intelligent design in schools. This forum can be boisterous, and you should not participate if easily offended.

Moderator: Moderators

Anti-science pro-brainwashing Christian cult

Postby a_haworthroberts » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:10 pm

Answers in Genesis.
https://answersingenesis.org/train-up-a ... evolution/
"Parents can and should be very careful to expose their children to the truth of God’s Word from the earliest ages and continue throughout their lives. This training in the truth will serve them well as they navigate through a sinful and deceptive world."
"Be willing to say “I don’t know,” but then go and study to find the answers."
Which 'answers' might those be? Why of course, THESE 'answers':
https://answersingenesis.org/answers/
'Answers' concocted by fundamentalist Christians who have no scruples whatsoever about spreading lies, false scepticism and misinformation on scientific topics (and even add to what the Bible describes whilst claiming to be 'biblical creationists').
https://answersingenesis.org/blogs/ken- ... e-iceland/
"As Christians, we need to diligently teach our children about the truth of God’s Word from the very beginning. Our kids are learning the secular religion of millions of years, evolution, and relative morality from government-run school, the media, museums, and social media—pretty much everywhere. Parents need to be intentional about teaching their kids to think biblically and to view the world through the lens of God’s Word. We also need to teach our kids through our example to be bold witnesses for Jesus Christ as we spread His gospel to people who desperately need the hope and salvation that Jesus freely gives.
We need to realize that the secular school system (even though there are some Christian “missionaries” in that system) is a religious institution. By and large, parents have handed over generations of their kids to the “priests” in the secularist churches (public schools) to be indoctrinated in the religion of naturalism (atheism).
I encourage you to learn more about reaching this increasingly secular generation in my new coauthored book Ready to Return."
https://www.facebook.com/AnswersInGenesis/
"We need to realize that the secular school system (even though there are some Christian “missionaries” in that system) is a religious institution. By and large, parents have handed over generations of their kids to the “priests” in the secularist churches (public schools) to be indoctrinated in the religion of naturalism (atheism). –Ken Ham."

If I was lying about what Answers in Genesis do, they surely would expose my lies. I know some of their supporters, and perhaps their PhD staff too, view this community forum.

Instead they clam up, pretend that all my messages to them don't exist, and try to ignore all the content of all my posts here and elsewhere (and similar ones including by honest Christian bloggers who don't think the 2,000 year old Bible should be used as a weapon to deny scientific realities discovered since it was written).

Unlike Mr Ham and his associates, I don't seek publicity. But I do seek REAL answers from AiG. But it appears that they do not possess real answers. The kind of answers that their credulous supporters seldom seek - due in part at least to the brainwashing they have received from a young age maybe.

I asked them earlier this week whether if the recent global flood they claim happened never in fact occurred would that mean that there would be NO fossil record and almost NO fossils anywhere on the planet. (See the penultimate item in the 'narratives' chart in the Scot Chadwick article concerning the meaning or significance of fossils.)

I am still waiting for their answer. Which is ironic since they call themselves 'Answers in Genesis'. But clearly they do not wish to embarrass themselves by answering that question.

I also note how AiG ideologues like Ham mix up moral issues (such as 'gay marriage') with scientific topics.
a_haworthroberts

Re: Anti-science pro-brainwashing Christian cult

Postby Brian Jordan » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:30 pm

You're flogging a dead horse, Ashley. But if you persist, please at least use [quote][/quote] so we can see which is their text and which is yours.
Meanwhile, you might like to comment from you professional position on my own rant, about education in my new "Gove" thread in this forum.
"PPSIMMONS is an amorphous mass of stupid" - Rationalwiki
Brian Jordan
Forum Admin

Postby a_haworthroberts » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:52 pm

Brian Jordan wrote:You're flogging a dead horse, Ashley. But if you persist, please at least use
so we can see which is their text and which is yours.
Meanwhile, you might like to comment from you professional position on my own rant, about education in my new "Gove" thread in this forum.

I had no particular comment on the Gove thread; others might. (I've not been at the Department for Education since 2004, pre-Gove, and did not deal with any curricular issues whilst there - I mostly dealt with schools capital funding and then with discipline and anti-bullying policy/policies.)

Any text in speech marks in the opening post was AiG text and not mine.

Hope that's clear enough for anyone coming here from Sensuous Curmudgeon.
a_haworthroberts

Postby a_haworthroberts » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:54 pm

Rather a short Ham blog post. But he still manages five gross lies and misdirections (ie there's a deliberate misdirection that it's OK to link heavy coastal snowfall in Greenland, where several planes became buried decades ago, with the massive size of the ice cores in the dry interior of Greenland or Antarctica which the scientists have studied and which demonstrate that Earth cannot possibly be just 6,000 years old - because, according to the Word of Ham "the post-Flood Ice Age climate was also much different from our current slow rates of accumulation" thus hey presto he's just 'solved' his credibility problem by inventing a fictional and unbiblical event just so he can hubristically claim that all scientists are stupid and clever Ken is smiling, chuckling and shaking his head at their sheer idiocy.
https://answersingenesis.org/blogs/ken- ... te-change/
A warning that if you start lying about science and the Bible it frequently becomes an unbreakable habit for LIFE.
a_haworthroberts

Return to Free For All